Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Know This Will Never Happen, And Most Of You Will Say This Is Stupid But....

objectivecoltsfan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That defense was pretty terrible before he took over.

And tebow plays defense now? there's a difference between a good qb converting third downs and keeping his defense off the field and so the d now looks better and a qb who can't convert third downs except in the 4th whose defense is playing out of their minds. I do think Tebow has inspired his defense and that is a part of why they are better. Fox also installed a new system and it takes time for players to grow into it. there has to be offense that goes with that defense because at some point you are going to have to score more than 20 points to win the game.

Eh, I think he can be substantially better than he is currently. Put him somewhere that has a coaching staff that believes in him and works with him, and he improves. Not sure about this nugget of wisdom that gets continually repeated that you "can't improve accuracy". Is that written as law somewhere? Are there studies that prove this? Is it based on this muscle memory theory, this thing that you have to spend 10,000 hours working on something to master it?

You would have to think that accuracy CAN be improved by learning proper technique and practicing it until you master it - unless you lack the necessary co-ordination of course. My gut feeling watching Tebow is that he may not be capable of demonstrating proper technique because of the very thing that makes him an effective runner. Perhaps the wrong muscles are over-developed, because he often looks like he is shot-putting the ball down the field. It reminds me of watching Shaq trying to make a free-throw. He might be able to squeeze the air out of the ball with one hand, or throw it through a brick wall (both of which are impressive but meaningless) - but any function involving finesse is totally lost on him. It's about as pretty as those trick plays where the half-back tosses it. When those plays work it's usually because the defense was caught by surprise, and the wide receiver is wide-open -standing there waiting for the ball. And the reason it looks ugly is because the guy throwing it wasn't good enough to play QB in the NFL. Similarly with Tebow, the defense is probably surprised when he even attempts a pass. Not exactly a recipe for long-term success.

There are a lot of QBs that come out of college that play the spread, the option and whatever. If every guru's premise is correct, these QBs should be able to come into the NFL, have their team adapt to their style and they can somehow duplicate what Tebow has done??? I don't think so. He is unique. He is Captain America (stolen from Roger Staubach back in his day).

We'll see. If Manning had his intangibles, Manning would have about 7 Super Bowls

Wow, now Tebow is superior to Manning in the intangebles department? Manning doesn't have leaderships skills and a will to win like Tebow does? I thought this thread was funny to begin with but we've taken it to a whole new level now. This is beyond rediculous.

Wow, now Tebow is superior to Manning in the intangebles department? Manning doesn't have leaderships skills and a will to win like Tebow does? I thought this thread was funny to begin with but we've taken it to a whole new level now. This is beyond rediculous.

agree 100%. Saying tebow has more intangibles than manning is utterly insane..

if the Broncos decide they don't want Tebow next year we should trade for him. I'm dead serious. The guy is a winner and has the exact attitude that this team needs.

Unless he wants to be a running back no one way or another we are going to have a QB either it's going to be Manning or Luck. I think Tebow is proving to be like Vince Young people don't understand why but the dude just wins. We wont have a need for him on our roster though.

if the Broncos decide they don't want Tebow next year we should trade for him. I'm dead serious. The guy is a winner and has the exact attitude that this team needs.

He does have the exact attitude that PM has and that is to win. He is a great player in the NFL right now, but NFL defenses will now take him serious and they will stop his type of offense. The spread offense is good in college but even there the LSUs and the Als defense will prevail. That is why he did not win the big game his last year in college. Saban beat him pretty easily in the sec title game. I dont think he will be able to stand up to the hits that he will and has received for a very long period of time. However, he has certainly made a difference in the Broncos fortunes thus far. If your team can change from a pro offense to a spread offense when he is brought into the game then maybe he would be a good backup quarterback simply because the team you are playing is not ready for it. Maybe while he is young and in great shape you might get a year or two out of him. Maybe.

On the right team.... Tim Tebow could offer versatility in their offense be it at QB/FB/H-back.... and he's clearly a good team mate and locker room presence.

But the Colts have way too many issues to address rather than fiddle with how Tim Tebow would fit in here.

Heck....right now its anyone's guess who will even coach the team next year... not to mention several players on the team that are in flux as far as their contracts.

We have bigger fish to fry.

Ahhhh, smh.... they have a really good running game (although ours is not bad), plus they have something called a defense. They're defense keeps the Broncos in the match, and then Tebow kicks it up on the final drive. Our D won't be able to do what the Broncs are doing. We need a consistent quarterback, not some inconsistent useless Gator, his throwing motion is terrible too, no mechanics, if he had no running ability, he would not be in the NFL.

what for? to join Luck on the bench for the next couple of years and watch Peyton play?

unless u wanna make Tebow a FB then it can be good move. But I wouldn't wanna give up much for him.

If we had no Manning, no Luck and all we had was the * we have at QB now, then I would take Tebow in a heartbeat.

He's been on a team that has gotten some wins, but it's hardly because of his play. He's been pretty bad, but the team has hung around on defense, and he miracles a late drive.

I like him, as a person, but he won't last as a QB after this year.

They got wins because of his comebacks late in games. He is 100% responsible for those wins. He will last in the NFL for a long time. haters gon hate, but when they wrong its too late.

I will be laughing at you later on mate.

I wish that we had drafted him 2 years ago. I've been saying that Tebow was the best quarterback in the draft that year. The problem is he has to many critics that don't believe in Tebow. He is a very rare athlete that has a big heart and a lot of fire. Here's why he would fit the Colts so well. Florida's offense is almost just like our offense, Shotgun based. Now he might not throw the ball very accurately and that's important to our offense, but if you give him coaching he could be a very good quarterback for the Colts. Andrew Luck is a total bust and would not do well sitting behind Manning, if he comes back. I think that we should draft Luck trade him for multiple picks and get Tebow, then give him coaching and transform into our future franchise quarterback. Also the multiple picks could help transform our defense, if we use them right. Firing Caldwell would also be good for us, as I said two years ago.

You know who else "just wins?" Vince Young. An apt comparison minus the emotional bagagge.

This whole Tebow mania is maddness. The one decent offense they played against blew them out.

Funny comparson since it is Vince Young's emotional baggage that makes him a train wreck. So Vince Young without the emotional baggage is a pretty good qb.

I certainly don't think Tebow is the second coming but he isn't going to threaten suicide either (I don't think - in reality we never know what is going on in a person's head).

No thank you. Tebow will end up like most gimmicky QB's this league has seen. At first successful, then the defense studies film on him, he will be toast. He is so one dimentional that if you take away the Bronchos run game, they cant beat you. It's just a matter of time.

Funny comparson since it is Vince Young's emotional baggage that makes him a train wreck. So Vince Young without the emotional baggage is a pretty good qb.

Well, that and the fact that he can't actually pass the ball with any semblence of accuracy.

You know, kinda like Tim Tebow.

I'm not a Tebow hater but what happens when...

1. Teams have 10 games or even a season's worth of film on him?

2. The inevitable occurs and the Broncos find themselves down by 14 or 17 points with a quarter or two left to play?

A huge part of Tebow's success so far has been because he hasn't turned the ball over much. That also will inevitably change at some point. Especially with the hits he takes.

I wish that we had drafted him 2 years ago. I've been saying that Tebow was the best quarterback in the draft that year. The problem is he has to many critics that don't believe in Tebow. He is a very rare athlete that has a big heart and a lot of fire. Here's why he would fit the Colts so well. Florida's offense is almost just like our offense, Shotgun based. Now he might not throw the ball very accurately and that's important to our offense, but if you give him coaching he could be a very good quarterback for the Colts. Andrew Luck is a total bust and would not do well sitting behind Manning, if he comes back. I think that we should draft Luck trade him for multiple picks and get Tebow, then give him coaching and transform into our future franchise quarterback. Also the multiple picks could help transform our defense, if we use them right. Firing Caldwell would also be good for us, as I said two years ago.

TEBOWED

Edited by Maureen
image too large and removed

I'm not a Tebow hater but what happens when...

1. Teams have 10 games or even a season's worth of film on him?

2. The inevitable occurs and the Broncos find themselves down by 14 or 17 points with a quarter or two left to play?

A huge part of Tebow's success so far has been because he hasn't turned the ball over much. That also will inevitably change at some point. Especially with the hits he takes.

Why is it inevitable that he won't turn the ball over? Some guys just make good decisions and don't turn it over much. Secondly, what do you think when Tebow gets more experience? He is only going to get better. Let's not forget he has basically played a half of a season.

Why is it inevitable that he won't turn the ball over? Some guys just make good decisions and don't turn it over much. Secondly, what do you think when Tebow gets more experience? He is only going to get better. Let's not forget he has basically played a half of a season.

Because eventually they are going to play someone with a decent offense who can score more than 10-14 points. When that happens, and they find themselves down, this 3 and out for 3.5 quarters stuff they've been doing isn't going to work and Tebow is going to have to start throwing the ball. Even accurate passers start throwing picks in that situation and Tebow is far from an accurate passer.

Tebow lifts that whole team up. Last year he took over a team that was 3-10 and they went 2-1 with him. This year he took over a team that was 2-4 and they have gone 5-1 with him. The guy wins.

He wins when the defense shuts the other team down and his side kicks a lot of FGs...

Do hou think tebow could handle our offense??

...or would we have to run the wishbone

Well...Tebow is better than Painter and Orlovsky. :D He's finding ways to win regardless of his skillset...not throwing interceptions in the endzone in critical moments like our boy "curly locks". Wouldn't make sense to trade for him though with the draft coming up and the possibility that Peyton could return healthy next year.

Because every great quarterback in the entire history of the NFL - and most of them are or were much better passers than Tebow - has gone through stretches where they turned the ball over. Brady threw 4 INTs all of last year and had 10 this season through eight games. Manning threw, what, 9 interceptions in that bad three-game stretch last year?

Some players do make better decisions and turn the ball over less frequently, yes, but you're talking about a "when" situation, not an "if" situation. Tebow will eventually have a game where he throws two picks and fumbles once or twice. It's not hating on him, it's just inevitable.

Well...Tebow is better than Painter and Orlovsky. :D He's finding ways to win regardless of his skillset...not throwing interceptions in the endzone in critical moments like our boy "curly locks". Wouldn't make sense to trade for him though with the draft coming up and the possibility that Peyton could return healthy next year.
You can only make a valid comparison if Tebow had equal time playing for the Colts. We'll then see if our defense could hold opponents in close games to let Tebow work his magic. My guess is with Tebow playing in a Colts uniform, we'd have the same record, 0-11. The problem with Painter is that we get way too many 3-and-outs. That's exactly what we'd get with Tebow.

You can only make a valid comparison if Tebow had equal time playing for the Colts. We'll then see if our defense could hold opponents in close games to let Tebow work his magic. My guess is with Tebow playing in a Colts uniform, we'd have the same record, 0-11. The problem with Painter is that we get way too many 3-and-outs. That's exactly what we'd get with Tebow.

We would 5-6 with Tebow.