Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Turnovers

Valpo2004

The one chink in our armor right now seems to be turnovers.  All it takes is for a team to start capitalizing on the turnovers.

If Luck isn't throwing a bad INT then he's getting one tipped for an INT.  If he's not throwing an INT then Bradshaw and Richardson are fumbling the football.

This is the one thing that worries me going forward.  

The defense is getting it's takeways and has 12 total, tied for 5th in the league.  But the offense is tied 7th in the league for most turnovers with 11.  

With all the offensive and defensive team stats that we are top 5 in.  This is a glaring exception that could hurt us.

Turnovers are a killer, we need to focus on securing the ball more. Luck im not too worried on with the INT's

To be fair if you look at his interception rate it's actually pretty reasonable.  So I'm with you there.  But we've fumbled several times in the past 2 games.  

It's been an odd season turnover wise for sure. Aside from 2 (maybe 3?) genuinely awful throws by Luck quite a few of the picks have come from losing a tipped ball lottery so I'm not too worried about that. Things even out, though I suppose the answer is stop getting the ball tipped so much :P Besides as you say Valpo his ratio isn't actually all that bad. 

The RB fumbles are slightly more concerning, Bradshaw especially seems to take more of a chance with ball security in striving to get every last yard. Not really sure what the answer is there as I don't want to restrict his natural instincts of being a hard runner.