Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts work out Josh Cribbs

B-B

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. If our return blocking can perform well and block for a guy like Cribbs.. Look out. If we did sign him he must have really impressed our coaching staff. He must still have some speed left in that tank of his. I hope.

Demps must've not been impressive cause he has nothing but speed and WS cut him so we'll see with Cribbs

solid fumbles all most costing us 2-3 games by him self,

Do you even watch football he's been solid he hasn't been a game changer but most PR's have made more mistakes than him he get positive yards every kick . He has been the definition of solid .

Do you even watch football he's been solid he hasn't been a game changer but most PR's have made more mistakes than him he get positive yards every kick . He has been the definition of solid .

He is very consistent but will always be on the verge of replacement

I see Griff as a Darwin Barney type

Darwin was/is a very steady defensive minded infielder who was always a prospect away from replacement

Last update I saw (Not on Twitter) stated the following:

Free agent special teamer Josh Cribbs worked out for the Colts on Tuesday.
Now 31, Cribbs hasn't drawn much interest since he was allowed to walk in free agency by the Jets. It doesn't appear as if he's getting a deal in Indy.Nov 11 - 5:46 PM

Last update I saw (Not on Twitter) stated the following:

Free agent special teamer Josh Cribbs worked out for the Colts on Tuesday.

Now 31, Cribbs hasn't drawn much interest since he was allowed to walk in free agency by the Jets. It doesn't appear as if he's getting a deal in Indy.Nov 11 - 5:46 PM

This seems very different from what I have heard from Twitter

I don't think he is going to get signed by the Colts... Pogano was just quoted on twitter saying the workout was "only routine".

I really wish we would have gave Demps a shot. Atleast if not him, Cribbs.

Nothing wrong with Whalen but our return game is a weak spot in our special teams.

Also to everyone saying Hilton or Moncrief should do it..... NO!!!! haha

We can't risk injury with those players. For them to get hurt returning a kick or punt it would hurt the team way to much.

You and your paranoia about injuries.....

If guys like Antonio Brown can return, so can Moncrief.

Injuries are possible. What happens if Antonio Brown gets hurt? Then Steerlers Nation would prolly throw in the towel! Ha Just trying to be honest!

Also...

I'm just trying to keep this forum from blowing up or crashing! ;) (Which would most likely be the case if Hilton or Moncrief were to get injured on a return)

I was advocating early on for Moncrief because I thought it would give him some major experience, but they seem to not want to play him too much as a receiver either. If you won't put him ahead of Nicks at least let him return kicks, Coach Pagano. Then use Whalen as a potential pass catcher on third down.

This seems very different from what I have heard from Twitter

Well what have you heard because I saw what Cribbs said on twitter, I didn't read anything about him hopfully signing with us. All he said was he can't wait to be back in the NFL. Normally we don't let guys get to far away when we are looking to bring them in..No word yet and if we dont hear anything today 9 times out of 10 we wont..

I was advocating early on for Moncrief because I thought it would give him some major experience, but they seem to not want to play him too much as a receiver either. If you won't put him ahead of Nicks at least let him return kicks, Coach Pagano. Then use Whalen as a potential pass catcher on third down.

His role will increase as we get closer to the playoffs, but I would be sick if we made him our returner and he did get hurt. I think by the time we get to the post season Moncrief will be ahead of Nicks..