Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne's Elbow Injury (Mega Merge)

NewColtsFan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, it was completely irresponsible of the coaching staff to let him continue playing when it became apparent that his arm was still bugging him. The game wasn't in doubt and he wasn't helping us with two drops.

I agree 100% I got really upset over that.

Once again, it was completely irresponsible of the coaching staff to let him continue playing when it became apparent that his arm was still bugging him. The game wasn't in doubt and he wasn't helping us with two drops.

It seems fairly obvious they (and/or Reggie?) wanted to forcibly continue his 3 catch streak. 

So maybe it was Wayne himself that said he was good to go? The coaches gave him the benefit?

Didn't he come back in the game after the injury? It cant be that serious

Adrenaline does crazy things I know I finished a game with a broken wrist then another with a torn rotator cuff . Both times thought I just tweeked something then woke up the next day and new something was very wrong . I hope something like that is not the case and it's just precautionary because Reggie has been our 3rd down receiving rock . 

Now, I will be the first to admit that when I heard Reggie was hurt, my heart fell to the pit of my stomach. However, this is the reason why we signed Hakeem Nicks. I know he hasn't shown that he can be a number one receiver so far this season, but I still feel better knowing that we have a guy who has been a number one receiver in the past.

Remember, this guy was arguably a top 5 receiver only two or three years ago. If we can get him playing at the level that he was playing at back then, our offense may be even more explosive. So while I will sit here and wish for Reggies full health, I feel lot better knowing hakeem Nicks is on our team.

Posted Today, 03:40 PM

BuckingColt, on 20 Oct 2014 - 4:26 PM, said:snapback.png

When I heard that on chat at my flight layover, I was quite displeased.  I don't know if he aggravated any further because he went back out, but why even risk it?

So maybe it was Wayne himself that said he was good to go? The coaches gave him the benefit?

All of the best players are always good to go... even when they aren't, they'll say they are.  We have physicians and trainers that are qualified to check him out and determine if he should go back out.  Every team member on the Colts have jobs they excel at, including those on the medical team. They all get paid, let them earn their checks too.

Being a good receiver three years ago means nothing. Nicks is in Indianapolis for a paycheck and to live of the success of those around him. There is absolutely no reason for him to see the field any more than Moncrief, and if the staff continue to stick with Hakeem it will be out of concern of upsetting a "big name". He has been absolutely terrible thus far.