Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agent WR's and Colts

We have one of the best WR groups in the NFL

TY Hilton is playing better and better and is one his way to become if not already a top 10 WR in the NFL

Reggie Wayne is still one of the best route runners and one of the best WR's

Donte Moncrief and Griff Whalen are quality players and could both develop into huge weapons for Andrew Luck.

Hakeem Nicks... not as good as I hoped he would be, and reminds me of Heyward Bey and the WR we had one season before him.

So when taking a look closer at the Free Agent WR's for the 2015, there are some very good WR's which could be sweet to see in a Colts uniform.

They would cost a lot of money, but some of them would lift the team a level or two, which would make our offense nearly impossible to stop.

1. Demaryius Thomas

2. Dez Bryant

3. Randall Cobb

4. Jeremy Machlin

If we could sign one of these four WR's and team them up with TY and Reggie, well, we would have the best WR group in the NFL.

But my question is, which one of the four or another WR free agent would you like to see in a colts uniform next year?

I don't think Hakeem Nicks will be back, and even though Montcrief and Whalen are okay, I think Grigson will try to land another top receiver as Reggie is at the end of his career. 

This is unrealistic because it wont happen but Dez Bryant seems like the clear choice of those 4, I expect Moncrief to be tried as our #2 next year however, Cecil Shorts and Nate Washington I like to

I know it might be unrealistic to sign one of those four I mentioned, but then again... lets say Denver wins it this year and peyton retires. Then Thomas could be on the move and with Indy as the next big thing once again, well, why not?

Dez Bryant would be a monster for us, and the same could be said about Thomas, furthermore I really believe that some of the great and best WR really would like to play with Andrew Luck, not just for the fun of it, but because they can see them winning a Super Bowl in Indy, which have to count for something. 

I know it might be unrealistic to sign one of those four I mentioned, but then again... lets say Denver wins it this year and peyton retires. Then Thomas could be on the move and with Indy as the next big thing once again, well, why not?

Dez Bryant would be a monster for us, and the same could be said about Thomas, furthermore I really believe that some of the great and best WR really would like to play with Andrew Luck, not just for the fun of it, but because they can see them winning a Super Bowl in Indy, which have to count for something.

Thomas is a good wr but I like Bryants toughness and physicality, Thomas hasn't got much of that at least yet in his career

Thomas is a good wr but I like Bryants toughness and physicality, Thomas hasn't got much of that at least yet in his career

I love Dez as a player that I get to watch on another team but I'd be concerned if he were here. He has had back issues in the past and given the way he fights for every extra yard, he takes a lot of unnecessary punishment and those hits add up. If you add that to how emotional he can be and the fact that he'll likely want a very big contract then I think I'd pursue other options.

We have one of the best WR groups in the NFL

TY Hilton is playing better and better and is one his way to become if not already a top 10 WR in the NFL

Reggie Wayne is still one of the best route runners and one of the best WR's

Donte Moncrief and Griff Whalen are quality players and could both develop into huge weapons for Andrew Luck.

Hakeem Nicks... not as good as I hoped he would be, and reminds me of Heyward Bey and the WR we had one season before him.

So when taking a look closer at the Free Agent WR's for the 2015, there are some very good WR's which could be sweet to see in a Colts uniform.

They would cost a lot of money, but some of them would lift the team a level or two, which would make our offense nearly impossible to stop.

1. Demaryius Thomas

2. Dez Bryant

3. Randall Cobb

4. Jeremy Machlin

If we could sign one of these four WR's and team them up with TY and Reggie, well, we would have the best WR group in the NFL.

But my question is, which one of the four or another WR free agent would you like to see in a colts uniform next year?

I don't think Hakeem Nicks will be back, and even though Montcrief and Whalen are okay, I think Grigson will try to land another top receiver as Reggie is at the end of his career.

While I agree NIcks won't be back I don't understand what people thought he would do. He's the fifth option while Avery and DHB started as basically the number 2 receiver. I'm sure we'll see Nicks get involved if Wayne doesn't play this week.

They'll both be franchise tagged, so it's a moot point.

I don't think we will be signing a big name FA WR in the off season.  I fully expect Moncrief to move into the starters role if Reggie retires. We will need to add depth but I don't see a big name with a big contract coming in. That is why you build through the draft so you don't have to overpay for players.

We drafted Moncrief in the 3rd to play him. We will need depth but the guys you listed are going to be the top priced FA WR's. No thanks spend that money on D or the O Line.

Don't see us signing anybody. We will probably grab a 5th WR in the draft, as our top 3 are probably set for next year, and Whalen is a decent fill in as well. If we do sign somebody I once again expect it to be a cheaper level signing, not some 10 million dollar player. We have our own WR we will be paying soon. 

If Cecil Shorts is a free agent, I wouldn't mind signing him to a short-term deal. He is wasting away in Jacksonville, and we might be able to get him for a reasonable price. He could come in and could compete for the #3 spot.

There is no way we get a big name guy like Thomas or Bryant. Their teams would not let them go and they would cost way too much if they do reach the open market. 

If we're going to sign a WR in the offseason it needs to be a big 6'2 or 6'3 beast like Dez, or Thomas. I think AJ Green and Julio are FA's too. How awesome would a WR corps of one of those guys, Hilton and Moncrief be?

Pass. Receivers like that cost way too much money

I honestly think I prefer Nicks over them when cost is considered. I wish they did a better job of involving him in the offense.

Honestly I liked Nicks when signed, but I also likes DHB and Avery, but none of them seem to pan out.  

I don't know if its because they were or are not good enough, but both DHB and Nicks seems to have the skills to be successful with Luck under center.

What I can't stop thinking about is, if Grigson would rather have "home grown" / "drafted" colts players to be successful instead of the free agent signings. Because its just frustrating that none of the last 3 signed WR´s have been successful. 

When Reggie decides to put his pads in the locker and call it a day, well, then TY needs to have a new wingman. I just can't tell if Whalen or Montecrief have what it takes to become the #2 receiver. 

Honestly I liked Nicks when signed, but I also likes DHB and Avery, but none of them seem to pan out.

I don't know if its because they were or are not good enough, but both DHB and Nicks seems to have the skills to be successful with Luck under center.

What I can't stop thinking about is, if Grigson would rather have "home grown" / "drafted" colts players to be successful instead of the free agent signings. Because its just frustrating that none of the last 3 signed WR´s have been successful.

When Reggie decides to put his pads in the locker and call it a day, well, then TY needs to have a new wingman. I just can't tell if Whalen or Montecrief have what it takes to become the #2 receiver.

Avery worked out fine, unless you viewed him as a long term solution. His lone season here was the best of his career.

And DHB simply doesn't have the skills to be a successful WR in the nfl.

Blah Blah Blah...  Colts have to many talented WR's and TE's.  Nicks isn't going to be a standout because he is our 4th or 5th option if he is even in.  TY and Reggie Allen and Fleener, RB out of the backfield, and he shares time with Moncrief so if everybody would lower their expectations a bit that would be great!