Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts work out Josh Cribbs

B-B

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to say the least. I remember when this guy was healthy he was always so much fun to watch. I just have very little faith that he's fully healthy. But if he is he still may have something left in the tank.

I commend Grigson for at least looking to try to upgrade our kickoff and punt returners. We brought in Holliday a few weeks ago. If we could get a Darren Sproles type of returner.. Look out!

Who would get cut if we did sign him?

My guess would be Whalen TK. I like the kid, but his presence on special teams doesn't exactly dazzle me. Gotta get better production on punt returns pronto.

If we wanna win Championships, we can't get too attached to a great off the field community leader alone. INDY falls into this trap too often; production matters not sentimentality IMO. 

I like Whalen on offense, but he can kick rocks as far as being the punt and kickoff returner. I just don't like him back there.

Exactly Krunk. I have no qualms with him other than he just isn't best suited on special teams to me. I want other teams to fear our return guy as in quake in their boots. Whalen strikes fear into no one here. 

My guess would be Whalen TK. I like the kid, but his presence on special teams doesn't exactly dazzle me. Gotta get better production on punt returns pronto.

If we wanna win Championships, we can't get too attached to a great off the field community leader alone. INDY falls into this trap too often; production matters not sentimentality IMO.

Just my opinion..... And it's not worth much but I'd rather us cut Nicks and move Whalen to WR duty only if we do sign Cribbs

Just my opinion..... And it's not worth much but I'd rather us cut Nicks and move Whalen to WR duty only if we do sign Cribbs

I'd have no problem cutting Nicks immediately if it meant keeping Whalen in the offensive rotation as fresh hands & feet down the stretch in December along with Moncrief who desperately needs more reps. 

I value your opinion TK. Don't sell yourself short my friend.  ;)

I can't picture Grigs cutting Nicks though since it was only a 1 year deal & once the money has been paid out, GMs usually make WR's earn their contract since releasing Hakeem now gets INDY nothing for their short term investment. 

Sounds like chief foreign correspondent in a war zone hot spot with a drinking problem to me Corgi. I'm sure that he's a decent journalist all kidding aside though. 

haha I could see that for sure. I used to be a news videographer, and reporter names used to crack me up. My favorite was Chip Maxham.

I hope Whalen isn't cut. I'd rather not cut Nicks but that is all based on my hope that he will make a big play rather than his actual contributions thus far.

haha I could see that for sure. I used to be a news videographer, and reporter names used to crack me up. My favorite was Chip Maxham.

Chip Maxham eh? Sounds like Ron Burgundy AKA Anchorman when he just got started on San Diego TV before he grew any facial hair. LOL! That name is definitely a classic corgi. Either that or a cheesy bottle of chick magnet cologne at Walmart Dept. stores just in time for last minute Christmas shoppers. 

It would be cool to hear stores during your travels as a news videographer Corgi.  :P

I wish we could deal with KC for De'Anthony Thomas...Reid is so misusing him and his talents in KC..He's a 4 way threat as a KR/PR/RB/WR. He's faster than TY and just needs a crack to score...Ah but to dream...Put him in occasionally as a RB...and use him for short screens, or little crossing routes, or as a change of pace back in the backfield. He's small, but like TY, tough as nails...Give him like 5-7 touches on Offense and let him handle all the KR/PR duties..We'd have better field position most of the time with him instead of Whalen, though Whalen has done the most he can in return duties, even with his lack of speed.

Exactly Krunk. I have no qualms with him other than he just isn't best suited on special teams to me. I want other teams to fear our return guy as in quake in their boots. Whalen strikes fear into no one here. 

I'm still trying to imagine what things would be like if we would have picked up Devin Hester instead of the Falcons.  I would have loved to have seen that!