Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anyone here still believe the Colts can represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLIX this year?

coltkingABC

143 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Colts still win the AFC...and the Super Bowl?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. The odds aren't great, but yes.Ā 

Ā 

Go back and read some articles about the 2012 Ravens from around this time of the season. Or the Giants in 2011, or 2007. Or the Colts in 2006, especially in the last month of the season. And so on, and so on.

Ā 

The team has some serious issues, but all it takes is getting hot, getting a break on a postseason matchup, etc. I'm not advising anyone to put any money on it, but it's possible.Ā 

Yes. The odds aren't great, but yes.Ā 

Ā 

Go back and read some articles about the 2012 Ravens from around this time of the season. Or the Giants in 2011, or 2007. Or the Colts in 2006, especially in the last month of the season. And so on, and so on.

Ā 

The team has some serious issues, but all it takes is getting hot, getting a break on a postseason matchup, etc. I'm not advising anyone to put any money on it, but it's possible.Ā 

Yeah, you're right. In my opinion the teams most likely to win the AFC are the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, Ravens, and even the Chargers.

Lucks mental lapses aren't what's hurting this team right now. The defense and the run game are. Granted, when it comes to playoff games, Luck doesn't have a very good record so far of making sound decisions all the time, so in that regard, I'd agree with you. But talking about this year? Run game and defense are much more important fixes for the time being.

Mental lapses? You never miss an opportunity to get your dig in on Luck do you? Are you aware that Luck runs the top offense in the league? I guess not.

Yeah, and I saw him force a bad pass to Wayne that was intercepted .

And last playoffs , I saw him throw 4 INTs.

Yes, he has too many mental lapses in too many critical times.

Besides, when was the last time a #1 offense won the SB?

Lucks mental lapses aren't what's hurting this team right now. The defense and the run game are. Granted, when it comes to playoff games, Luck doesn't have a very good record so far of making sound decisions all the time, so in that regard, I'd agree with you. But talking about this year? Run game and defense are much more important fixes for the time being.

I mentioned the defense first, but Crazy had to fixate on the Luck comment.

IMO, it all comes down to the guys in the trenches. Imagine the possibility of the OL blasting holes for whoever the RB is. And Andrew being given all the time he needs to find all the weapons he has all day and comes out of the game relatively untouched. Then on the other side of the ball, what if the DL dominated and took away the running game no matter who the opponent was. Thus, giving the solid secondary we have a chance to do their thing. If that actually happens, the Colts chances are as good as anyone else's.

Yes I do think it is very possible as long as we can get back to playing sound defense against the run. Ā I would also like to get the running game going again, but we can still score points without it. Ā The run defense, and maintaining the pass rush is the main key to this thing I think. Ā I'd like for us to be much better running the football, but if it does not happen we still have enough to make it to the end zone more than our fair share. Ā The key is the defense coming back together.

What about if we run the table and they take a couple losses to Green Bay, plus a couple other teams? Will you believe then :O

If New England is our opponent in the playoffs in any way, shape or form then no. We're 0-3 against them in the Andrew Era and each time they dropped 40+ points

If we don't play them in the playoffs, I'll vote yes. Just that simple

No, not unless they discover a defense and Luck cuts down on his mental lapses.

Quit bashing on Luck. I also witnessed Tom Brady get picked off twice on Sunday night. Tom didn't have the greatest game unless you count handing it off like a "boss" a great game. Now get outta here!

CanĀ the Colts make it to the big game? Sure, any team that gets in the playoff has a shot. Will they? Probably not. The lack of a running game hurts our offense and our defense isn't Super Bowl caliber at all. But with our passing attack it's still possible. If the right guys get hot at the right time who knows.

I voted yes !!! Ā Once the playoffs come around, anything can happen. Ā Get hot at just the right time, and voila, we make a run for it !!!

Ā 

Everyone, or maybe I should say, certain posters, keep bringing up Luck's 7 interceptions last year in the playoffs, as if that has anything to do with THIS year's playoffs. Ā It doesn't, but yettttt.... some people just can't let it go !!!

Ā 

Yes we have work to do, but I still have faith in my team, always have, always will !!! Ā  GOOOOOOOOOOO Colts !!!!