Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck's next contract

Hammer

Will Andrew's next contract be with the Colts? I'm starting to worry what he might be thinking, re: that pitiful O-line in front of him. Now in his 3rd year of being battered, seemingly every week, the thought about his NFL longevity must have crossed his mind. Unless some significant progress is made in shoring up his protection, we may not like the answer.

Will Andrew's next contract be with the Colts? I'm starting to worry what he might be thinking, re: that pitiful O-line in front of him. Now in his 3rd year of being battered, seemingly every week, the thought about his NFL longevity must have crossed his mind. Unless some significant progress is made in shoring up his protection, we may not like the answer.

You are out of your mind if you think he is going elsewhere, hahaha.

There are no gurantees. Indianapolis will be willing to give him just about anything he wants, but, other teams may be able to afford that and more.

He still has 2 years and on his contract and he can be tagged 2 times after that. He's not going anywhere.

Again, hahaha. The team will take a few drafts... and the line will be much improved by the time he has the option to go elsewhere.

You know the funny thing about all these "the line will be improved" comments...... The answers to the offensive line are on the roster, but on the bench and in today's case.... At RT for some odd reason

But, if the coaches would rather Luck to keep getting smacked around until they feel the answer is on the team.... More power to them

Nothing knee jerk about it. It's not like we've reached that point to even bother worrying about it very much. I'm just giving honest thoughts and opinions. Call it whatever you want. If it helps you sleep better :)

Me sleeping better? You are the one who seems like you take this way too personal. Luck is not going anywhere for at least another 3 1/2 years. He is under contact  now and can be franchised for another two years. Why are you so bent on arguing about this? Others have been trying to explain this to you but you won't listen. This is not a case of not hearing. This has boiled down to you being bull headed.

Sigh... 

Name me ONE top draft pick at QB..  who was successful to EVER leave the team that drafted them entering the first contract?

It does not happen.     And it won't.  

Some of you comical...

There are no gurantees. Indianapolis will be willing to give him just about anything he wants, but, other teams may be able to afford that and more.

You do know that the NFL Revenue shares right, every team no matter the market size gets the same amount. Think last year they all got like 190 mil each, also all have the same cap so how can another team give him something we can't?