Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Angry Peyton quiets crowd...

bap1331

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have no problem wih our fans, our fans are great," Manning said. "I've got a problem with our scoreboard operator. I've got to have a little talk with him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-not-happy-with-broncos--scoreboard-operator-after-win-060756510.html

Our fans woulda known better. He had us whooped inline. 

Every game. Every single game in Denver this happens, and it's not the scoreboard guy. That was Peyton saving face so that the fans didn't get uppity. 

He really can't control his OCD nature at all. Stunning. Now the scorekeeper can't post pics to get the fans to cheer?

Look at the quote. He said it was disrespectful to show live video of rivers. It's tasteless as well. There was no need for it. You're already beating them, why try to pour salt in the wound or show the team being disgruntled cause they are losing

Pour sportsmanship.

That was his point.

Look at the quote. He said it was disrespectful to show live video of rivers. It's tasteless as well. There was no need for it. You're already beating them, why try to pour salt in the wound or show the team being disgruntled cause they are losing

Pour sportsmanship.

That was his point.

Manning haters I tell ya

It is a little disrespectful, do you not think so?

Are you kidding? That was lame, lame. He was mad because it make the crowd cheer and he wanted it quiet. Honestly, he has to be the only football player that believes it is his right to control an entire football stadium including the scoreboard operator.

Pour sportsmanship.

That was his point.

No one would have noticed or cared if he did not jump around like maniac.

Are you kidding? That was lame, lame. He was mad because it make the crowd cheer and he wanted it quiet. Honestly, he has to be the only football player that believes it is his right to control an entire football stadium including the scoreboard operator.

No I am not kidding. Showing Rivers on the big screen just to get the crowd to boo him during the game is disrespectful. I've been to a handful of NFL games and you don't ever see the scoreboard operator do that crap.

The Denver fans and apparently the scoreboard operator aren't very smart in football terms. A teams biggest home field advantage is crowd noise. Quiet on offense, rowdy on defense. You could hear a pin drop in the dome all those years. Be better broncos fans

No I am not kidding. Showing Rivers on the big screen just to get the crowd to boo him during the game is disrespectful. I've been to a handful of NFL games and you don't ever see the scoreboard operator do that crap.

I have never seen a player ever single out a scoreboard operator. That is something for the owner or Elway to deal with. And believe me he was not mad because of what was being shown but because it made the crowd cheer so obviously there were many Denver fans that had no issue with the footage and actually enjoyed. To the victor the spoils, no?

just another thought here.....  If it was Brady's sad face the scoreboard operator was showing, and Peyton was trying to quiet the crowd thinking it was disrespectful to Brady,  would the Pat's fans whining here  still be whining..or would they think what Peyton did was a good thing?

which brings up the question...  WHY do you care?

Care about what? Manning being a baby? He will never change. He had Indy fans wrapped so tight it was ridiculous. Nice to have a QB like Luck who is able to zone that out and play great football. Fans job is to cheer. Imagine Peyton as a baseball pitcher? Lol. he would not last an inning...

Care about what? Manning being a baby? He will never change. He had Indy fans wrapped so tight it was ridiculous. Nice to have a QB like Luck who is able to zone that out and play great football. Fans job is to cheer. Imagine Peyton as a baseball pitcher? Lol. he would not last an inning...

Lucky for him, he's a NFL Quarterback then..    A Quarterback,  who by the way,  has Lasted a LONG Time and getting better and better instead of declining.

I have never seen a player ever single out a scoreboard operator. That is something for the owner or Elway to deal with. And believe me he was not mad because of what was being shown but because it made the crowd cheer so obviously there were many Denver fans that had no issue with the footage and actually enjoyed. To the victor the spoils, no?

So you must have had a nice telephone conversation with Peyton Manning then?

And of course the fans aren't going to have an issue with the footage and they do enjoy it. But it doesn't mean it is totally warranted to be putting the other team on the scoreboard screen. If you have any sort of good sportsmanship you don't even think about doing that.

So you must have had a nice telephone conversation with Peyton Manning then?

And of course the fans aren't going to have an issue with the footage and they do enjoy it. But it doesn't mean it is totally warranted to be putting the other team on the scoreboard screen. If you have any sort of good sportsmanship you don't even think about doing that.

So Manning is a sportsman now? Swearinger would disagree I think.

65065_603426916428912_738580719443488428

Peyton is and always will be a baby.

Nonsense.

No one would have noticed or cared if he did not jump around like maniac.

More nonsense.

Stunning, more nonsense.

My only issue with any of it is Manning calling out the scoreboard operator to the media like that. If it happened with my team, I'd rather that the players go to the front office about it. To me the whole thing came off as an NFL star bullying a team employee over a non-issue. I can't imagine that the guy or guys who run the scoreboard make a ton of money or have a lot of influence in the organization. Maybe it was just the tone of the statement, "I've got to have a little talk with him." He sort of came off as a pretentious bully there.

Is he going to talk to the beer vendors about there being a little too much foam on the Coors Lights?  ;)

Also, shouldn't he be mad at Talib too for dancing around and firing up the crowd?  :rock:

I didn't stay up for the 2-minute warning but with a 1st down and no timeouts for SD, didn't they just kneel on it anyway?

Peyton did the same in Indy, especially early in his career. Since he relies on audibles more than any QB it makes sense.

Ironically, Luck does not have to subdue the home crowd because Peyton has already conditioned them. This is the same crowd that used to do the 'Wave when the offense had the ball.

Denver fans will not make this mistake again.

My only issue with any of it is Manning calling out the scoreboard operator to the media like that. If it happened with my team, I'd rather that the players go to the front office about it. To me the whole thing came off as an NFL star bullying a team employee over a non-issue. I can't imagine that the guy or guys who run the scoreboard make a ton of money or have a lot of influence in the organization. Maybe it was just the tone of the statement, "I've got to have a little talk with him." He sort of came off as a pretentious bully there.

Is he going to talk to the beer vendors about there being a little too much foam on the Coors Lights?  ;)

Also, shouldn't he be mad at Talib too for dancing around and firing up the crowd?  :rock:

I didn't stay up for the 2-minute warning but with a 1st down and no timeouts for SD, didn't they just kneel on it anyway?

You could tell by the reaction of the media after he answered that it was a little odd. It's like he tried to save face with the fans by deflecting his anger about the noise (oh the audacity of the fans to cheer when the win is secure!!!), and when he mentioned having to have a talk with the scoreboard operator the media gave a chuckle...then he continued on and they were all like 'oh whoops, he's serious'.

I side with P-Man 100% on this one. Denver as been sold out for decades but has a large segment of fans that don't know jack about football and are there to be seen and tell people they were there. That's the world we live in and it's not unique to Denver.