Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anyone here still believe the Colts can represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLIX this year?

coltkingABC

143 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Colts still win the AFC...and the Super Bowl?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you honestly here on this board? Is it to bash the Colts? Because this thread isn't about the Patriots, but yet you come in here on your high horse and bash us. Just leave already... You are wasting your own breath arguing with us and Colt bashing. Go back to your own Patriots forum and talk about how good Rob Gronkowski is and how good Tom Brady hands the ball off and how good Revis and his "island" is. Bug off already!

I think he's just being realistic doesn't necessarily mean he's bashing the Colts.  

No the Colts are pretenders not contenders end of story.

It may appear that way to some. Many would have said that about the Super Bowl winning Ravens in 2012 during the regular season as well. After losing to the Eagles, Texans, Steelers, Redskins, Broncos, and Bengals, I'm sure many didn't give them a real chance to surpass the elite teams in the AFC.

Being resigned to pretender status in fans' minds by no means translates to a team not actually having a chance. This year's Colts have limitless talent on offense, and the defense has the talent to step it up come playoffs. That's kind of why the playoffs are so exciting each year...

I certainly feel like we can get to the Super Bowl.  We have all the tools to do so, and I like some of the things I see Grigson doing to make the team better such as adding Josh Cribbs.  Also like the fact that they are learning to get Moncrief more involved in the passing game. I have greater confidence in the run defense with Art Jones back, and Montori Hughes starting to break out.  I'm also glad that we are getting Boom Herron more carries.  Hopefully the coaching staff will start to match my vision and include Zirlon Tipton in the running game along with the other 2 and I think we will see some real good progress out of the running game.

I'd really be thrilled if we would make some use out of Jeff Demps and all that speed instead of leaving him on the PS, but I have doubts we are going to do anything with.  A guy like that can be a nightmare match up in the passing game against linebackers and on screens.  Getting back to the defense, I was pleased to see some of the adjustments we made against the 7 man power running game against the Jags.  I'm anxious to see what we look like defending the run this week against the Redskins, also against the Texans, and the Cowboys.   If we can hold up against the run in those games and not lose any of our significant players to injury I have confidence in this team against anybody.