Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dream Draft

I did a mock draft on firstpick.com and here is my dream draft I would be thrilled to see the Colts get. I traded down from round 1 and got a king's ransom(2,3,4,5) from Jax. That gave the Colts 12 picks!

Round 2 Pick 2 (JAX): Spencer Drango, OT, Baylor (A-)
Round 2 Pick 18: Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
Round 3 Pick 2 (JAX): Anthony Harris, SS, Virginia (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 2 (JAX): Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 4 Pick 18: Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (B+)
Round 5 Pick 2 (JAX): Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B-)
Round 5 Pick 18: Za'Darius Smith, DE, Kentucky (B)
Round 6 Pick 18: Malcolm Brown, RB, Texas (B+)
Round 6 Pick 23: Damian Swann, CB, Georgia (C+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Desmond Hollin, DT, Florida State (B-)
Round 7 Pick 19: Aaron Davis, OLB, Colorado State (B-)

We get help basically everywhere with this draft. Yes we would still need to sign a DL or two, but everywhere else we are good and have decent depth. I also have us releasing RT Cherilus and SS Landry in the offseason if it makes sense cap wise to do.

We get our new RT in Drango, our new ILB of the future Perryman, our safety tandem in Harris at SS and Golson at FS, and good depth with rest of the picks. Moncrief, Hilton, and Greene make for a quality WR trio for the future. And Im not sure we will target an OLB early since Mathis is coming back and Newsome has shown some flashes. I still have us getting ZaDarius Smith for depth there.

I can say one thing... I'd be very happy if we get a chance to draft Denzel Perryman! He's one of the surest tacklers I've ever seen! We could use that BIG time in the middle of our D. I hope we focus on D primarily this year. A decent O lineman wouldnt hurt somewhere in the mix.

I can say one thing... I'd be very happy if we get a chance to draft Denzel Perryman! He's one of the surest tacklers I've ever seen! We could use that BIG time in the middle of our D. I hope we focus on D primarily this year. A decent O lineman wouldnt hurt somewhere in the mix.