Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Tomlin On The Colts

krunk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up guys? Steelers fan here. Thanks for accepting. Point blank, not sure what kind of Steelers fans are "up" for this game. We've been absolutely SHREDDED by the likes of Brian Hoyer (x2); Mike Glennon (good lord) and even in the win, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Andrew Luck is an absolute STUD on all fronts. He's big, strong, has a rocket arm, is as accurate as can be and is one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game today, let alone mobile when he needs to be. He's susceptible to the sack, but that shouldn't matter since the Steelers aren't sniffing pressure anywhere near the QB's feet this season.

Anyway, though the Steelers are one lousy Mike Glennon drive away from being 5-2, that was supposed to be the so-called "soft" part of our schedule and we lost to the likes of Tampa and Cleveland. Pittsburgh is probably going to have to score another 30 points to keep up in this one. Not sure if this Steelers talented offense can do it, though as they've got the potential to breakout but continue to start slow week in and week out. We'll see what we're made of but as a Colts fan said above, this could be a blowout. The Steelers are still searching but don't mistaken that as this team not being capable. We are. We just haven't put it all together yet. 

Looking forward to talking football guys.

No bad turnovers. Fumbles have been such a kryptonite to otherwise outstanding offensive performances (Baltimore and Houston games), not to mention two fumbles vs. Cincinatti that likely prevented us from scoring 30-40 points.  

I think that the Colts are an all around better team, but playing in Pittsburgh is never an easy task. Protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers and I say that we win by two scores.

two guys will be crucial to this game: Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell. It would be awesome if Vontae could stop Brown's 5 catch 50 yard streak. And along with Heath Miller, the linebackers have to limit Bell's yards in the passing game. Luck also needs to use Cortez Allen as a whipping boy.

I never understand this mindset: Home field advantage vs behind enemy lines CW. Football is football. I don't give a darn where you play it. The rules are the same on both sides & if your team moves the ball any crowd shuts up real quick. JMO. 

Well, it definitely matters.

MOST teams perform better at home. Colts are definitely one of those teams and they have been for years. Seahawks are one of those teams. Saints are definitely one of those teams. It goes on and on.

While you might not personally believe it, it doesn't make it not true.

based on what?

Mostly gut feeling. I can't even remember the last time we even won in Pittsburgh. They aren't that bad of a team and only have one more loss than we do. The crowd there is just insane.. And they are coming off a W. We definitely need our offense to show up this week because the black and yellow are going to bring it.

I do think they could have given Leveon Bell more touches but chose not to, IMO due to the short week.

It is Heinz field that I am worried about. I saw Arian Foster and several wide outs slip on that field. Playing against LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown who can cut on a dime and slippery Big Ben, we better get our footing right so that we don't slip on key 3rd downs. I am sure Pagano has seen that field so many times and should prepare the team for it.

If we play like we can, we should handle them like 27-20 or something like that.

What's up guys? Steelers fan here. Thanks for accepting. Point blank, not sure what kind of Steelers fans are "up" for this game. We've been absolutely SHREDDED by the likes of Brian Hoyer (x2); Mike Glennon (good lord) and even in the win, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Andrew Luck is an absolute STUD on all fronts. He's big, strong, has a rocket arm, is as accurate as can be and is one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game today, let alone mobile when he needs to be. He's susceptible to the sack, but that shouldn't matter since the Steelers aren't sniffing pressure anywhere near the QB's feet this season.

Anyway, though the Steelers are one lousy Mike Glennon drive away from being 5-2, that was supposed to be the so-called "soft" part of our schedule and we lost to the likes of Tampa and Cleveland. Pittsburgh is probably going to have to score another 30 points to keep up in this one. Not sure if this Steelers talented offense can do it, though as they've got the potential to breakout but continue to start slow week in and week out. We'll see what we're made of but as a Colts fan said above, this could be a blowout. The Steelers are still searching but don't mistaken that as this team not being capable. We are. We just haven't put it all together yet.

Welcome to the Forum,Tnasty.....looking forward to this weekends matchup! Hoping the only thing the terrible towels come out for is to dry people's tears!!!!

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike-Tomlin-on-Colts-vs-Steelers/3d71d5a0-ed1e-40df-829f-eec65195b5ac

He sounds like he's reading a thick book!  There's so much to talk about it's like it takes him forever to get through what is challeging about the Colts.

I think this is going to be a very high spirited and hard nosed game.  Just a feeling.

I think it'll be a close one with a Colts win.

I think the Steelers will try to use Bell against us the way Philly did with Sproles. Colts must contain the screens and dump offs to Bell. I think we all remember how bad Sproles torched the D in that game. Secondly, while the Colts have looked good on both sides of the ball recently they MUST stop turning the ball over the way they have or its gonna catch up to them real soon. The Colts had 13 turnovers all of last year and have already matched that number this year. Contain Bell and hold onto the ball and the Colts win easily IMO.

Welcome to the forum! Best place on Earth to talk football. With that being said, solid analysis of both teams. You guys definitely have some talent on your offense, but as you said the team game hasn't come together as well as I'm sure Steeler nation has hoped. Still, I'm always a bit anxious playing the Steelers.

My wife travels to Pitt every other week for work. We were debating flying up for the game, but decided against it. Either way, I'm hoping to make a trip up to Car-nay-gee soon. Eat some Prinantis for me, and let's hope for a great game! Go Horseshoe!!!

I actually think you are wrong

I hope I am.

Luck has never played against the Steelers let alone inside that stadium. The Steelers are very dangerous inside Heinz Field. We need to come out strong and shut th crowd down early..

I believe in Luck, but the Steelers at home have always made me nervous.

Tomlin is a very average coach.    Indy should BLAST this team..      

but Indy CANNOT keep turning the ball over.   Only way Indy loses is if Indy beats themselves.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike-Tomlin-on-Colts-vs-Steelers/3d71d5a0-ed1e-40df-829f-eec65195b5ac

He sounds like he's reading a thick book!  There's so much to talk about it's like it takes him forever to get through what is challeging about the Colts.

I think this is going to be a very high spirited and hard nosed game.  Just a feeling.

I hope I am.

Luck has never played against the Steelers let alone inside that stadium. The Steelers are very dangerous inside Heinz Field. We need to come out strong and shut th crowd down early..

I believe in Luck, but the Steelers at home have always made me nervous.

All that is true , but I think we are 7-8 points better than them. Need to play mistake free and we'll be OK

Welcome to the forum! Best place on Earth to talk football. With that being said, solid analysis of both teams. You guys definitely have some talent on your offense, but as you said the team game hasn't come together as well as I'm sure Steeler nation has hoped. Still, I'm always a bit anxious playing the Steelers.

My wife travels to Pitt every other week for work. We were debating flying up for the game, but decided against it. Either way, I'm hoping to make a trip up to Car-nay-gee soon. Eat some Prinantis for me, and let's hope for a great game! Go Horseshoe!!!

Thanks  :fb: A Primanti is a must so I'll get to work on that, haha. The only worry I would have as a Colts fan would be that the Steelers know this game is pretty big and they will be up for it. Over the weeks, they've heard nothing but negativity when it came to the media and fans and after that insane 2nd QRT against the Texans and actually stuffing Arian Foster after that first opening drive, they feel they can build on it. They've made some lineup changes and by the looks of it, especially on defense, for the better. We also are going to get the deep ball going with Martavis Bryant, something we haven't used in the first 6 games so there's little tweaks here and there we are incorporating. 

As for the Colts, I think they are tops in football so basically everything about your team scares me. They are sharp and rarely beat themselves, which is the complete opposite of the Steelers, who seem to want to bumble around a bit before they are satisfied play better football. I honestly don't see us having a answer for Luck whatsoever but the Colts are riding high and hopefully for Steelers Nation, this is the slip up game. All I know is, you should get our best and I expect them to come out fired up. I just don't know if that will translate to pulling the upset.

I think the Steelers will try to use Bell against us the way Philly did with Sproles. Colts must contain the screens and dump offs to Bell. I think we all remember how bad Sproles torched the D in that game. Secondly, while the Colts have looked good on both sides of the ball recently they MUST stop turning the ball over the way they have or its gonna catch up to them real soon. The Colts had 13 turnovers all of last year and have already matched that number this year. Contain Bell and hold onto the ball and the Colts win easily IMO.

Bell is special. He is going to be very difficult to contain. He can line up pretty much anywhere and isn't limited to only dumps and screens. He's about as dominating of a versatile threat as it gets with a back. The question is if the Steelers use more heavy sets against the Colts d-line to give Mike Adams help on that right side since Gilbert may be out with a concussion, though, Adams's specialty is run blocking so maybe the Steelers will try to pound it out.

I think you guys will be okay in the turnover department. Ryan Fitzpatrick is no Andrew Luck and as awesome as scoring 21 points in 73 seconds was, that isn't going to happen weekly and can't expect it to. Other than that, the Steelers are struggling dearly by not only forcing turnovers, but sacks as well. I can see Luck picking us apart with ease if we don't mix stuff up and atleast disguise at the best of our ability.

I'm glad you're a respectable fan from another team visiting another fan site.  It's good to see.  That being said, the only way Pittsburg stays in this contest is if they can capitalize on the Colt's mistakes (like they always seem to have).  Something like what happened to the Texans!  Our defense is the real deal this year and the offense speaks for itself.  The game is in Pittsburg, so thats another thing they're in advantage of. 

I respect Tomlin alot.  I think he is a great coach.  I love watching his press confrences when the Steelers lose because, he is straight forward and takes it to heart.  It's a little immature to think this way, but at times he can be funny.  If the game goes as I think it will, we should see Mike Tomlin ranting following the game.

I'm glad you're a respectable fan from another team visiting another fan site.  It's good to see.  That being said, the only way Pittsburg stays in this contest is if they can capitalize on the Colt's mistakes (like they always seem to have).  Something like what happened to the Texans!  Our defense is the real deal this year and the offense speaks for itself.  The game is in Pittsburg, so thats another thing they're in advantage of. 

I respect Tomlin alot.  I think he is a great coach.  I love watching his press confrences when the Steelers lose because, he is straight forward and takes it to heart.  It's a little immature to think this way, but at times he can be funny.  If the game goes as I think it will, we should see Mike Tomlin ranting following the game.

We just don't know what Pittsburgh team will show on Sunday.  Colts have more talent and are playing better.  But we will see how much this team has matured. can they go on the road in a tough place to play and be successful