Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

They really don't like saying anything positive about the colts...

bdogg

http://www.nflcdn.com/news/story/0ap3000000413765/article/thirtynine-things-you-need-to-know-from-week-7

Indianapolis Colts 27, Cincinnati Bengals 0

1. It took the Colts more than a half to convert a third down, so Pep Hamilton and Co. aren't exactly free from criticism, but the Bengals put up an absolutely horrendous offensive performance on Sunday. Their 27 yards at the half were the fewest by an NFL team at the half since Week 3 of last season. It took them until the 30-second mark in the second quarter to register a first down. Hue Jackson's insistence on the intermediate passing game worked last week against Carolina, but without a dramatic shift, his players were sitting ducks for a barrage of big hits from the Indy defense. The Bengals did not cross midfield until the 11:14 mark of the fourth quarter. That is not a typo. They finished with 135 yards of total offense.

2. The Bengals should force Vontaze Burfict to sit out for a few weeks, not only to give him time to truly rehabilitate his head and neck injuries, but to allow him to develop as a tackler. Burfict has already missed time this year with a concussion, went through concussion sideline protocol last week against thePanthers and missed almost the entire game Sunday with a neck injury. Burfict's form on a tackle of Andrew Luck was shoddy. His head was almost completely down, and he buried his neck into a charging 240-pound ball carrier. When Burfict is out of the lineup, the Bengals' defense is so obviously weak against a power running game. Trent Richardson and Ahmad Bradshaw, who combined for 129 yards and a touchdown, were free to exploit the defense on Sunday.

3. On a deeper level, where do the Bengals go from here? A blowout loss to the Patriots in Week 5and a gut-wrenching tie to a suspect Panthers team in Week 6. This week? A heartless effort against theColts. On several occasions Sunday, we saw Andy Dalton spike the ball, throw up his hands or roll his eyes, which is not a good sign from a franchise quarterback in development. With a locker room that is potentially volatile enough to turn if the season hits the skids, Marvin Lewis has some serious coaching to do over the next few days. The window in the AFC North won't linger for long, and with a game against the Ravens looming, he might need to come up with something in a hurry.

-- Conor Orr

Yeah, because the packers, steelers, broncos, saints, ravens, etc don't get attention. The nfl isn't baseball.

packers-godfather of football

steelers-most championships

broncos-peyton

saints-brees

ravens-i dont know who talks about the ravens

I really don't care what the media thinks either. I think the colts play on the field speaks for itself. I was merely confirming what I saw in another post earlier today where someone was suggesting that the media was going to highlight how poorly the Bengals played rather than how well the colts played.

packers-godfather of football

steelers-most championships

broncos-peyton

saints-brees

ravens-i dont know who talks about the ravens

Then what's your point? The giants are a historical team, the pats have Brady, the cowboys are a legendary franchise, blah blah blah. Teams like the Raiders, Lions, panthers and Texans are in big media markets and I don't see them getting large amounts of coverage.

Then what's your point? The giants are a historical team, the pats have Brady, the cowboys are a legendary franchise, blah blah blah. Teams like the Raiders, Lions, panthers and Texans are in big media markets and I don't see them getting large amounts of coverage.

have you been to oakland or detriot? when has carolina been a big market? 

I mean come on, the first sentence in the article:

"It took the Colts more than a half to convert a third down, so Pep Hamilton and Co. aren't exactly free from criticism, but the Bengals put up an absolutely horrendous offensive performance on Sunday."

It's from the Around the League crew....who cares? They're just a few dorks who like football.

I really don't care what the media thinks either. I think the colts play on the field speaks for itself. I was merely confirming what I saw in another post earlier today where someone was suggesting that the media was going to highlight how poorly the Bengals played rather than how well the colts played.

So instead of "confirming" it in that thread.... You decided to create your own to add fuel to flames that were already burning?

Makes sense I guess.........

:deadhorse:

I mean come on, the first sentence in the article:

"It took the Colts more than a half to convert a third down, so Pep Hamilton and Co. aren't exactly free from criticism, but the Bengals put up an absolutely horrendous offensive performance on Sunday."

Name something that's not factually correct about that sentence? I think you're over reacting a tad. If you listen to their podcast they were quite effusive in their praise for the Colts D and they are all pretty big fans of Luck.