Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some thoughts

Deano1818

First off, let me say this. I love my Colts

I followed them through many horrible years in Baltimore and in Indy

I was the kid on the bus with the Colts Blue pulldown stocking hat with a "puff" on the top

(I lived in Ohio, so I was ribbed every day)

I am on a bucket list to see the Colts in every stadium in the NFL

(About half way through)

I will say again...Love the Colts, but this isn't their year

They play in a crap division.... period

Because of the 6 easy wins, their record looks decent. It inflates our record a bit

We will make the playoffs. Anything can happen, but I dont like our odds at all

Its not JUST personnel issues......

One of our problems is....

I think we are missing a better gameplan each week

I look at the Patriots, and BB seems to have the answer, and can make adjustments mid game

You can also see that they EXPECT to win

With the exception of the Cincy game, I dont see "great" or even good game planning / game management

A consistent championship type team has this.

I think the players love Pagano, and he seems like a decent guy, but in my eyes, there have been too many times where this team looks like it doesnt have a game plan.

The team is not prepared............... in most weeks

We are down by 2-3 touchdowns quickly......... Do you ever wonder why?

We have won some of those games due to Luck heroics, but sheeze, not having your team ready for the first 3 quarters is on the coach in most cases is a travesty

....... steps off soap box.........

Thoughts?

Am I losing it?

Should I wait until after 7 AM before I post?

Deano

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 easy wins?

First, there are no easy wins in the NFL. Period. There's a reason there's a different champ every year.

Second, the Colts have quality wins over the Bengals and Ravens.

Third, anyone can win the Super Bowl if they make the Playoffs. (ie. Giants, Ravens just to name a couple recently.)

Fourth, we have a QB that can carry a team. That goes a long way in the NFL.

So saying they don't have a chance is ridiculous, but that's just your opinion, man.

No question there are weaknesses to this team that suggest the Cots aren't positioned to go deep into the payoffs.  But the rest of the season has to play out.  We do know that what works for this team:

1. is being balanced on offense - which means an effective run game.  
  2. 2nd, get after the QB,
  3. CBs have to lock up the WRs,
  4. get some turnovers
  5. and get off the field on 3rd down.

These keys highlight a lot of this team's weaknesses IMO.  Seems like we are banking on Andrew getting hot and carrying us in the playoffs.  That's a lot of pressure on a young QB.  That's just not a formula that works well unless your Dan Marino.  We have seen this storyline before and it almost always ended in disappointment.

First off, let me say this. I love my Colts

I followed them through many horrible years in Baltimore and in Indy

I was the kid on the bus with the Colts Blue pulldown stocking hat with a "puff" on the top

(I lived in Ohio, so I was ribbed every day)

I am on a bucket list to see the Colts in every stadium in the NFL

(About half way through)

I will say again...Love the Colts, but this isn't their year

They play in a crap division.... period

Because of the 6 easy wins, their record looks decent. It inflates our record a bit

We will make the playoffs. Anything can happen, but I dont like our odds at all

Its not JUST personnel issues......

One of our problems is....

I think we are missing a better gameplan each week

I look at the Patriots, and BB seems to have the answer, and can make adjustments mid game

You can also see that they EXPECT to win

With the exception of the Cincy game, I dont see "great" or even good game planning / game management

A consistent championship type team has this.

I think the players love Pagano, and he seems like a decent guy, but in my eyes, there have been too many times where this team looks like it doesnt have a game plan.

The team is not prepared............... in most weeks

We are down by 2-3 touchdowns quickly......... Do you ever wonder why?

We have won some of those games due to Luck heroics, but sheeze, not having your team ready for the first 3 quarters is on the coach in most cases is a travesty

....... steps off soap box.........

Thoughts?

Am I losing it?

Should I wait until after 7 AM before I post?

Deano

Just funny how you brush it off as panic. Slows starts and blowouts against top teams..... Hardly panic, more concern & facing reality. This is an average team due to terrible coaching decisions that have hindered/held back this team and it's QB

But hey, if you're satisfied with being an average team, that's your business

Just funny how you brush it off as panic. Slows starts and blowouts against top teams..... Hardly panic, more concern & facing reality. This is an average team due to terrible coaching decisions that have hindered/held back this team and it's QB

Its an above average team with some weak areas (O-line, D-line primarily).  Its the third year of an almost complete rebuild (likely the third year they make the playoffs btw).  Calling for a "rebuild" or firing coaches because the team is not elite yet is beyond panic if you ask me; its the sign of spoiled fans that don't know what tough times look like.  

No one here is satisfied with "average" play.  Its just that most of the posters here are reasonable enough to know that excellence takes time.

Its an above average team with some weak areas (O-line, D-line primarily). Its the third year of an almost complete rebuild (likely the third year they make the playoffs btw). Calling for a "rebuild" or firing coaches because the team is not elite yet is beyond panic if you ask me; its the sign of spoiled fans that don't know what tough times look like.

No one here is satisfied with "average" play. Its just that most of the posters here are reasonable enough to know that excellence takes time.

No one is expecting elite, but seriously should be better than we're playing. Shipley needs to start, the line was the BEST it's ever been since forever when he started but then he gets benched for reasons unknown

Moncrief should've been starting in front of Nicks

It's the little things like that that are hindering this team. How do you struggle with Jags??!!!

5 sacks??! Please Explain

No one is expecting elite, but seriously should be better than we're playing. Shipley needs to start, the line was the BEST it's ever been since forever when he started but then he gets benched for reasons unknown

It's the little things like that that are hindering this team. How do you struggle with Jags??!!!

They beat the Jags pretty soundly. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty decisive.  I agree that Moncrief needs a bigger role and I agree that the O-line is inadequate and Grigson has done a poor job building that unit so far (that should explain the 5 sacks).

They beat the Jags pretty soundly. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty decisive. I agree that Moncrief needs a bigger role and I agree that the O-line is inadequate and Grigson has done a poor job building that unit so far (that should explain the 5 sacks).

No! The coaches are to blame for oline. Like I said, Shipley had that offensive line rolling, the coaches decide who plays, not Grigson

And everyone said the same thing after the Giants game. "It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win". Then went up against NE and got WAXED

Playing ugly against top teams won't work. If you can't play solid against the bottom feeders...... How do you ever plan to beat the top dogs???

No! The coaches are to blame for oline. Like I said, Shipley had that offensive line rolling, the coaches decide who plays, not Grigson

And everyone said the same thing after the Giants game. "It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win". Then went up against NE and got WAXED

Playing ugly against top teams won't work. If you can't play solid against the bottom feeders...... How do you ever plan to beat the top dogs???

Are you related to Shipley? I mean, just between you and me...are you his mom or something?  Over the course of the last few years the Oline looked better with Shipley at times, then it was Reitz, then Harrison looked good for a game or two.  Its a unit that lacks talent and consistency.  Shipley might be a marginal upgrade at one position of a below average unit.

I get that you took the NE game very personal but it was just one game.  This team looks to be a rung below the elite teams.  They are a draft or two away from being where NE is..relax

Are you related to Shipley? I mean, just between you and me...are you his mom or something? Over the course of the last few years the Oline looked better with Shipley at times, then it was Reitz, then Harrison looked good for a game or two. Its a unit that lacks talent and consistency. Shipley might be a marginal upgrade at one position of a below average unit.

I get that you took the NE game very personal but it was just one game. This team looks to be a rung below the elite teams. They are a draft or two away from being where NE is..relax

No, not related to Shipley. And you're foolish if you really believe it was a "marginal" upgrade. He was the best rated C I do believe by PFF or whatever that rank system people post on here is.

I love reading these posts or opinions. Makes me laugh when the diehard fans can't even come to grips with reality or fact. The record of the team compared to who they won and lost to is no joke. They beat up on % teams (sometimes not even a pretty win) and get beat by the good teams (some are close others are Really ugly). That seems to equal a average team based on facts. This team will not make it far in the playoffs if they can't get better oline and dline play against the run.

Pagano is 14-2 vs the division, 16-14 against everyone else. It's unacceptable, the players play hard for him but he's not a good x's and o's coach and the team is never prepared. I don't think we'll ever win the SB with Pagano as the coach.

So a winning percentage of 0.682% is unacceptable now? Heck even looking at just the outside division games .533 isn't anywhere near the worst percentage. 

Good win today.  You can't expect perfection every week.  We just need to stay healthy, keep winning games, and hope that we are playing our best football in the next few 2-3 weeks.  Yes, the Colts are good, but not great right now, but the season can change quickly with injuries and a team gaining momentum.

Sometimes I just wonder how you would feel being a Raiders fan . I could just imagine the doom and gloom we will keep building wehave a lot of draft picks this year a few good picks could really put us up there with better rosters in the league .

Nicks made a very nice catch today and scored last week.

Shipley should be starting, but that's out of our control.

Reitz and Thornton explains 5 sacks. Thornton should only see the field if everyone else is hurt. Reitz should never start at tackle.

Well last year we beat both Super Bowl participants and a NFC runner-up. We still have Luck. We can play with and beat anyone; just can't brag about big wins so far this season. I absolutely believe teams get on rolls and we have enough talent to catch fire. Did we today? Not even close....but the first step is to make the playoffs, and with Texan loss, we've had a good day.