Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kelvin Benjamin claims he tanked the 40 to play for Panthers

Valpo2004

Im certainly buying players tank in the hopes they fall to a good team......and to be honest I don't blame them....If Im a WR and I know the Jags need them but have a young QB then you better believe Im tankin to give them reason to doubt me........The problem is it don't necessarily guarantee anything but it has worked before no doubt.....and did I mention the Panthers are just 3-4 and 1 this year?......The question I have is this........Is he really stupid enough to say it in the middle of the regular season when your team is trying to make a playoff push?

Re-watching his 40 Mayock did say he ran it with ease and that's what it looked like.....I tend to believe Benjamin could run that 40 a bit faster based on the energy he appeared to exert running that 40.......But 4.41? Come on man...At least give a realistic number :funny:

I don't buy it.  Players with slow 40s have been taken early before (ie. Joe Haden), and the draft is too difficult to predict to be able to do something like this, in my opinion.  How does he know that the Panthers would have taken him?

Well Panthers where pretty much guaranteed to take the best WR available.  But the better question is how does he know he's seen as the best receiver available when the Panther's pick??