Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we re-sign Nicks this off-season?

JoshPhilpot

With all due respect, I really, really don't like these kind of questions when we're not even half-way through the season.

At this point,  no, it doesn't look like we'll re-sign Nicks.

But I always allow that things could change in the 2nd half of the season and maybe we'd like to bring him back.....

I'm as disappointed as anyone that things haven't worked out as hoped for.   I suspect there's much more than meets the eye to this story.    But there's still lots of time for things to work out and I, for one,  hope they do.

My point is that there will be no cashing in on his next deal.  He has proven that even when healthy, he cannot run nor get separation any longer.  He is not the player he used to be.  Anyone else who signs him after the season will be doing so at the team's price, which will likely mean vet min or slightly above and a one year deal. 

Talk about overreaction Monday on NFL Live.

Nicks hasn't been targeted much at all, so how you know he's not getting separation? Luck has little or no chemistry with Nicks and T.Y, Reggie, Fleener and Allen are getting open. If he was on a team that really needed a #1 or #2 receiver, he would have better stats. 

Based on what? What has a team seen from him to suggest he has something left?

He's running a lot better than last year and he had plenty of offers and if you have watched he is open a lot he is Lucks last read so most passes his way Luck is under pressure and throws bad passes . There is really nothing to suggest he is slow not moving well or has nothing left in the tank . 

Talk about overreaction Monday on NFL Live.

Nicks hasn't been targeted much at all, so how you know he's not getting separation? Luck has little or no chemistry with Nicks and T.Y, Reggie, Fleener and Allen are getting open. If he was on a team that really needed a #1 or #2 receiver, he would have better stats. 

Dear God...

If there is anything that I am not, it is someone who overreacts. 

How do I know?  I watch the games and see him covered when thrown to and when not.  We ain't building rockets here.

He's running a lot better than last year and he had plenty of offers and if you have watched he is open a lot he is Lucks last read so most passes his way Luck is under pressure and throws bad passes . There is really nothing to suggest he is slow not moving well or has nothing left in the tank . 

I don't trust what you are seeing.  At all.

He has 9 games left, plus playoffs hopefully, to both "prove it" and set his contract price.

I'm not opposed to having solid veteran depth at the right price if that's how Nicks turns out...but I'd also add that if there's any WR diva nonsense involved with Nicks, then I'm not interested in the least.

We've already seen Seattle's version of the Jerry Springer Show at WR...with 2 of them slugging it out before the SB and 1 of them screwing the QBs wife.

WRs seemingly have a gift for being temperamental pains in the balls...which we don't need.

In other words...Nicks needs to shut up and prove it, or get out.

The real question is; who do we sign next offseason for our annual, one year WR deal? 

My vote is for Cecil Shorts.

Him or Nate Washington, Proven he can produce with a competent QB getting him the ball (1000+ yards in 2011 with Matt Hasselbeck throwing him the ball).....Kinda frustrating to see talented wr's get stuck with bad QB's. Next thing ya know sometimes ya get talk of wr's not producing and such

The answer is clear at this point. Your #14 Nicks Colts jersey will be a collector's item in 2015.

haha!!!!

I do agree the guy has been virtually invisible but there are plenty of games remaining to sway my opinion at least. That being said, I'm not holding my breath.

Of course his best game thus far was a mere preseason game vs his old team, the Giants. Maybe he will blow up for 800 yards and 10 TDs against them a couple weeks from now then take the rest of the season off, haha!

He has 9 games left, plus playoffs hopefully, to both "prove it" and set his contract price.

I'm not opposed to having solid veteran depth at the right price if that's how Nicks turns out...but I'd also add that if there's any WR diva nonsense involved with Nicks, then I'm not interested in the least.

We've already seen Seattle's version of the Jerry Springer Show at WR...with 2 of them slugging it out before the SB and 1 of them screwing the QBs wife.

WRs seemingly have a gift for being temperamental pains in the balls...which we don't need.

In other words...Nicks needs to shut up and prove it, or get out.

Great post PAC56! You nailed my thoughts exactly. Show me you wanna play here in INDY, fight to catch passes from Luck, or stay silent as a mouse & be gone next season Nicks. The ball is literally in your court man.