Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson as a Colt - Thoughts?

ThorstenDenmark

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000431738/article/adrian-peterson-i-wont-use-switch-again

If he chooses not to go back to the Vikings, and if he becomes a free agent or so, I would love to see him in a Colts uniform.

What he would bring to the table and to our team, would be exactly what we are missing.

Bradshaw might not be back, but if there is a possability that we can sign AP, then grigson should go for it.

What do you think about AP in a colts uniform? 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000431738/article/adrian-peterson-i-wont-use-switch-again

If he chooses not to go back to the Vikings, and if he becomes a free agent or so, I would love to see him in a Colts uniform.

What he would bring to the table and to our team, would be exactly what we are missing.

Bradshaw might not be back, but if there is a possability that we can sign AP, then grigson should go for it.

Adrian Peterson is no Ray Rice, but yes he has some garbage.

But still, what he could bring to our team and what kind of player he is, and most important, he played with a chip on his shoulder as he wants to prove himself for a new team and the whole world as a better man. 

Yes there are issues regarding him, but I can't find anyother RB like him in the league that would be a better fit for the colts.

Marshawn Lynch is good, but I don't think he would be a good fit in Indy.

DeMarco Murry, well we can't get near him, but if to choose between those three, I would still Pick AP.

As I said talent-wise Peterson would me more than OK.

When I'm considering other issues, I'm thinking of 'outlook' of the franchise. Chelsea's team doctor quit the team for Chelsea employing a coach who allegedly abused kid(s) (he was convicted as well), so it may harm the franchise in a way.

As I said talent-wise Peterson would me more than OK.

When I'm considering other issues, I'm thinking of 'outlook' of the franchise. Chelsea's team doctor quit the team for Chelsea employing a coach who allegedly abused kid(s) (he was convicted as well), so it may harm the franchise in a way.

At the risk of going OT I believe you're referring to Graham Rix, nothing alleged about it, and although still very dubious behaviour and illegal it wasn't paedophilia in the truest sense. He had (consensual) relations with a 15 year old so by the letter of law in the UK as she was below the age of consent it's criminal offense and a automatic addition to the sex offenders register. Not condoning his actions in the slightest just saying you have to understand there are different levels of criminality in these things. 

Going back to topic and to your point, while it could cause friction among team mates you'll be amazed at what people will ignore from team mates. Going back to your Chelsea example look at John Terry. In some ways (let me clarify I don't think this), what he did might be considered worse because he's betrayed the trust of a team mate by having an affair with his wife. 

According to the site linked, TR's cap hit is 2.25mil this year and 3.1 next year.  The Brownies are recording a 6.6mil cap hit this year. 

Monetary wise, the TR trade didn't hurt the Colts...most of the overpaying stayed on the Browns' books, owning to the fact that they picked TR with the 3rd overall pick that year.

I would love to have Peterson on our team.  On another note, after watching Sundays game against NE, at what point was there a hole Peterson could run through?

14:17 1st Quarter B gaps

6:15 4th Quarter C Gaps

Otherwise I got nothing....On a related note Im so sick of watching Gosder C trying to run block its not funny.......Don't get me started on Peps continued attempts to try to turn Coby into an In-Line Blocker..Thats not Coby and never will be

The Vikings are not going to cut him, and even if they do he would want top dollar, he is getting old and he is not going to be able to play for the rest of the year so why in the world would you want someone like that who also has legal issues as well. I have read time and time again by many posters on this board that good RB are a dime a dozen so what is the point?

I really don’t understand these Santa Claus wish list threads. :dunno:  There are plenty of other realistic things to discuss.

The Vikings are not going to cut him, and even if they do he would want top dollar, he is getting old and he is not going to be able to play for the rest of the year so why in the world would you want someone like that who also has legal issues as well. I have read time and time again by many posters on this board that good RB are a dime a dozen so what is the point?

I really don’t understand these Santa Claus wish list threads. :dunno:  There are plenty of other realistic things to discuss.

Maybe, maybe not, the situation presents them with an opportunity to offload a lot of cap hit with no dead money ramifications. Of course AP is a fantastic player but he's on that cusp of the dreaded drop off for a running back and in this day and age do you really want to spending $15 Million + on a RB? Especially when  you're building around what you hope is going to be your franchise QB. 

That's just looking at the football side of things, let alone the personal relationship that may have been strained somewhat with all the goings off.