Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Injury Updates (Video)

TKnight24

It's nice to get DE Arthur Jones back because you can never have too many healthy pass rushers on your team, but INDY needs to get their o-line figured out because QB Blake Bortles is improving & by next season with more confidence under his belt & a stout defense the Jags are gonna be a hassle for the Colts. 

I was proud of Coby Fleener's performance against the Patriots with some tough catches in crunch time. It still bothers me that Dwayne Allen is out. Not his fault. I just had high hopes for him this year. 

You make it sound like Allen has had a disappointing year and now he's lost for the rest of the season?!?

The Fleener performance has been ridiculously hyped by a lot of people who don't know much (or anything) about football.

Coby was wide open for most (not all) of his catches because Belichick wanted Hilton and Wayne shut down. This allowed Fleener to be open over the middle and this wasn't a big problem because Belichick knew they couldn't score touchdowns that way.

Other than Wayne getting the better of Revis early, the Pats executed their game plan to near perfection.

You make it sound like Allen has had a disappointing year and now he's lost for the rest of the season?!?

Well, I do kind of still feel that way because I was counting on him to be a difference maker against NE. Allen could miss any other game the entire season & it wouldn't have mattered to me, but that game did because it was a psychological AFC elite showdown & the Colts crashed & burned. 

Winning the rest of the regular season season means nothing to me now because the Patriots have the edge now in the post season & that means everything confidence wise. INDY isn't ready to make a SB run yet.

We are further away than I originally anticipated we were & that's not good. 

Better figure out something cause Andrew is about to be a $100million QB

Hilton, Allen, Castonzo, Fleener & Freeman are about to get paid too. Lot of $$$ we gotta throw around in the next few years

As long as it's someone else paying Fleener & Freeman I'm OK with it.

:lol:

I don't expect us to dish out much to Fleener. He's one dimensional. Only can catch, and even that's shaky. But we'll see what the front office feels he's worth

Well he's not one dimensional and his catching isn't shaky. Go sit in the corner with your apple juice

The Fleener performance has been ridiculously hyped by a lot of people who don't know much (or anything) about football.

Coby was wide open for most (not all) of his catches because Belichick wanted Hilton and Wayne shut down. This allowed Fleener to be open over the middle and this wasn't a big problem because Belichick knew they couldn't score touchdowns that way.

Other than Wayne getting the better of Revis early, the Pats executed their game plan to near perfection.

He was wide open because he was getting himself open. They didn't just let him run free.

:lol:

I don't expect us to dish out much to Fleener. He's one dimensional. Only can catch, and even that's shaky. But we'll see what the front office feels he's worth

Allen is the better player but obviously he's had some injuries. I like what Jack Doyle has done at times this year especially with his blocking. Fleener can be a tough matchup for a defense because of his combo of size and speed but he's not a blocker and his hands are suspect at times. I thought we'd see more of Jack Doyle sunday but I didn't see him on the field much at all.

He was wide open because he was getting himself open. They didn't just let him run free.

no they didn't let him run free but it was clear that the defense was trying to take away Hilton and Wayne and were OK with the letting Fleener try to beat them in coverage. He did a nice job but Fleener isn't a Gronkowski who can break a game open and New England took the lesser of the 3 evils.

Allen is the better player but obviously he's had some injuries. I like what Jack Doyle has done at times this year especially with his blocking. Fleener can be a tough matchup for a defense because of his combo of size and speed but he's not a blocker and his hands are suspect at times. I thought we'd see more of Jack Doyle sunday but I didn't see him on the field much at all.

He should see increased time now. Cause Fleener can't run block. Saunders and Doyle will be the blocking TE's

Better figure out something cause Andrew is about to be a $100million QB

Hilton, Allen, Castonzo, Fleener & Freeman are about to get paid too. Lot of $$$ we gotta throw around in the next few years

I'm still not sure on what I want us to do next off-season. We will have a ton of cap space-- especially after we make a few roster cuts. Should we be aggressive in free agency and go heavily on defense in the draft and go for broke in 2015 to win a title. Or play it conservative and start paying our own guys and try to build from within. What do you think man?

I'm still not sure on what I want us to do next off-season. We will have a ton of cap space-- especially after we make a few roster cuts. Should we be aggressive in free agency and go heavily on defense in the draft and go for broke in 2015 to win a title. Or play it conservative and start paying our own guys and try to build from within. What do you think man?

Keep building through the draft. Until Brady & Peyton hang up the cleats..... No reason to go Boom or Bust mode like they did this offseason

Build for the long haul when you have a QB who's gonna be around for the next decade or 2

no they didn't let him run free but it was clear that the defense was trying to take away Hilton and Wayne and were OK with the letting Fleener try to beat them in coverage. He did a nice job but Fleener isn't a Gronkowski who can break a game open and New England took the lesser of the 3 evils.

yes it was definitely clear that Hilton and Wayne were NE's primary concerns.  My point was simply that Fleener was not open because they left him unguarded as was implied...he was covered, but those that NE put on him were not able to cover him.