Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For those that have been able to watch the Redskins

PeterBowman

RGIII is terrible.  He throws balls into the dirt, can't read a defense, and seems afraid to run.  They still can run the ball pretty good so I think they could present a problem if they play zone read in that game.  Their defense has a few good edge rushers but not much of a secondary.    If the Colts can shut down their running attack, it will be an easy game.

Their O line may be worse than ours.  But they have a couple good RBs, and we know about their receivers.  I think we'll play RG3 like everyone else does, keep him in the pocket and let him make bad decisions.

I think their D is better than their record.  They pay for their O's mistakes.

Well a few things there D get's after QB's they can be suffocating at times but others they look lost and just awful . There run game has got a lot better as the season goes on I expect them to really push the run game on us . RG3 is terrible the worst QB in the NFL right now and it's not even close .

RGIII is their weak spot, but most likely he will be benched next week and colt McCoy will start.

If RGIII would be benched...it will be hard for him as No2 pick watching No1 pick playing.

Wow, if they bench a healthy (I'm assuming he's healthy) RGknee then it means they've pretty much given up on him.

Fans here complain about us blowing a #1 pick on TRich (which the Browns wasted).

I don't blame their fan base for going balistic. 

Wow, if they bench a healthy (I'm assuming he's healthy) RGknee then it means they've pretty much given up on him.

Fans here complain about us blowing a #1 pick on TRich (which the Browns wasted).

I don't blame their fan base for going balistic. 

It is up in the air. Gruden has the green light to do so, and not only he is unhappy with RG's performance. 

I think he was given star-status a way too early, and this along with unique privileges harmed his mental readiness. Besides 2 serious injures must have been lethal effect on him, as he seems loosing his quickness and self confidence.

The press conferences leading up to the games will be very interesting. Usually reporters will as questions frome defenders like "You guys are facing one of the top offenses in the league and one of the great young QBs in the league. What challenges do you foresee?"

And inevitably, the defenders will have to praise the Colts offense, talk about the challenges of facing the Colts offense, and then talk about how Luck has become an absolute stud, meanwhile, RGIII............

Their O line may be worse than ours. But they have a couple good RBs, and we know about their receivers. I think we'll play RG3 like everyone else does, keep him in the pocket and let him make bad decisions.

I think their D is better than their record. They pay for their O's mistakes.

Spot on

One of my good friends is a redskins fan. We have fairly in-depth discussions about our respective teams. One thing he tells me, and I saw in the SF game last night is that the O-line is a huge weakness. He tells me that RGIII's mechanics have regressed, especially when under pressure. He is a QB who is completely devoid of confidence.

Based on this, it's one of those games where I think we can blitz with reckless abandon, but our corners in press coverage and dare the redskins to go deep. I think their offensive weaknesses play exactly to the strengths of our defense.

I think we need to watch out for Alfred Morris. He could really do some damage.

I think the Colts should be able to put up 30 easily as long as protection holds up like it did in the second half this past week VS the Jags.  The Colts have yet to lay an egg against a below average team this year (which is a good thing).  Last year they layed an egg against the Rams at home on Fox.  I think if the D contains Morris and limits RGIII, we will be fine.

Step 1: Stop the run, stop Alfred Morris. He is the type of back we struggle with, he is a much better Jonas Gray, and he is playing his best ball now. As bad as RG3 is throwing the ball I think the threat of him running has really helped Alfred Morris and the run game.

Step 2: Protect Luck

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

The only good I find in them is their ability to run the ball. Everything else is so terrible, all the fans are fed up with everythin over here. I live in the DC area so I've heard it all.

I live in Richmond (Redskins training camp area). All I hear is how beat up they are in the secondary. Own them Andrew!

The Redskins are stinky in many, many areas.  Their bad coaches are trying to do everything they can to spoon-feed RGIII plays that are in his wheel-house.  They have great recievers and a bad game-plan and a great QB.  How RGIII dropped off so much in inexplicable.  This game will be a laugher.