Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy fans should be pulling for the Pats next weekend

GoPats

The Colts have lost to Denver already. They are two games behind them in the loss column, so really three games back.

Meanwhile, Indy is one game behind NE, with a head-to-head match-up coming at Lucas in another three weeks.

Point is, if you're a Colts fan, you should be rooting for the Patriots next weekend. It will be much more beneficial from Indy's standpoint if Denver takes another loss. The Colts would then have a chance to knock off NE.

Strategically, it's hard to argue it any other way, unless home-field advantage in the playoffs isn't important to you. (And if it's not, I hope you've enjoyed watching your first full season of NFL football.)

We will welcome all newcomers aboard. All that said... my bet is that most of you are wearing orange on Sunday afternoon!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to see good football....unlike the Colts/Steelers game. :)

And another note....you know I respect you GoPats...but you can NEVER think a Colts fan ever wants to see the Pats beat Peyton... :spit:

Good points!!!   :)

It must be pretty conflicting...

I mean, clearly the best thing for the Colts would be for Denver to take another loss. Anything can happen from here on out. If the Colts are the top seed for the playoffs don't you feel better about their chances of getting to the big show? 

Denver. While yesterday the Patriots dismantled the Bears, Denver took it to San Diego as much.

Bears will be lucky to make .500 while San Diego will be in the playoffs.

And I agree. 

Which is why I would contend that the last thing any of us should want is Denver getting the #1 seed.

I just want to see good football....unlike the Colts/Steelers game. :)

And another note....you know I respect you GoPats...but you can NEVER think a Colts fan ever wants to see the Pats beat Peyton... :spit:

Good points!!!  :)

It helps the Colts.....I hope they whip manning and the broncos.

Question.

Who do you fear more...Denver or New England?

the pats. In two games versus the pats in foxborough luck has thrown 7 ints and we've got next to no pressure on brady. There are rumors that they may even trade for vincent jackson which would make them even more dangerous.

I don't know who I'd rather face in the postseason.. Denver or New England.

Which is the lesser of the two evils, again? They're both looking more and more complete as each other.

Anyone but the Chargers, please.

We need Pats at 3 seed and pittsburgh to beat them in wc. We need Chargers to beat ravens in wc (4)v(5). then us give baltimore the work and pittsburgh to give denver the work and us to show pittsburgh who's boss

I will be rooting for the Pats to beat the Horsefaces. (I really don't like John Elway) I don't care who it is playing if it will help us have homefield I'm all in.

Peyton hasn't been a Colt for 3 years now so no loyalty to him or that organization.

But I hate the Pats!!!

It's a tough one!

Reminds me of a few years ago when we Patriots fans had our nightmare AFC Championship game matchup in Colts vs Jets. Patriots fan's were collectively rooting for the speed blue that night!

Sorry. I don't hate New England or Tom or any of them...but NOBODY fares well in the playoffs in New England....especially us. I would rather go through Denver than New England any day. I honestly don't think this team can win the #1 seed....we are more likely to get the #2 seed and the best chance for us is if NE loses in case we can't beat them next week. Also I'm a Peyton Manning fan and while I already know he will struggle next week against a stout passing defense I still enjoy watching him play. I like all the calls at the line of scrimmage...and all he does in that offense so I will be rooting for him. Sorry..there are times I root for NE but next week won't be one. We don't want to play through the cold/wind in the playoffs....Brady is too good and Bill is rounding that defense into shape. I've said it all season but Denver and NE are the two best teams in the division....and if we are to get a bye its more likely to get past NE now that we have already behind Denver.

We can beat Denver in Indy but not in Mile High. If we are healthy.

The Pats we will see how that shakes out in a couple weeks. I think we can hang 40 on them in Indy but not in Foxborough.

I like our  odds against any team at LOS.

we have ZERO shot in foxborough i'd like to go into denver. Someone has to do the colts dirty work for them

I think we have a team that can compete anywhere....that said with where we sit now I would prefer to get a bye (we will probably need it to get healthy) and play at home...we are already two games back of Den and they have the tie breaker. With everyone likely losing a game or two still to go we have the best chance to leap frog NE....and honestly its a long shot to win in Denver I think we fair better there than NE.....who is like what....42-3 in the last 4 years at home or something???? I mean come on....I'd rather play in Seattle.

it took manning more then three years

Maybe it only takes Luck two! (He's played the Patriots twice, right?) 

LOL, I hear you. I was just checking the standings this morning and thought, "Man what a dilemma for Indy fans this weekend." As the thread shows there's no clear-cut way to go with this. You want to shoot for home-field and that bye.  

It took Manning a little time to break through in Foxboro... 

I'm sure that, given some chances, Luck will also. 

I agree Luck will work it out....maybe in a couple weeks who knows...one thing I've noticed is that he still struggles a bit with these "defensive gurus". Teams like SD, NE, Pitt who show tons of different looks and do some exotic things have proven to fool him. It isn't that he isn't tough..super talented...and smart enough to beat them...he is...but guys like Pagano, Lebeau, and Belichek just have a huge experience advantage over a young qb....I'm sure if you look at their records they will attest that they thrive on young qbs...but once someone has seen their schemes over and over again...eventually break the codes etc...and it becomes more of a level playing field. I like Lucks chances against Del Rio than Belicheck.

I agree Luck will work it out....maybe in a couple weeks who knows...one thing I've noticed is that he still struggles a bit with these "defensive gurus". Teams like SD, NE, Pitt who show tons of different looks and do some exotic things have proven to fool him. It isn't that he isn't tough..super talented...and smart enough to beat them...he is...but guys like Pagano, Lebeau, and Belichek just have a huge experience advantage over a young qb....I'm sure if you look at their records they will attest that they thrive on young qbs...but once someone has seen their schemes over and over again...eventually break the codes etc...and it becomes more of a level playing field. I like Lucks chances against Del Rio than Belicheck.

Luck just needs experience. He's so polished that it's easy to forget sometimes that he's so young. In the early years, Belichick mostly made Manning look like a middle-of-the-road QB at best. Eventually Peyton was able to come back and get the better of the Patriots.

Maybe it only takes Luck two! (He's played the Patriots twice, right?)

LOL, I hear you. I was just checking the standings this morning and thought, "Man what a dilemma for Indy fans this weekend." As the thread shows there's no clear-cut way to go with this. You want to shoot for home-field and that bye.

It's not really a dilemna at all.

As dgambill said, it's more likely that we finish with the 2 seed than the 1 seed, no matter what happens with the Patriots. We're already three games back of the Broncos, and they don't look interested in losing three games. If the Pats lose to the Broncos, and then we handle the Pats, it strengthens our chances at the 2 seed. If the Pats beat the Broncos, it weakens our chances. Pats record, common opponent tie breaker, AFC record, etc.

Second, I personally am a Peyton Manning fan. I will never root for him to lose to the Patriots. The only time I'm conflicted on this is in the days leading up to a game against the Colts, but once the game starts, I'm all about the Colts winning. (I'm surprised by how clear my feelings are during the game.) So if the Broncos beating the Patriots means the Colts can't get the 1 seed, so be it.

Third, Foxboro in January is harsher than Denver in January, and Brady in cold weather is tougher to beat than Manning in cold weather.

I'll take Broncos over Pats and a first round bye for the Colts, even if that relegates the Colts to the 2 seed. It's not even a hard choice, personally.

It's not really a dilemna at all.

As dgambill said, it's more likely that we finish with the 2 seed than the 1 seed, no matter what happens with the Patriots. We're already three games back of the Broncos, and they don't look interested in losing three games. If the Pats lose to the Broncos, and then we handle the Pats, it strengthens our chances at the 2 seed. If the Pats beat the Broncos, it weakens our chances. Pats record, common opponent tie breaker, AFC record, etc.

Second, I personally am a Peyton Manning fan. I will never root for him to lose to the Patriots. The only time I'm conflicted on this is in the days leading up to a game against the Colts, but once the game starts, I'm all about the Colts winning. (I'm surprised by how clear my feelings are during the game.) So if the Broncos beating the Patriots means the Colts can't get the 1 seed, so be it.

Third, Foxboro in January is harsher than Denver in January, and Brady in cold weather is tougher to beat than Manning in cold weather.

I'll take Broncos over Pats and a first round bye for the Colts, even if that relegates the Colts to the 2 seed. It's not even a hard choice, personally.

Well said. My sentiments exactly.....and I think everyone here would agree that NE at home in January even if they aren't the best are almost impossible to beat. We can do it...but there is something there...like the Boston Garden...its home field advantage at its finest. There is a reason they have the best home record like of the past decade and even more importantly last few years...they are just as good as Denver and they excel in the elements. Can't argue Peyton or Tom if the weather is bad I'd rather face Peyton....Denver is a rukus but it doesn't scare teams like Foxboro.