Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts get no Media Coverage (Merge)

Ja'Crispy

I know I know, it's ESPN. TMZ 2.0. But seriously, watching PTI today was mind boggling. Who is better: Indy or Baltimore? Wilbon says Baltimore because they have a defense. Never mind the fact we beat them recently and have a pretty darn good defense.

Anywho, just ranting. It means nothing in the end. Just keep proving doubters wrong.

I know I know, it's ESPN. TMZ 2.0. But seriously, watching PTI today was mind boggling. Who is better: Indy or Baltimore? Wilbon says Baltimore because they have a defense. Never mind the fact we beat them recently and have a pretty darn good defense.

Anywho, just ranting. It means nothing in the end. Just keep proving doubters wrong.

O.o

Look , even as a Baltimore guy I would put the Colts over the Ravens in the power rankings with the victory in Indy. All ESPN can do now is put out hatchet pieces on Bisciotti and Irsay. They have no credibility with me at all.

You guys will easily win your division, the Ravens still have work to do with two division road games coming up. If they lose in Cincinnati, which could happen, they may be playing for wildcard. I'm happy the Ravens are 5-2, but I'm cautious.

It not that the opinion sucks, it's that they don't seem to know what they're talking about, like they're stuck in 2013 or even 2012.

That's what gets me.  Colts-Ravens was a close game, maybe a different result away from LOS.  An argument could be made.  But don't give me the "Colts have no D" talk anymore.  

What bothered me about that bit was how they (correctly) pointed out how awesome Flacco's deep ball is, while neglecting to mention how the Colts utterly destroyed any semblance of the Ravens deep game. They also prided about Balt's defense, while neglecting to point out that our D took out the Ravens primary offensive threat. 

We own the Ravens, it is clear to me. They have nothing that we don't have, but we have plenty they do not. 

That's what gets me.  Colts-Ravens was a close game, maybe a different result away from LOS.  An argument could be made.  But don't give me the "Colts have no D" talk anymore.

Right, it's like why have a show based on opinions if your not even going to do your homework. It's like the basis of the show is incompetence and laziness. If they don't know what they're talking about, just skip it altogether.

colts dominated that game. Turnovers is the only reason it was close. If the Colts clean that up they blow out the Ravens. Turnovers is the biggest problem for the Colts right now.

We dominated Baltimore pretty much at the same level that we dominated Cincinnati. Turnovers are the only reason it was remotely close. When picking Baltimore over our Colts one should not site the fact that Baltimore has a better defense in doing so. It's lazy and shows a lack of being in touch with the current state of the NFL.

the Balt/Washington DC market is ... I think 8th nationally..   Wilbon is a DC resident...

Indy..??  mid market...    connect the dots...

We dominated Baltimore pretty much at the same level that we dominated Cincinnati. Turnovers are the only reason it was remotely close. When picking Baltimore over our Colts one should not site the fact that Baltimore has a better defense in doing so. It's lazy and shows a lack of being in touch with the current state of the NFL.

You and GoColts are right. 100%, these turnovers are the only thing standing between us and a perfect record at this point. 

colts dominated that game. Turnovers is the only reason it was close. If the Colts clean that up they blow out the Ravens. Turnovers is the biggest problem for the Colts right now.

True. Yesterday should've been closer to 40-0. Two turnovers to stop two good drives. 

As for Baltimore, you're right.  Had Bradshaw not fumbled it would not have been as close.

In order to take the other side do you have to ignore reality?

Wilbon strikes me as very anti-Colt.  He hates Irsay, said we should have been penalized draft picks because of the DUI.  He prefers Wilson over Luck as well.  Maybe he's just bitter about SB XLI still. haha

I just wouldn't pay much attention to ESPN's opinion shows.    We are barely on their radar.

But, the shows I WOULD pay attention to are....

-- SportsCenter (the Networks flagship show)

and....

-- NFL Live

-- NFL Insiders

These last two shows are on mid-day here on the West Coast,  probably 3p/4p on the East Coast.    Most of you are at work and don't see them.     I don't know what time they might get rebroadcast perhaps on ESPN2 later in the day/night.

But those are the shows I'd watch and those shows know who the Colts are.   They pay attention to us.   They respect the Colts.

Don't lose focus over Kornheiser/Wilbon/Bayless/Stephen A/LeBatard....  and the rest of them.    Don't let the opinion shows push your buttons or yank your chains!

Stay focused on the news/information shows.   That's where the meat is.   And they know about the Colts.

Keep your eye on the prize!     :thmup:

The Colts have allowed 1 3rd down conversion/game each of the last 4 games. I do not really care what Wilbon says, given his past comments on the Colts. However I am curious how the stat I mentioned above stands historically in the NFL. Has any other teams held opponents 4 successive weeks to only 1 3rd down conversion?

I just wouldn't pay much attention to ESPN's opinion shows.    We are barely on their radar.

But, the show I WOULD pay attention to are....

Exactly. The comment/review of our Colts I just posted above came from their Monday Night Countdown show/Sportscenter. 

Just like on the politically biased cable news networks (MSNBC/FOX/CNN), the opinion shows give us a slanted view, while typically the headline news shows on these respective networks are a bit less biased. Well, not MSNBC. They are pigs, liars, and entirely politically opinionated. A recent study showed their "opinion" reporting to be dramatically greater than the other two networks, at a rate of over 85% of their total reporting being nothing but opinion pieces. 

In order to take the other side do you have to ignore reality?

No, Wilbon is just blowing a remix of the Defense Wins Championships tune.  Our D has been great, but is a newcomer to the scene. Ravens been hanging their hat on the D hook forever.  So it is an easy out to go that way when post season begins to come into focus..

But, the show I WOULD pay attention to are....

and....

-- NFL Live

-- NFL Insiders

These last two shows are on mid-day here on the West Coast,  probably 3p/4p on the East Coast.    Most of you are at work and don't see them.     I don't know what time they might get rebroadcast perhaps on ESPN2 later in the day/night.

But those are the shows I'd watch and those shows know who the Colts are.   They pay attention to us.   They respect the Colts.

Don't lose focus over Kornheiser/Wilbon/Bayless/Stephen A/LeBatard....  and the rest of them.    Don't let the opinion shows push your buttons or yank your chains!

Stay focused on the news/information shows.   That's where the meat is.   And they know about the Colts.

Keep your eye on the prize!     :thmup:

Very true.  There is a difference between knowledgeable football analysts and sports journalists.  

Wilbon strikes me as very anti-Colt. He hates Irsay, said we should have been penalized draft picks because of the DUI. He prefers Wilson over Luck as well. Maybe he's just bitter about SB XLI still. haha

I have to tell you guys Wilbon and Kornheiser are Redskin guys, not Raven's guys. They have rarely said anything good about Bisciotti , or the Ravens. I saw the Colts defense in person and was very impressed. The Ravens are top 10 in most offensive categories now, so it was a good shut down for the Colts. The Ravens are number one in defensive points allowed, so don't take anything away from their defense either. Their secondary is now healthy and improved, and injured defensive linemen are returning. This team is better now than the one that lost in Indy. That is not to take anything away from

The Colt's win.

Exactly. The comment/review of our Colts I just posted above came from their Monday Night Countdown show/Sportscenter. 

Just like on the politically biased cable news networks (MSNBC/FOX/CNN), the opinion shows give us a slanted view, while typically the headline news shows on these respective networks are a bit less biased. Well, not MSNBC. They are pigs, liars, and entirely politically opinionated. A recent study showed their "opinion" reporting to be dramatically greater than the other two networks, at a rate of over 85% of their total reporting being nothing but opinion pieces. 

The fact that the Ravens primary offensive attack (the deep ball) was utterly removed by the Colts, well it says an awful lot about how these teams match-up. 

The fact that the Ravens primary offensive attack (the deep ball) was utterly removed by the Colts, well it says an awful lot about how these teams match-up.

Chuck called a good defensive game fully knowing we had undrafted rookie James Hurst in there at left tackle instead of Eugene Monroe. He got killed on the left side by the Colts D linemen.

The Ravens totally abandoned the run, as they did on the Bengals game, and both games were lost. These will certainly be corrected if they get to the playoffs. When the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012, we were blown out by Denver in the regular season, then came back to beat them. You need the regular season wins for playoff seedings, but the playoffs are a different animal. That being said, in my book , the Colts are serious SB contenders.

Did anyone watch the preface show before MNF? Carter and Tom Jackson talked about the Colts using Trent aasor a receiver like it was the first time yesterday.

Also, did I actually hear them call the D "undersized"? Are they watching games from 2008?