Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae's Injury

COLTS449

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest monster in Colts 

Pitt did us a favor I new last week was a mirage that linebacker Grigson picked up Jackson could not cover my grandmother he is one of the many great defensive players he wasted money on Landry, Toler, the list goes on and on. Feel sorry for Luck he will waste his career with Pagano and Grigson in charge

Knee sprains are ligament damage (tears).  All knee sprains are classified according to a grading system:

• Grade I (mild) — This injury stretches the ligament, which causes microscopic tears in the ligament. These tiny tears don't significantly affect the overall ability of the knee joint to support your weight.
  • Grade II (moderate) — The ligament is partially torn, and there is some mild to moderate instability (or periodic giving out) of the knee while standing or walking.
  • Grade III (severe) — The ligament is torn completely or separated at its end from the bone, and the knee is more unstable.

I'm not sure what leve Davis injury is, but I expect a Grade I he would have been back in.  Grade 3 and we'd be talking IR, so I have a feeling he has a Grade II sprain. partially ligament(s).  Not sure which ligaments, as there are 4.  ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL.  Could be more tha 1 involved too.  We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not sure what leve Davis injury is, but I expect a Grade I he would have been back in.  Grade 3 and we'd be talking IR, so I have a feeling he has a Grade II sprain. partially ligament(s).  Not sure which ligaments, as there are 4.  ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL.  Could be more tha 1 involved too.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Just curious, are you in medicine at all?   As someone who is, I am curious what you are basing your grading of his injury and your estimated return for him based on that injury.  

All I know is with how much the defense fell off without him from the Bengals game to today he is the MVP of the league...

Okay that's over the top a bit as the d was clearly not the same before he went out but if anyone ever questions the amount of money he was given in the offense they should be made to rewatch today's game.

Pitt did us a favor I new last week was a mirage that linebacker Grigson picked up Jackson could not cover my grandmother he is one of the many great defensive players he wasted money on Landry, Toler, the list goes on and on. Feel sorry for Luck he will waste his career with Pagano and Grigson in charge

Gee....   holding this inside the last 5 weeks must have really been eating away at you.

You must feel so good to be able to vent like that and let it all out.     You pretty much threw-up all over your computer screen.

And if Luck is wasting his career with Pagano and Grigson,  you must be wasting your fan life supporting this wretched organization.      I assume you'll be leaving soon?      I'm sure someone here will be missing you......

It just won't be me......

I hope he can play next week or we will make Eli look like Peyton. Vontae makes the whole defense click and without that you get what you got today.

That's a problem. A cornerback shouldn't be the cornerstone of your defense. It's fine if he's your best player, but good pass defense starts with a strong, consistent pass rush. We had been doing pretty good there, but not against Pittsburgh.

That's a problem. A cornerback shouldn't be the cornerstone of your defense. It's fine if he's your best player, but good pass defense starts with a strong, consistent pass rush. We had been doing pretty good there, but not against Pittsburgh.

Can't out blitz blitzburgh. LeBeau wrote the book on using the blitz to create pressure, and the Steelers picked up on every single blitz we threw at them.

You're right we need some more playmakers on defense. Last year it was do or die with Mathis and this year its Davis. 

Aren't you just a basket of sunshine.

Toler did everything he could out there today. Losing Davis is detrimental to the defense. 

As for Pagano and Grigson- I don't agree with some of their moves, but they are a combined 27-12 through 3 years so far. I think that gives them the benefit of the doubt here.

The Colts played like junk tonight, we get that- but I don't think the best way to handle a loss is to go off the deep end. Only one team has ever won every game and that hasn't happened in over 40 years. Not to mention the Steelers beat us at our own game when our roster was riddled with injuries.

Even still, Moncrief had his first career 100 yard game and touchdown, and he's looking more and more like a stud with every play. The Colts also put up 34 points in probably the worst game we will have to watch all year. 

Just curious, are you in medicine at all?   As someone who is, I am curious what you are basing your grading of his injury and your estimated return for him based on that injury.  

36 years in Healthcare industry.  But these are opinions, of my own and represent nobody else, off the wall guess as a fan of the game of football.  I wasn't there, didn't see the play he injured it on, didn't have him explain to me what happened or what he felt, and wasn't present for the evaluation.  There are cases of players sustaining a knee injury, and they return to the game, then we have the others where they do  not.  Supposedly, Vontae's knee collided with an opponent in the first quarter, on a tackle in run support. He was helped off the field, but then tried to walk it off.   But he couldn't get it to cooperate to allow him back into the game.  So others were assuming he had  a sprain to go with it.  And the grades of ligament injury are known and can be looked up by anybody.

Vontae was listed probable for return at first, then a bit later downgraded as questionable.  Finally he was ruled out at some point in the second quarter.  So until we get an explanation from the club, it's all guesswork. But it isn't apparently serious, but not just a bump on the 'ole kneebone either. So I have no estimated time frame for return. I just hope it is soon, but at full strength.

As far as knee sprain grading, it is available to anyone knowing how to use a search engine- from WebMD to even a pediatric hospital in New York-

http://pediatrics.med.nyu.edu/conditions-we-treat/conditions/knee-sprain

Gee....   holding this inside the last 5 weeks must have really been eating away at you.

You must feel so good to be able to vent like that and let it all out.     You pretty much threw-up all over your computer screen.

And if Luck is wasting his career with Pagano and Grigson,  you must be wasting your fan life supporting this wretched organization.      I assume you'll be leaving soon?      I'm sure someone here will be missing you......

It just won't be me......

Your missing me already lol 

Toler did everything he could out there today. Losing Davis is detrimental to the defense. 

As for Pagano and Grigson- I don't agree with some of their moves, but they are a combined 27-12 through 3 years so far. I think that gives them the benefit of the doubt here.

The Colts played like junk tonight, we get that- but I don't think the best way to handle a loss is to go off the deep end. Only one team has ever won every game and that hasn't happened in over 40 years. Not to mention the Steelers beat us at our own game when our roster was riddled with injuries.

Even still, Moncrief had his first career 100 yard game and touchdown, and he's looking more and more like a stud with every play. The Colts also put up 34 points in probably the worst game we will have to watch all year. 

I will agree on Moncrief  and if where not for Luck we would not be 27-12 the Steelers exposed how bad our D and coaching staff are 

I agree about Moncrief having a great game. Congratulations! Too bad this is a team sport, not an individual one.

Completely ridiculous.  Where was this comment last week or for the past 5 weeks?

36 years in Healthcare industry.  But these are opinions, of my own and represent nobody else, off the wall guess as a fan of the game of football.  I wasn't there, didn't see the play he injured it on, didn't have him explain to me what happened or what he felt, and wasn't present for the evaluation.  There are cases of players sustaining a knee injury, and they return to the game, then we have the others where they do  not.  Supposedly, Vontae's knee collided with an opponent in the first quarter, on a tackle in run support. He was helped off the field, but then tried to walk it off.   But he couldn't get it to cooperate to allow him back into the game.  So others were assuming he had  a sprain to go with it.  And the grades of ligament injury are known and can be looked up by anybody.

Vontae was listed probable for return at first, then a bit later downgraded as questionable.  Finally he was ruled out at some point in the second quarter.  So until we get an explanation from the club, it's all guesswork. But it isn't apparently serious, but not just a bump on the 'ole kneebone either. So I have no estimated time frame for return. I just hope it is soon, but at full strength.

As far as knee sprain grading, it is available to anyone knowing how to use a search engine- from WebMD to even a pediatric hospital in New York-

http://pediatrics.med.nyu.edu/conditions-we-treat/conditions/knee-sprain

Ahh the good old grading system, I became au fait with it during a grade 2 LCL :P 

Completely ridiculous.  Where was this comment last week or for the past 5 weeks?

I have said this many times last year and before these 5 games against the mighty Titan's, Jag's Texan's Bengal's and Raven's the best of them.Go Colts always love them but reality is reality 

You must be kidding - they went from a 2-14 team to 27-12 with 2 playoff appearances on  a whole new roster.  We have only ever lost consecutive games once in the Grigs-Pagano era -- our team with make the proper adjustments, beat NY next week then rest up over the bye and hopefully come back fully healthy to play New England.  If we beat N.E. we should be in the driver's seat for #2 ranking and a first round bye going into the playoffs.

Knee sprains are ligament damage (tears).  All knee sprains are classified according to a grading system:

• Grade I (mild) — This injury stretches the ligament, which causes microscopic tears in the ligament. These tiny tears don't significantly affect the overall ability of the knee joint to support your weight.
  • Grade II (moderate) — The ligament is partially torn, and there is some mild to moderate instability (or periodic giving out) of the knee while standing or walking.
  • Grade III (severe) — The ligament is torn completely or separated at its end from the bone, and the knee is more unstable.

The fact that they thought he was probable to return right off the bat is good news to me.  Obviously, not happy to see he didn't return, but if it was really serious, I think they would have known and ruled him out right away or took him to hospital mid-game.  They may have saw the nature of this game and thought it was to physical/risky to put Vontae back in. 

We are playing NYG next week, who are hit or miss.  Eli and the offense can sometimes get rolling, but they aren't exactly a very good team.  They've got the rookie Odell Beckham Jr. who has been playing well but are missing Cruz and are not very deep at WR after Beckham.  Then we have a bye before playing New England. If Vontae isn't 100% next week, I would be fine seeing us keep him rested so he's back at 100% coming off the bye.

What mean? 

thumb.jpg

You must be kidding - they went from a 2-14 team to 27-12 with 2 playoff appearances on  a whole new roster.  We have only ever lost consecutive games once in the Grigs-Pagano era -- our team with make the proper adjustments, beat NY next week then rest up over the bye and hopefully come back fully healthy to play New England.  If we beat N.E. we should be in the driver's seat for #2 ranking and a first round bye going into the playoffs.

The fact that they thought he was probable to return right off the bat is good news to me.  Obviously, not happy to see he didn't return, but if it was really serious, I think they would have known and ruled him out right away or took him to hospital mid-game.  They may have saw the nature of this game and thought it was to physical/risky to put Vontae back in. 

We are playing NYG next week, who are hit or miss.  Eli and the offense can sometimes get rolling, but they aren't exactly a very good team.  They've got the rookie Odell Beckham Jr. who has been playing well but are missing Cruz and are not very deep at WR after Beckham.  Then we have a bye before playing New England. If Vontae isn't 100% next week, I would be fine seeing us keep him rested so he's back at 100% coming off the bye.

I agree.  Yes, he went from probable to questionable.  Then in 2nd quarter they said no go rest of the day.  I hope we can go vs Giants without him and survive with a win.  We need him (and an effectively good pass rush scheme) against Brady and the Patriots.  Or it will be another laugher they plant on us.