Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano doesn't commit to Laron Landry starting upon return.

Dustin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely like sergio better in coverage, and i think that's more important in the defense we play. still wanna see more consistency from brown before totally giving up on landry. one or two decent games isn't enough of a sample size 

No, I think we've seen all we need to of Serg. His enthusiasm alone will get him over most of his shortcomings, but cover skills are a must in any dominant defenses' ability to be consistently dominant in this pass-happy NFL. I liked Sergio Brown when he was in college at Notre Dame. Always solid. He deserves the starting job. Its his to lose. Not Landrys to assume when he gets back in.

Help stopping the run in week 15 against the Cowboys would be a good game for him to start.

Cowboys are about to be 9-1 or 8-2 in a short time here. If they continue, they may have the #1 seed locked up by the time we play them.

Probably rest their starters by then so really won't need Landry then either

The defense has been better with Werner instead of Mathis too.

Well technically you might be right, the defense as a whole, but Mathis is the better player no question about it. When he is 100%. Its great to see Werner being successful tho because he needs to be the successor to Mathis when Mathis is done. It's nice to have 3 good OLB's.

Overall Brown and Landry have played about the same this year.  Landry is much better in run support, Brown is better in coverage but not as much better as most posters think. Landry had a rough outing against Denver but he played the pass well against Philly, Jags and the Titans.

For the money, enthusiasm and 100% effort...I take Brown at this point Coffee.  Brown moves much better to the ball in air, and his run support has not been bad.  His tackling is much better than 'whiff...arm tackle' Landry.  I hope Landry comes back and takes it seriously.

I don't get how he had such a good year for the Jets, but has been basically average at best here in Indy.

Had a lot of money riding on the good season with the Jets.  He was signed to just a one year deal there. In typical Landry fashion he cashed in by having his best season ever and played all 16 games after only playing 17 the previous 2 combined.  We rewarded him with the nice contract. He's just glad to be cashing those checks at this point.

For the money, enthusiasm and 100% effort...I take Brown at this point Coffee.  Brown moves much better to the ball in air, and his run support has not been bad.  His tackling is much better than 'whiff...arm tackle' Landry.  I hope Landry comes back and takes it seriously.

The money doesn't matter because it will be paid to Landry no matter if he plays or sits.  I disagree that he moves better to the ball in the air, although I do think he anticipates better (perhaps he studies film better I don't know), his (Brown) run support has been bad, he takes poor angles and is slow to run at the ball carrier.

I don't mind Brown in the line up, I just don't think he is an upgrade over Landry.

The money doesn't matter because it will be paid to Landry no matter if he plays or sits.  I disagree that he moves better to the ball in the air, although I do think he anticipates better (perhaps he studies film better I don't know), his (Brown) run support has been bad, he takes poor angles and is slow to run at the ball carrier.

I don't mind Brown in the line up, I just don't think he is an upgrade over Landry.

I will concentrate even more on this next game.  I just have not seen his as poor as you say on run stopping.  Maybe it is all about better anticipation.  I have not seen him 'lost'....all turned around like I have seen Landry on more than one occasion.

I do think he is an upgrade in effort alone.  I believe he may have more respect from his teammates than Landry too.  He is aloof with them.

"Pagano doesn't commit to Laron Landry starting upon return"

As he shouldn't...Landry has been a liability since day one and I'm tired of defending the guy especially given the $ he was paid. Either injured or not dependable. The current unit is hitting a stride. Keep them intact...