Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moncrief or Whalen?

RockThatBlue

Moncrief over Whalen.  Whalen doesn't get much separation and I always feel like Luck has to put balls into tight coverage to him. He made some plays last year but Pep had no choice but to play him.  We could see more 2 TE formations against a beat up/hurt LB corps in Pitt.  I wouldn't be shocked if Whalen sees few if any snaps.

Moncrief over Whalen. Whalen doesn't get much separation and I always feel like Luck has to put balls into tight coverage to him. He made some plays last year but Pep had no choice but to play him. We could see more 2 TE formations against a beat up/hurt LB corps in Pitt. I wouldn't be shocked if Whalen sees few if any snaps.

Well he did see a couple snaps last game before Reggie got hurt so wouldnt suprise me if we used both dependkng on situation

So you don't hope Moncrief turns out to be even better than TY, I know that would be tough but I think the sky is the limit for Moncrief.

Of course I think Moncrief will be good I'm on the #FeedMoncrief bandwagon, but TY is playing out of this world and is just getting better and better. His route running and hands came a long way from his rookie year. There's nothing wrong with being the 2nd receiver on a team, Reggie done it for years.

Just because I think TY is the #1 of the present and future doesn't mean I don't think Moncrief will be good

Guys any chance that lenz or lankford will be brought up from the PS this week?. And also whats the latest on demps, is he gonna be involved in the game?

About 0% chance anybody gets brought up, if so they already would had made that move earlier this week

About 0% chance anybody gets brought up, if so they already would had made that move earlier this week

I think that is a sign that at least Richardson will play. I think they would have brought Tipton up from the PS if they expected to go to Pittsburgh with only 2 health RBs.

I think Nicks, Whalen, and Moncrief will All see the field. Different field positions demand different personnel. Moncrief will probably be utilized between the 20's and Whalen/Nicks will be used near the end zone because of their hands.

Moncrief, Nicks, Allen, and Fleener would present mismatches with their size + Bradshaw out of the backfield.