Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton 1 touchdown.

bestQBever

I was just looking at stats tonight,  and oddly enough,  the WR who leads the Colts with the most TD's is................

Hakeem Nicks!     Who'da thunk it?

But, as others here have noted,  it's the TE's and the RB's getting the vast majority of TD receptions.

Hey,  whatever works is fine by me!     And it's eating up defenses,  that's for sure!      :thmup:

with a lot of attention in the media about records of individual play, there's a lot of press given to all those TD passes and TD throws.  So the league is saturated with players who want the numbers.  I hope there aren't a bunch of those on our team.  I don't really think so but players like Harrison and Wayne even used to complain (subtlety) about it back in the day.  Let's get TY some TD touches for sure and keep him as happy as a kid walking up to the ice-cream truck. 

I don't care who the ball goes to as long as the Colts score touchdowns. Luck seems to throw most of his touchdowns to the TEs and Bradshaw.

Take what they give you.... So what if TY isnt getting the TD's? The team is and that's what matters.

TY is certainly getting the yards!

Hopefully Luck targets him more in the red zone like Manning is doing with Sanders to pad his stats.

Why?

I would rather target our bigger receivers and tight ends or throw the ball to our backs in the Red Zone. 

I don't care how many touchdowns TY has. He is doing his job by stretching the field. He often takes 2 defenders with him, and when Luck tosses a deep pass to TY, he is usually double covered, which is why we are not seeing the yards after the catch as much this season.

Another good route we see TY running is the underneath. It is hard for defenses to keep up with TY and when he catches the ball over the middle on crossing routes, he usually hits the corner. Those types of plays do not usually result in touchdowns, but they are very effective getting us down the field.