Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts starting to get some repsect

akcolt

They are one of  the TV games in Alaska tomorrow. That hasn't happened since Manning left unless it was a Monday/Sunday/Thursday night game we didn't get them.

I think it helped that Denver played on Thursday. I will take it. I can finally watch from the comforts of my own house on the big TV no stupid computer streaming or waiting to watch on NFL rewind.  

If there are any posters in AK on the board I would be glad to meet anyone at the bar for games not aired up here. I know 9am at the bar is a pain especially when it's cold and we rarely play the noon game.

They are one of the TV games in Alaska tomorrow. That hasn't happened since Manning left unless it was a Monday/Sunday/Thursday night game we didn't get them.

I think it helped that Denver played on Thursday. I will take it. I can finally watch from the comforts of my own house on the big TV no stupid computer streaming or waiting to watch on NFL rewind.

If there are any posters in AK on the board I would be glad to meet anyone at the bar for games not aired up here. I know 9am at the bar is a pain especially when it's cold and we rarely play the noon game.

Somewhere right now...... Aretha Franklin is crying over your Thread Title

:Cry:

:lol:

you could just buy sunday ticket.

It's not like the lower 48. Dish network is the only way to get Sunday Ticket you can't get it thru regular cable. I had dish network for a minute it but the weather effects not only Sunday ticket but your entire tv channels so WE went with GCI cable no option for Sunday Ticket. Those are the 2 choices. If it were just me I would have rolled the dice and went Dish and took my chances since I really don't watch much tv unless it is sports or The Walking Dead. Although I am not sure about Big Ten network on Dish. It is a mess.

I do have NFL rewind which is a great deal. You can watch a condensed game in 30 minutes. So I eventually get to see the games as often as I like. I get up and go to the bar at 9 am for most games which isn't so bad until it gets real cold.

It wasn't a problem back in the Manning days. We almost always had the Colts games. I have noticed that we are getting more and more games this year.

It's not like the lower 48. Dish network is the only way to get Sunday Ticket you can't get it thru regular cable. I had dish network for a minute it but the weather effects not only Sunday ticket but your entire tv channels so WE went with GCI cable no option for Sunday Ticket. Those are the 2 choices. If it were just me I would have rolled the dice and went Dish and took my chances since I really don't watch much tv unless it is sports or The Walking Dead. Although I am not sure about Big Ten network on Dish. It is a mess.

I do have NFL rewind which is a great deal. You can watch a condensed game in 30 minutes. So I eventually get to see the games as often as I like. I get up and go to the bar at 9 am for most games which isn't so bad until it gets real cold.

It wasn't a problem back in the Manning days. We almost always had the Colts games. I have noticed that we are getting more and more games this year.

Great post. Unfortunately some people don't understand what happens outside of their own town.

Hope you find a fellow Colts fan up there in Cold Town. What part of Alaska are you from?

Great post. Unfortunately some people don't understand what happens outside of their own town.

Hope you find a fellow Colts fan up there in Cold Town. What part of Alaska are you from?

I am in Anchorage. The big city.  I saw I guy posting on here from AK but didn't get his name thought this post might get his attention. It would be cool to have a little Colts Club. There are a lot of Vikings, Packers, NE and of course the adopted hometown team Seahawk fans. They all have their bars they meet at for games. The Seahawks are really the team that people born up here support.

I have the perfect spot Pipers good food not a lot of people Sierra Nevada on tap. I am not sure too many folks know it has a sports bar. It is mainly a used for the guys who work up on the pipeline. I just need to organize the fans. There are more than a handful of us up here. The games start at 9 then noon and the late game is 4:30 so you have to be pretty dedicated to get up and go to the 9 am games.  Which most of the Colts games are. I was pleasantly surprised the Steelers game was a late start.

They are one of  the TV games in Alaska tomorrow. That hasn't happened since Manning left unless it was a Monday/Sunday/Thursday night game we didn't get them.

I think it helped that Denver played on Thursday. I will take it. I can finally watch from the comforts of my own house on the big TV no stupid computer streaming or waiting to watch on NFL rewind.  

I live in New York and I do have the Sunday Ticket on Direct TV - surprisingly - both the Bengals Game and today's Steeler game are on regular network CBS! Very rare to see the Colts on network here.

I agree with the original poster - the Colts are starting to get some respect! Part of it is that the Jets/Bills play at 1PM and the Giants have a bye - but I would have thought the Eagles Cardinals would be the local CBS game.

Also, it seemed like every time I switched on the radio or the TV to a sports channel and the subject of the Colts came up - all they did was praise the team and Andrew and the defense and talk about how we are "for real".

Heard a couple of places that it's now down to the Colts/Broncos for the AFC, which is probably a little premature to me - but that is the rap.

I lived in Alaska for a couple years and used DirecTV which worked fine.

I lived in the DFW area from 08-12. The first 2yrs it was like the Colts were the AFC favorite son, as nearly every game was on local. During the Curtis Painter season I had to go to the bar at noon to see the game, and often times left by halftime. Cant imagine having to go at 9am.

In addition to being born in Anchorage, I was based there for a year or two with the airline I fly for.  Love the area, but I don't think I could live there if I couldn't watch the Colts every week.  I suppose I could move back to the lower 48 during football season....

I remember the first time I was in Anchorage as an adult, (we lived in Bethel, but moved when I was two) walking down a street from the hotel to a grocery store, passing a moose walking in the opposite direction.  I didn't know if I should run for cover, hop over a fence, or what....but the moose just passed me by with a little nod.  Very surreal.

They have it now where you can get in on PlayStation 3 & 4 & your Tablet or Mobile Device

But still, not everyone has those either

But at least you don't have to have DirecTV to have it

yeah but isn't that like 450 bucks or some assinine amount lol. My wife would Kill me if I spent that much for football coverage haha

It's not like the lower 48. Dish network is the only way to get Sunday Ticket you can't get it thru regular cable. I had dish network for a minute it but the weather effects not only Sunday ticket but your entire tv channels so WE went with GCI cable no option for Sunday Ticket. Those are the 2 choices. If it were just me I would have rolled the dice and went Dish and took my chances since I really don't watch much tv unless it is sports or The Walking Dead. Although I am not sure about Big Ten network on Dish. It is a mess.

I do have NFL rewind which is a great deal. You can watch a condensed game in 30 minutes. So I eventually get to see the games as often as I like. I get up and go to the bar at 9 am for most games which isn't so bad until it gets real cold.

Have your tried NFL Redzone? Not sure if your provider carries it but I know Dish and Cable both do. I actually liked to use that for all the games before I got Sunday Ticket. Plus Redzone is a lot less expensive.

yeah but isn't that like 450 bucks or some assinine amount lol. My wife would Kill me if I spent that much for football coverage haha

I'm tryna tell you. Stuff crazy man. I just don't understand why the NFL can't be like College Football. It's like 6 games on at once over

ESPN

ABC

CBS

Fox

How can college do it but not a multi-billion dollar organization?

I'm tryna tell you. Stuff crazy man. I just don't understand why the NFL can't be like College Football. It's like 6 games on at once over

ESPN

ABC

CBS

Fox

Or more like MLB.tv or the NHL package. You can basically pay month-to-month for all out of market games. MLB.tv was 24.99/mo or something like that last I subscribed to it. Its not perfect, there are some wonky rules when your team is playing too close to "in market" teams, but its better than $400+ for the NFL ticket. I just cant understand why the NFL is tied in exclusively with DirectTV. I cant imagine they wouldnt get an even bigger paying audience with, more or less, pay per view subscription.

ESPN

ABC

CBS

Fox

In college, each conference has their own deal with a different network... Also anymore each conference has their own channel 

In college, each conference has their own deal with a different network... Also anymore each conference has their own channel

Pretty sure the NFL could afford that

CBS & ESPN for AFC

FOX & ABC for NFC

Then the NBC Sunday Night Football

Etc etc

It can happen, they just don't want it to