Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You asked for it this week and you got it this week!

NewColtsFan

-- You wanted Boom to start, and he did.

-- You wanted Moncrief to get more of Nicks' snaps, and he did.   He's now our #3 WR.

-- You wanted Joe Cribbs and he delivered.

-- You wanted more Purifoy and I think he played a fair number of snaps in the 2nd half.

-- You wanted a return of a better defense (granted, J'Ville is terrible) and at least you got a great goal line stand.     That was lights out in that sequence.

-- We may have also discovered a new right guard.   I think Nixon played most of the 2nd half for Thornton.    I think he did well.    Makes me wonder if he'll start next week?   At this point,  I think I'd like to see if that move pays off....

Strange game.     Worst half of offense I've seen the Colts play since I became a fan.   Followed by a solid 2nd half. 

Washington next week.....    I don't just want a win...   I'd like a big win!    :thmup:

-- You wanted Moncrief to get more of Nicks' snaps, and he did.   He's now our #3 WR.

-- You wanted more Purifoy and I think he played a fair number of snaps in the 2nd half.

-- You wanted a return of a better defense (granted, J'Ville is terrible) and at least you got a great goal line stand.     That was lights out in that sequence.

-- We may have also discovered a new right guard.   I think Nixon played most of the 2nd half for Thornton.    I think he did well.    Makes me wonder if he'll start next week?   At this point,  I think I'd like to see if that move pays off....

Strange game.     Worst half of offense I've seen the Colts play since I became a fan.   Followed by a solid 2nd half. 

Washington next week.....    I don't just want a win...   I'd like a big win!    :thmup:

I liked seeing Moncrief out there catching passes and running the ball a bit. Cribbs looked like the Cribbs of old on the return they called back... and Boom deserves to start. He has a burst of speed that we haven't seen in these parts for a long time. 

RGIII should be shaking in his boots, but chances are he would tear his knee up if that happened.

-- You wanted Moncrief to get more of Nicks' snaps, and he did. He's now our #3 WR.

-- You wanted a return of a better defense (granted, J'Ville is terrible) and at least you got a great goal line stand. That was lights out in that sequence.

-- We may have also discovered a new right guard. I think Nixon played most of the 2nd half for Thornton. I think he did well. Makes me wonder if he'll start next week? At this point, I think I'd like to see if that move pays off....

Strange game. Worst half of offense I've seen the Colts play since I became a fan. Followed by a solid 2nd half.

Washington next week..... I don't just want a win... I'd like a big win! :thmup:

Who's Joe Cribbs? And why did anyone want him?

Who's Joe Cribbs? And why did anyone want him?

Cribbs is one of the better return men in the history of the NFL.    Seriously.    I think the graphic today showed he's got 11 career TD's in KO and punt returns.

He returned the opening kick off of the game about 45 yards.    And he also busted a long punt return.  (Can't remember if that one was brought back by penalty.)     Every time he touches the ball, it looks like he's got a shot to run a long way....

Clearly an upgrade over Griff....

EDIT:    I see your point now.

So, your contribution to the discussion is Josh Cribbs instead of Joe.

Wow....   thanks for that......

Cribbs is one of the better return men in the history of the NFL.    Seriously.    I think the graphic today showed he's got 11 career TD's in KO and punt returns.

He returned the opening kick off of the game about 45 yards.    And he also busted a long punt return.  (Can't remember if that one was brought back by penalty.)     Every time he touches the ball, it looks like he's got a shot to run a long way....

The touchdown was indeed brought back for a guy getting blocked out of bounds even though it looked like he was heading that way on his own.

Cribbs is one of the better return men in the history of the NFL. Seriously. I think the graphic today showed he's got 11 career TD's in KO and punt returns.

He returned the opening kick off of the game about 45 yards. And he also busted a long punt return. (Can't remember if that one was brought back by penalty.) Every time he touches the ball, it looks like he's got a shot to run a long way....

EDIT: I see your point now.

Wow.... thanks for that......

It was a joke. Ya know. Playing off of you calling him the wrong name. Don't be so sensitive.

And I'll contribute to any thread in any way I want. But thanks for that.

Cribbs is one of the better return men in the history of the NFL. Seriously. I think the graphic today showed he's got 11 career TD's in KO and punt returns.

He returned the opening kick off of the game about 45 yards. And he also busted a long punt return. (Can't remember if that one was brought back by penalty.) Every time he touches the ball, it looks like he's got a shot to run a long way....

EDIT: I see your point now.

Wow.... thanks for that......

I don't think he's out of line correcting you on the guy's name

Was Cribbs on another roster during this season?

Hard to believe he's been on the street for the first 11 weeks of the year....?!?

I think the Jets let him go last year after an injury, and there were questions as to whether he was done. Apparently the reports of his demise was a bit exaggerated. 

This staff is taking a VERY LOING time to make simple adjustments that Venturi points out weekly.    

But like RV says...    "every NFL coach thinks they invented the game"

He has pimped getting Moncrief in the game from the get go.

He has said Richardson is just a guy and the team NEEDS a "Brown" (Brad) like player...  welcome Boom   I am Thrilled the team   got him involved NOW.

the D lacks play-makers ..    more Newsome and maybe even LP.  This just can't get a whole lot better this season.

RT is a "liability" ..      still up in the air.

Oh and finally the Griff experiment at returner is over...      what took so long?

Pags is loyal and stubborn to a fault and that gets coaches fired in the long run....         

I'm surprised it took them this deep into the season to say "You know what let's call Josh Cribbs".   I'm glad they got it done though.

I don't mind being corrected.

I mind the way he corrected me. I thought it was an unnecessary cheap shot and not all that funny.

Lol cheap shot? Good lord.

What part of my clear and apparent joke "Who is that and why did anyone want him" could be considered a cheap shot?

I was at the game and saw Shipley come in and play RG for quite a while. Maybe I'm wrong but he played there the whole second half? His first play in, he pulled and it was beautiful....stuffed the defender on his butt. 

Let's talk about Shipley and what should be done at all positions aside from LT.

Lol cheap shot? Good lord.

What part of my clear and apparent joke "Who is that and why did anyone want him" could be considered a cheap shot?

Because often when people get corrected,  instead of being a smart ***  the person simply writes.....

"I think you meant Josh Cribbs and not Joe..."

I think that's the more common way of correcting someone.

Because often when people get corrected, instead of being a smart *** the person simply writes.....

"I think you meant Josh Cribbs and not Joe..."

I think that's the more common way of correcting someone.

The problem here is you made the assumption that I was ignorant of who Josh Cribbs was, and instead of going "Haha whoops I meant Josh not Joe" you decided to take it upon yourself to "school me" on who he was. And upon realizing you didn't really comprehend what I wrote, or why I wrote it, you decided to get defensive.

Also wasn't aware kidding around consititued being a smart butt. I'll keep that in mind. Because I would hate to cheap shot you again, as I'm so known to do.

I'd be fine with Nixon or Reitz at the guard opposite Mewhort.  Or both of them starting together to be honest.

Reitz had his butt blown up all day in the first half.  All day.

If you re-watch the all-22 film of the first half, you will take back that statement in a hurry I feel like.

The problem here is you made the assumption that I was ignorant of who Josh Cribbs was, and instead of going "Haha whoops I meant Josh not Joe" you decided to take it upon yourself to "school me" on who he was. And upon realizing you didn't really comprehend what I wrote, or why I wrote it, you decided to get defensive.

Also wasn't aware kidding around consititued being a smart butt. I'll keep that in mind. Because I would hate to cheap shot you again, as I'm so known to do.

I don't like using the word "ignorant" here....   it's a loaded word with a bad connotation.

I thought you simply didn't know.    Nothing wrong with that.   I didn't think i was "schooling" you........

As for the joke...   I simply didn't find it funny.   Not because it was aimed at me,  I don't like the joke when it's aimed at anyone here.

It's in the past.    I'm over it.    We can move on.

I don't recall us having issues before.    I'd like for this not to be an issue now.    No reason for it.

Sorry this got elevated. 

Reitz had his butt blown up all day in the first half.  All day.

If you re-watch the all-22 film of the first half, you will take back that statement in a hurry I feel like.

I shall not, and I will not.  Tell me how many snaps in this game did Reitz play guard? Zero.

I agree he sucks as a tackle.

Defensively I like how we played the run, and those 7 man offensive lineman sets the Jags were trying to mimick off the Pats. I thought we did a good job keeping all those lineman off of the linebackers so they could flow and make tackles.  Hopefully if we see the Pats again we can play it just the same way.  I like what I saw out of Art Jones and Montori Hughes today.  Hughes seemed to be in on a number of different stops and other plays.

I shall not, and I will not.  Tell me how many snaps in this game did Reitz play guard? Zero.

I agree he sucks as a tackle.

I was going off what I saw.  In a sense, we agree. 

I'll hold any thoughts on his guard play until I see it this season. 

Who says Moncrief is our #3 now?

We also discovered reitz can't play tackle for his life, or Luck's.

Do the OL coaches think they can play a guy who has stayed on the left side as left tackle and left guard and move him to RT seamlessly? It does not work like that. It was a bad move, IMO. Reitz can only play on the left side with decent efficiency, I feel.

Who says Moncrief is our #3 now?

I'm saying it.

I'm speculating that because it looked like Moncrief got more snaps than Nicks.    And he certainly got far more targets and catches.

If that continues,  that makes Moncrief the 3 and Nicks the 4.

Could I be wrong?    Of course.   But it seems likely to me that we've seen the switch and we'll continue to see that in future games...

Defensively I like how we played the run, and those 7 man offensive lineman sets the Jags were trying to mimick off the Pats. I thought we did a good job keeping all those lineman off of the linebackers so they could flow and make tackles. Hopefully if we see the Pats again we can play it just the same way. I like what I saw out of Art Jones and Montori Hughes today. Hughes seemed to be in on a number of different stops and other plays.

No kidding, Montori really needs to get in more often. There's been a few games now where he just dominates at the line of scrimmage. I know people aren't impressed with Chapman, maybe Hughes takes over the NT spot at some point.

Josh Cribbs was a great pickup at least in his first game with us.

Boom has nice burst and runs angry but he needs to learn better ball skills he had one fumble almost a second and muffed a pitch.  Might have been nerves being his first start and all, overall i was very happy with him.

Our O-line is once again a major problem our QB is going to get hurt.

Luck also needs to take better care of the ball those fumbles would have killed us against a good team.

I am not sure why we tend to start slow for lack of a better term but we really need to do better on our first couple of possessions.

I like seeing Moncrief out there time will tell how good he can be.

We won and the Texans lost so that is great but the team needs to play much better if we are going to progress.