Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Davis and maybe Wayne good for Monday

dw49

Colts RCB Vontae Davis (knee) is practicing in full for Week 9.

"He's ready to go," were the words of coach Chuck Pagano on Thursday. It's a major bullet dodged for the Colts, who came absolutely unglued against the pass after Davis was forced from last week's loss to the Steelers. Davis has been one of the league's very best corners this season.

Oct 30 - 1:40 PM

Speaking after Thursday's practice, Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Reggie Wayne (elbow) could have suited up, but was given a day of rest.

It sounds like the Colts tentatively expect Wayne back for Monday's game against the Giants, but what he's able to do on Friday will be key. Wayne will slot in as a mid-range WR3 if he can return after missing Week 8. His status will be updated some time in the next 24 hours.

Oct 30 

Good stuff!

Need Vontae back, but not so much for Reggie.  I just think Nicks is going to be at his best against his old squad and

Luck will be feeding him a lot.  Hopefully Reggie can get a few snaps just so he can get his 3 catches, but Nicks can fill in

for him after that.  Hasn' t happened thus far, but it could this one.

Absolutely unglued is a good way (unfortunately) to put it. 

Glad to hear Davis and Wayne are back. 

Dear Manusky,  

Next time 1 CB goes down, and you have the bright idea to shuffle all the CB's to completely different positions all over the field......

Don't. 

Just replace the person that went down and leave everyone else where they are supposed to be. 

Sincerely, 

Someone with a brain.  

Good stuff!

Need Vontae back, but not so much for Reggie. I just think Nicks is going to be at his best against his old squad and

Luck will be feeding him a lot. Hopefully Reggie can get a few snaps just so he can get his 3 catches, but Nicks can fill in

for him after that. Hasn' t happened thus far, but it could this one.

If it takes Nicks playing his old team in week 9 to finally show up then he really isn't worth % to me. The guy needs to show up every week regardless of the opponent.

If it takes Nicks playing his old team in week 9 to finally show up then he really isn't worth % to me. The guy needs to show up every week regardless of the opponent.

No argument from me on that, but if there is any one point in the season that he would have any resemblance of a "breakout game" I look for this to be it.

He had the taunting penalty in the  pre-season matchup, so he definitely gets pumped when playing against his old squad.

Absolutely unglued is a good way (unfortunately) to put it. 

Glad to hear Davis and Wayne are back. 

Dear Manusky,  

Next time 1 CB goes down, and you have the bright idea to shuffle all the CB's to completely different positions all over the field......

Don't. 

Just replace the person that went down and leave everyone else where they are supposed to be. 

Sincerely, 

Someone with a brain.  

I don't pay close enough attention but if he did indeed do this, then he definitely is the Straw Man from Oz.