Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who to 'support'?

Not sure if 'support' is the right word in America, perhaps 'root for' is a better term?

Having been watching the Colts and Football in general for 8 years now, I've finally gotten into College Football. I don't have a team as of yet, so who should I support and why?

Pitches below please!  :D

I have two favorite teams, Oklahoma, and Oregon. I have and always will be an Oklahoma fan first, but the past few years, living on the west coast, I see a lot of Pac 12 games. If you want to watch a wide open offense, with one of the best QB's in college football, watch Oregon, and Marcus Mariota. I think this kid is going to be a superstar in the NFL in a few years.Right now, he's one of the top candidates for the Heisman Trophy as the nation's #1 player..He's big, extremely fast, has great accuracy and touch, and is poised well beyond his years. Plus, he's a very nice and humble person, a great role model for kids, who puts his family and education above everything else. I have his current stats below. He started as a red-shirt freshamn, and is Oregon's all time leader in passing and just past Andrew Luck for 4th place all time in TD's in only 2 and a half years..

I also, as PT said I am a player based fan as well..If I see a great player, I tend to gravitate to watching them perform. I like the college game more than the pro's sometimes, because most of the college kids are trying to make the pro's so they tend to play harder. I've watched some Notre Dame games this year, to see the QB Golson, some Georgia games to watch Todd Gurley, (before he got suspended). Oklahoma has a great WR in Sterling Shepard, (the son of a former OU WR) who died at a very young age, and he wears his dad's number...

I just love watching good games, so usually if you see two top 25 teams playing each other...then those are the ones to watch..

Its all personal choice, but I highly recommend you watch the Oregon/Stanford game this weekend. Stanford always gives Oregon fits, and is usually a very close and competitive game.

I have two favorite teams, Oklahoma, and Oregon. I have and always will be an Oklahoma fan first, but the past few years, living on the west coast, I see a lot of Pac 12 games. If you want to watch a wide open offense, with one of the best QB's in college football, watch Oregon, and Marcus Mariota. I think this kid is going to be a superstar in the NFL in a few years.Right now, he's one of the top candidates for the Heisman Trophy as the nation's #1 player..He's big, extremely fast, has great accuracy and touch, and is poised well beyond his years. Plus, he's a very nice and humble person, a great role model for kids, who puts his family and education above everything else. I have his current stats below. He started as a red-shirt freshamn, and is Oregon's all time leader in passing and just past Andrew Luck for 4th place all time in TD's in only 2 and a half years..

I also, as PT said I am a player based fan as well..If I see a great player, I tend to gravitate to watching them perform. I like the college game more than the pro's sometimes, because most of the college kids are trying to make the pro's so they tend to play harder. I've watched some Notre Dame games this year, to see the QB Golson, some Georgia games to watch Todd Gurley, (before he got suspended). Oklahoma has a great WR in Sterling Shepard, (the son of a former OU WR) who died at a very young age, and he wears his dad's number...

I just love watching good games, so usually if you see two top 25 teams playing each other...then those are the ones to watch..

Its all personal choice, but I highly recommend you watch the Oregon/Stanford game this weekend. Stanford always gives Oregon fits, and is usually a very close and competitive game.

Oregon actually were my choice due to having family connections in Eugene! 

Looks like I'll settle with them, although isn't there a lot of uncertainty surrounding the programme? Plus Mariota will be gone after this season! Oregon it is though!