Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami (+7) @ Denver (11-23-14)

oldunclemark

CBS national - 4:25 EST

Over-under 47

Low 40s, sunny and windy 20-25 MPH

QB Ryan Tannehill 2,354 yards passing. 261 yards rushing (7.1 per carry)

Miami CB Brett Grimes - 5 interceptions

WR - Emmanural Sanders (67 catches, 954 yards) questionable - concussion

TE - Julius Thomas - probable..Monte Ball - out Ronnie Hillman - out

Denver will go with 3 undrafted free agent running backs CJ Anderson. Juwan Thompson and Kapri Bibbs..

Broncos are 5-0 at home

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being * but I say Broncos by 14. The Dolphins don't scare me I Think Denver will match up well against them and will respond . Going to be a long day for Tannehill and I think the offense will respond better this week and the Denfense will be wrecking havoc on Tannehill . Worried about next week against a Chiefs team that lost against the Raiders . They'll be out for blood on prime time ..

Sure. But no TDs the last few games and he has just not looked confident most of the season after the rough start.

I think at this point he is vital to that team's success. Manning won't throw deep to anyone else.

What is going on with Demarius? He just does not seem right this season.

There is nothing wrong with DT he's fine it's just that one week one receiver gets more looks than the other . Remember when Emmanuel didn't catch a TD until week 7? As long as DT and Emmanuel are healthy the offense will be fine . The play calling is what will hold this team back.

There is nothing wrong with DT he's fine it's just that one week one receiver gets more looks than the other . Remember when Emmanuel didn't catch a TD until week 7? As long as DT and Emmanuel are healthy the offense will be fine . The play calling is what will hold this team back.

Is that your take on things? The play calling? Does not seem great in that area. It is hard to figure out the real issues especially with the offense. I know Manning is heaping blame on himself and for sure he has to play better but something seems off. Even when Sanders was playing on Sunday and Julius they only had 7 and that was on a broken coverage.

Is that your take on things? The play calling? Does not seem great in that area. It is hard to figure out the real issues especially with the offense. I know Manning is heaping blame on himself and for sure he has to play better but something seems off. Even when Sanders was playing on Sunday and Julius they only had 7 and that was on a broken coverage.

Yes it's the play calling . The coaching staff sucks and the play calling is so predictable that it's disgusting . For whatever reason this teams has trouble adjusting which I don't quite understand because they adjusted well during the 2012 and 2013 seasons . It hurts me to say it but I've said it before I don't think this team will win a ring under coach Fox . He just doesn't have what it takes .

Do you think the play calling has to with Manning's ability to get the ball deep? Or a lack of a run game? I do think the slant routes are tough right now as teams are sitting on them.

In terms of Fox, I have said a lot over the past couple of years that a Manning-led team is the exact opposite of his football philosophy. He is a run, play good defense type of head coach. That is what he did in Carolina and was doing in Denver under Tebow. The aerial show is foreign ground for him and I am not sure he quite knows how to react during games because of it. With Manning, you live and die with his Indy offense and so there really is no plan B. I think that frustrates Fox. Also, they made a BIG mistake not re-signing Moreno and thinking Ball was going to be the guy. That may have hurt them the most offensively in terms of keeping defenses off-balance and the heat off of Manning.

Yeah, they start off vs the Raiders, one of the bottom rushing Ds with a 70-30 pass ratio and get picked off twice on the road. Then, they have a chance to establish the run while ahead 34-10 and still keep throwing with 3 and 4 WRs.

Adam Gase is a HUGE problem, I feel along with their O-line. 78-22 in the SB, they just do not want to stay patient with the run. They don't like to establish rushing to establish play action whatsoever even if run D is a weakness for the team that they are playing. Adam Gase is from the Mike Martz coaching tree and hence I am not surprised. Their coaches cannot seem to get their O-line shuffling right either. Ryan Clady has regressed and all the shuffling is not working.

Their last set of comebacks against teams on the road came in 2012 when they came back vs the Chargers and Bengals on the road in the 4th qtr. and nowadays, if they go down with a deficit on the road, they start going 70-30 or more in favor of the pass very easily and panic. So teams can just tee off on them. I am beginning to wonder if Mike McCoy emphasized the run more and hence got more out of that run O in 2012. Plus, the comebacks generally require an effective defense, not panicking and still controlling tempo with the run, and the O using the run helps the legs of the defense. That was evident in 2012 with McCoy as Denver OC, and with McCoy as SD head coach too.

Excellent post I've mentioned this before as well . Even with the losses in 2012 ( @ Atl, Hou, @ NE) Den had the ability to come back in those games but now it seems like once all goes bad the whole team collapse . It does have a lot to do with Gase and McCoy and I also think they miss Moreno . Moreno gave them a bit of a run game and kept the offense going imo. During the divisional play off game against the Ravens the offense moved the ball effectively until Moreno went down . After they went down the offense couldn't move the ball well and the Ravens stopped all of those dink and dunks and crossing patterns . Moreno played a huge role in Denver's success last season and I don't have faith in any of the other backs on the roster . Which he was re signed .

Do you think the play calling has to with Manning's ability to get the ball deep? Or a lack of a run game? I do think the slant routes are tough right now as teams are sitting on them.

In terms of Fox, I have said a lot over the past couple of years that a Manning-led team is the exact opposite of his football philosophy. He is a run, play good defense type of head coach. That is what he did in Carolina and was doing in Denver under Tebow. The aerial show is foreign ground for him and I am not sure he quite knows how to react during games because of it. With Manning, you live and die with his Indy offense and so there really is no plan B. I think that frustrates Fox. Also, they made a BIG mistake not re-signing Moreno and thinking Ball was going to be the guy. That may have hurt them the most offensively in terms of keeping defenses off-balance and the heat off of Manning.

Manning has thrown deep several times this season but throwing deep isn't the type of offense he runs . I could be wrong but did he throw deep during his Indy years ? Similar to how the Pats run their offense they don't throw deep often . But I agree with you on Fox that he likes to run . We call it Fox ball I hate it ! You hit on the nail with Moreno I think he meant a lot to this offense and should have been re signed . Cutting Prater was another mistake that this team made . I have no faith in McManus

Manning has thrown deep several times this season but throwing deep isn't the type of offense he runs . I could be wrong but did he throw deep during his Indy years ? Similar to how the Pats run their offense they don't throw deep often . But I agree with you on Fox that he likes to run . We call it Fox ball I hate it ! You hit on the nail with Moreno I think he meant a lot to this offense and should have been re signed . Cutting Prater was another mistake that this team made . I have no faith in McManus

Another thing that is overlooked is Peyton does not take ample snaps behind center to sell the run, and is not nimble the same way as he used to be for handoffs to get the ball fast enough to the RB. I saw Brady with his quick play action passes and Peyton is a tad slower while coming off the snap behind center. That is a BIG reason why Gase and Peyton have to establish run plays with Peyton in shotgun with draws and pitches more often than everyone would like to the traditional way, IMO.

It is not something that is asked or discussed about but that small detail is something other teams might be catching on to, this might be holding back their offense at a small level, IMO.

Here it is, in Adam Gase's own words from http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/11/21/7258007/horse-tracks

Offensive coordinator Adam Gase jumped on the accountability train late in the week too, admitting that running the ball more and calling a better game will give the team a better shot, particularly the line and its QB.

The first thing I can do is run the ball more," Gase said about how he could help the O-line. "Last game probably was very telling in that aspect, of giving them more of a chance and allowing those guys to tee off a little bit instead of being on their heels so much. So I'd say that is probably the No. 1 thing."

A close No. 2 would be better plays, and Gase acknowledged as much. "I can call some better plays to make sure we put ourselves in a third-and-manageable [distance]," Gase said, admitting that mixing up plays is not really his strength. "That is probably the hardest thing for me to make sure I'm mixing it up and constantly trying to keep the defensive coordinator guessing so he can't get a read on it."

Orlando Franklin was recently interviewed on radio and he said that Peyton does not change Adam's plays as much. Maybe he needs to, based on this article, from what I am reading.

It's not so much the offensive playcalling that holds Denver back. It's the inability to run worth a dime. The passing game needs to pretty much be flawless all the time. Sound familiar?  A stupid false start at HOME or offensive holding is enough to effectively shoot themselves in the foot, because they can't reliably get more than 10 yards in 3 downs. The dropsies and ducks don't help, either.

Defensively the playcalling is a big problem. It doesn't help that they can't cover when the pass rush doesn't get there. Denver's DBs get flagged all the time and/or fail miserably at coverage. The run D is solid, but teams don't need to run on them.

As a bonus, Denver's  special teams are quite literally the worst in the league in all aspects. That MIGHT be a bit of a problem, too.

Denver's problems, from most significant to least:

-RUN GAME. IT DOESN'T EXIST.

-SPECIAL TEAMS. THEY MAY AS WELL NOT TAKE THE FIELD.

-Gap

-Secondary coverage/coaching/penalties

-HUGE GAP

-Passing game (Good aspect of the team)

-Run defense (Best aspect of the team)

Denver only has two things going for it. That's not going to win you many championships. Expecting Peyton and the run D to drag that "team" to the SB is unrealistic. They're not even as good as they were last season. I don't care who they signed on defense or Sanders. They lost Moreno and he almost single handedly gave them a run attack by running his tail off.

Without Moreno, Denver has lost an entire dimension of the team and their special teams have turned from respectable to a joke over the offseason.

Why do you guys blame the offensive line?

They threw the ball 53 times last week and only scored 7 points.

They have no running game and Peyton Manning refuses to run the ball, that's a historical fact of his career.

Train wreck is eminent for these guys. If Miami plays rough with their receivers and rushes the passer, it's game over like last week.

They have no running game
Peyton Manning refuses to run the ball

With the way Denver is "running", it's a waste of down nearly every time. Why should they run the ball at all?

The line is very good at pass blocking. For some reason they can't run block to save their lives and Denver made its bed with their below average RB's. They can't make something out of nothing.

I laugh at the notion Montee Ball coming back is supposed to somehow fix their run game. He's lucky to even hold on to the damn football. He's their "best" RB and he's frickin' awful.

With the way Denver is "running", it's a waste of down nearly every time. Why should they run the ball at all?

The line is very good at pass blocking. For some reason they can't run block to save their lives and Denver made its bed with their below average RB's. They can't make something out of nothing.

I laugh at the notion Montee Ball coming back is supposed to somehow fix their run game. He's lucky to even hold on to the damn football. He's their "best" RB and he's frickin' awful.

Which might indicate Fox is not really in charge. He's a running coach.

Yes it's the play calling . The coaching staff sucks and the play calling is so predictable that it's disgusting . For whatever reason this teams has trouble adjusting which I don't quite understand because they adjusted well during the 2012 and 2013 seasons . It hurts me to say it but I've said it before I don't think this team will win a ring under coach Fox . He just doesn't have what it takes .

That's not a comment that makes sense either..

Again..from the 'overreaction desk'

3 losses in 2012....3 losses in 2013,.,...3 losses this season..none at home.

They are calling the same plays they didn the last 2 years..same offense..same QB

Fox has little to do with the Broncos losing one of every 5 games..any more than he makes them win 4 of every 5.

When Denver wins,. they were supposed to. When they lose....its the end of an era. Every single time

Why do you guys blame the offensive line?

They threw the ball 53 times last week and only scored 7 points.

They have no running game and Peyton Manning refuses to run the ball, that's a historical fact of his career.

Thats because hes after statistics for when he retires, he can put the stats page next to his bed at night

Yes it's the play calling . The coaching staff sucks and the play calling is so predictable that it's disgusting . For whatever reason this teams has trouble adjusting which I don't quite understand because they adjusted well during the 2012 and 2013 seasons . It hurts me to say it but I've said it before I don't think this team will win a ring under coach Fox . He just doesn't have what it takes .That's not a comment that makes sense either..Again..from the 'overreaction desk'3 losses in 2012....3 losses in 2013,.,...3 losses this season..none at home.They are calling the same plays they didn the last 2 years..same offense..same QBFox has little to do with the Broncos losing one of every 5 games..any more than he makes them win 4 of every 5.When Denver wins,. they were supposed to. When they lose....its the end of an era. Every single time

Denver and NE will both win with offense

I sure hope so. I don't have Peyton in any league but I do have C.J.Anderson in 3 leagues and Sanders & JT in 1 league. However, I have Brady in 2 leagues. To be honest, I don't care if the Patriots win or not, I just want Brady to give me good QB points in a must win FF game :). Just being honest.

I sure hope so. I don't have Peyton in any league but I do have C.J.Anderson in 3 leagues and Sanders & JT in 1 league. However, I have Brady in 2 leagues. To be honest, I don't care if the Patriots win or not, I just want Brady to give me good QB points in a must win FF game :). Just being honest.

I'll raise- special teams :)

Do they do ST in fantasy?