Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stanley havili?

twfish

Havili provides depth and he's always been an excellent Special Teams player.

This board has an obsession with wanting to cut guys in favor of the "flavor" of the month.

Why keep him if there is another player out performing what he ever did? Plus he would take a spot from someone else who could contribute elsewhere

We sort of have an injury safety net with Havili and Xavier Nixon for what, one or two more weeks until we have to make a move?

Clown school is back in session.

Our run game has to be diverse because our O-Lineman get little push. Our TE`s & HB/FB MAKE our ground game work.

We loose Allen or Doyle at Playoff time and we will be introuble.

They may cut, trade, keep Havili, it is a tough call. He could be a Solid asset come Playoff time.

And there is plenty of ball to play for injuries to mount up. lol Grigson.

I like the guy, but Doyle is the better options. I don't think a pure FB is necessary in this day and age.

Allen and Doyle can do everything be need in the backfield aswell as playing on the end of the line so it's a no brainer for me.

Right. One or both could be gone come Playoff time. Who would be your next man up for the FB/HB that is Clearly very important to our run game?

We sort of have an injury safety net with Havili and Xavier Nixon for what, one or two more weeks until we have to make a move?

We don't have to make a move at all, really. We only have to activate or IR a PUP or IR/Return guy once they start practicing. Other than that, they can stay on PUP or IR/Return for a while. 

Just what we need: depth at fullback.

Well, first of all, he's not a pure fullback.  He's a fullback/H-back hybrid (similar to Doyle).

In case you haven't noticed, we have been utilizing a lot of three TE sets, H-back sets, and fullback sets (with Doyle as the third TE, the H-back, and the fullback).

Second, Doyle might not play this Sunday.  If Havili was healthy, he could've plugged right into that role. 

Why keep him if there is another player out performing what he ever did? Plus he would take a spot from someone else who could contribute elsewhere

Because of injuries.  As I mentioned above, Doyle could be out this weekend and we've been utilizing him quite a bit in a variety of roles. 

Who would contribute elsewhere? 

Finally, he is a great ST player.  He always has been.  ST is just as important as offense and defense.  If he can contribute to ST as significantly as Hilton contributes to the offense, he's worth having on the roster.

Clown school is back in session.

Our run game has to be diverse because our O-Lineman get little push. Our TE`s & HB/FB MAKE our ground game work.

We loose Allen or Doyle at Playoff time and we will be introuble.

They may cut, trade, keep Havili, it is a tough call. He could be a Solid asset come Playoff time.

And there is plenty of ball to play for injuries to mount up. lol Grigson.

Clown School? Really? Al least I know the difference between "loose" and "lose" Zippy.

Right. One or both could be gone come Playoff time. Who would be your next man up for the FB/HB that is Clearly very important to our run game?

Good lord. If we lose both Allen and Doyle we have much bigger problems than not having Havili to fill in at FB. And as Dustin said, we'd most likely be able to just re-sign Havili because who the hell is going to pick him up?

Reuland on the PS could do what Doyle does better than Havili based on what I've seen (though Havili would no doubt get the nod ahead of Reuland due to knowledge and experience). I don't think Havili has a role anymore and he has no PS eligibility.He's really relying on injuries at this point. Personally, I think Nixon has a better chance of coming back on the roster than Havili.