Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice Little Test For Mallett

dw49

Wish was not an early game as I'd like to see how he does this week. Cinn has a game film to study and Mallett had a great running game and zero pressure last week vs Cleveland . I'm interested to see how he does if he's asked to do a little more this week. No doubt game of interest for 2014 and years beyond.

I think he's got a better arm, and better ball placement than Fitzy.  I called him average earlier in the year, but I'm interested to see how well we defend against them the second time around.  It may be tough if they are able to run and pass.

Woot party

Let's see ...

DW woots awarded to 

1) Mallett game

2) Bortles game. BTW... I did say guy was way way over drafted . Let's see how that one turns out.

3) To all AFC South teams losing but Colts.

4) Colt defense.

5) Andrew Luck living through the first 30 minutes of football.

So I'm calling it a 5 woot gem of a day.

Have to take away woot 1. Poor guy played hurt...

Texans QB Ryan Mallett played through an injured right pectoral muscle during Sunday's Week 12 loss to the Bengals.

Mallett suffered the potentially season-ending injury in warmups, perhaps explaining his erratic play against the Browns. He's headed for an MRI and if it shows a tear, the chance he's been awaiting for so long is over. The Houston Chronicle is already suggesting that Ryan Fitzpatrick is "likely back" for the foreseeable future, although we wouldn't be shocked if the Texans turned to fourth-round rookie Tom Savage. Bill O'Brien has seen Fitzpatrick's ceiling and hit his head on it.

Have to take away woot 1. Poor guy played hurt...

Texans QB Ryan Mallett played through an injured right pectoral muscle during Sunday's Week 12 loss to the Bengals.

Mallett suffered the potentially season-ending injury in warmups, perhaps explaining his erratic play against the Browns. He's headed for an MRI and if it shows a tear, the chance he's been awaiting for so long is over. The Houston Chronicle is already suggesting that Ryan Fitzpatrick is "likely back" for the foreseeable future, although we wouldn't be shocked if the Texans turned to fourth-round rookie Tom Savage. Bill O'Brien has seen Fitzpatrick's ceiling and hit his head on it.

Such a bummer. Wanted to see him finish the season.

Besides all the obvious , now he has to sign some incentive or short term deal. Just a really bad beat.

Yeah, Houston's QB situation will be the most interesting to watch this off-season. Will they keep Mallett and Fitz? Seems like one will go although they could keep both at little money. Will the draft another QB to go along with Savage? That would be four QBs with two under development. I suppose they could do a trade too but not sure who they would get.

Yeah, Houston's QB situation will be the most interesting to watch this off-season. Will they keep Mallett and Fitz? Seems like one will go although they could keep both at little money. Will the draft another QB to go along with Savage? That would be four QBs with two under development. I suppose they could do a trade too but not sure who they would get.

Fitz moves on if Mallett is signed. Only like a 650K cap hit and they can't go into another season with him being #1. I guess we really don't know what they think of Mallett or Savage , so other than that , interesting as you say.

The injury may be a blessing in disguise for Houston. If they can sign him to a one-year "prove it" deal they can take a look at him in 2015. If they decide to go in another direction, they just let him walk. 

I feel for the guy, he waited four years for his shot and never really got to take it. Hopefully he comes back 100%.