Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwanye Allen and Ahmad bradshaw comeback players of the year

Stephen

That's not true, and it's not voted on by fans. The people who vote know full well who he is.

There will be other players to consider, like Julio Jones.

Superman, I think it was you who I was speaking to on regards of Dwayne Allen looking rusty, and not quite up to speed. Last week he looked a lot like his old self especially while running down the sideline.

Comeback player, not comeback team.

And it looks like Rolando McClain is in strong consideration for the award too

Yep. McClain is definitely the 2014 comeback player of the year. Who knew he was a perfect fit in the Tampa2? Interesting development.

Superman, I think it was you who I was speaking to on regards of Dwayne Allen looking rusty, and not quite up to speed. Last week he looked a lot like his old self especially while running down the sideline.

Yup, snatching the ball out of the air and showing some speed up the field. He looks much more comfortable now, IMO.

Some LB in Denver might have something to say about that.

I don't think he's close to McClain. No one expected McClain to even play football again, let alone play at such a high level. I think everyone expected Von Miller to come back at an extremely high level. I don't think the comeback player of the year has to necessarily be the best player, rather the best comeback story and I think McClain has that.

I don't think he's close to McClain. No one expected McClain to even play football again, let alone play at such a high level. I think everyone expected Von Miller to come back at an extremely high level. I don't think the comeback player of the year has to necessarily be the best player, rather the best comeback story and I think McClain has that.

Best comeback story? Rolando McClain?

Yup, snatching the ball out of the air and showing some speed up the field. He looks much more comfortable now, IMO.

Dwayne Allen was on Dan Dakich yesterday or today and Dakich asked if Allen was 100% and his answer made it clear he's still a work in progress. Allen said that he was told it would take a full year after surgery until he'd be 100%. I agree with you guys that Allen looked rusty in preseason and the first few games, so that helps explains it.

I remember Allen being asked in the offseason how healthy he was and he said something like "110%". That was clearly bullcrap haha.

Best comeback story? Rolando McClain?

He was out of football for over a year, thought to be a dud/finished, and no one expected anything out of him in his comeback. He's not only back but he's probably playing the best football he's ever played. So, yes, I think his comeback is easily the best.

He was out of football for over a year, thought to be a dud/finished, and no one expected anything out of him in his comeback. He's not only back but he's probably playing the best football he's ever played. So, yes, I think his comeback is easily the best.

Yea and it was his stupidity as to why he was out of football, not injury. Far from the best comeback story

Yea and it was his stupidity as to why he was out of football, not injury. Far from the best comeback story

Why don't you tell me whose comeback is better and why, rather than just putting down my opinion with your factpinions?

Von Miller's comeback story isn't even a story. He was hurt and he rehabilitated and now he is back to normal as pretty much everyone expected. And again, no one expected anything from McClain and now he's the leader of that very good defense.

Why don't you tell me whose comeback is better and why, rather than just putting down my opinion with your factpinions?

Von Miller's comeback story isn't even a story. He was hurt and he rehabilitated and now he is back to normal as pretty much everyone expected. And again, no one expected anything from McClain and now he's the leader of that very good defense.

Von Miller has my vote, same kind of story as AP, Miller tore his ACL right before Christmas and is back with a vengeance 9 sacks in 7 games so far

Von Miller has my vote, same kind of story as AP, Miller tore his ACL right before Christmas and is back with a vengeance 9 sacks in 7 games so far

AP didn't win it, and I didn't think he should have. He hardly missed any time. Miller missed most of last year. I think he's more eligible than AP was.

AP didn't win it, and I didn't think he should have. He hardly missed any time. Miller missed most of last year. I think he's more eligible than AP was.

I know he didn't win it, he won MVP I was just saying that they both tore their ACLs around the same time which are similar stories

That's not true, and it's not voted on by fans. The people who vote know full well who he is.

There will be other players to consider, like Julio Jones.

That plus I'm hearing Allen's name an awful lot lately. Other team's fans are learning who he is. Tony Gonzalez sure helped this matter by referring to Allen as having the potential to be one of the best TE's in the NFL during a national broadcast. 

I thought Reggie Wayne would win it before the season started. If he hits 1,000 yards this season than he might be a strong possibility, but I'm not so sure now. Von Miller and McClain are both strong candidates. Might be a good season for Cowboys fans. They could see McClain win for CPOTY and Murray win MVP.

He isn't going to get any comeback votes from voters on his reason for being gone from the NFL in the first place

McClain had Crohn's disease in college, and then he was drafted by the Raiders. The NFL got it wrong about what type of linebacker he is, and we all found out this year that he fits in a Tampa2 style defense. He is playing Great football in Dallas. No one guessed that correctly; none of the media experts or any NFL front office personnel. I think it may have even surprised McClain. The Cowboys took a chance and got a huge return on the investment. McClain is showing that he was worthy of a first round pick, but needs to be in the right system.

Any person can write a story about a player who gets injured and comes back the next year to play extremely well. That happens every single year. McClain's story is not something we see every day, and it is very compelling. It is an awesome story that could someday be turned into a Hollywood film. No other player in the NFL who is attempting to comeback from an injury last year is even close to having such a captivating story. 

This is a no-brainer. 

Maybe not too many people know his complete story, but it is one of the most interesting story lines of the entire 2014 season. He is absolutely the 2014 comeback player of the year.

very interesting story indeed

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Rolando McClain has retired in a shock move, the team announced

He was arrested in December 2011 on charges of misdemeanor assault, discharging a firearm, and reckless endangerment.

In January of 2013 he was arrested for providing false information to a police officer after getting pulled over for a window tint violation.

Then, 10 days after the Ravens signed him in April, he got arrested for disorderly conduct and reportedly yelled "f*** the police" as he was taken away.

very interesting story indeed

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Rolando McClain has retired in a shock move, the team announced

He was arrested in December 2011 on charges of misdemeanor assault, discharging a firearm, and reckless endangerment.

In January of 2013 he was arrested for providing false information to a police officer after getting pulled over for a window tint violation.

Then, 10 days after the Ravens signed him in April, he got arrested for disorderly conduct and reportedly yelled "f*** the police" as he was taken away.

And he was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in college, and drafted high by the Raiders to play in a system that does not fit him. Baltimore's defense did not fit him either. 

I will copy and paste what I wrote earlier, just in case you "over-looked" it:

McClain had Crohn's disease in college, and then he was drafted by the Raiders. The NFL got it wrong about what type of linebacker he is, and we all found out this year that he fits in a Tampa2 style defense. He is playing Great football in Dallas. No one guessed that correctly; none of the media experts or any NFL front office personnel. I think it may have even surprised McClain. The Cowboys took a chance and got a huge return on the investment. McClain is showing that he was worthy of a first round pick, but needs to be in the right system.

Any person can write a story about a player who gets injured and comes back the next year to play extremely well. That happens every single year. McClain's story is not something we see every day, and it is very compelling. It is an awesome story that could someday be turned into a Hollywood film. No other player in the NFL who is attempting to comeback from an injury last year is even close to having such a captivating story. 

This is a no-brainer.

McClain has not only turned his football career around; he has also turned his life around. 

And he was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in college, and drafted high by the Raiders to play in a system that does not fit him. Baltimore's defense did not fit him either.

I will copy and paste what I wrote earlier, just in case you "over-looked" it:

This is a no-brainer.

McClain has not only turned his football career around; he has also turned his life around.

Rolando McClain "A Football Life" coming soon