Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Know This Will Never Happen, And Most Of You Will Say This Is Stupid But....

objectivecoltsfan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to have him as well but not as a QB. He is such a football player he can play many positions. Maybe a wildcat formation from time to time. I would definitely take him as a back up QB but I don't think he would want that. I'm still hoping he flourishes in Denver and proves all the critics wrong. As long as he keeps winning he will hold on to that job. Go Tebow!

I would like to have him as well but not as a QB. He is such a football player he can play many positions. Maybe a wildcat formation from time to time. I would definitely take him as a back up QB but I don't think he would want that. I'm still hoping he flourishes in Denver and proves all the critics wrong. As long as he keeps winning he will hold on to that job. Go Tebow!

If a team gives him a chance and really embraces his style of play and builds a team around him that will highlight his strengths, he will win a Super Bowl. But I'm not sure a team will go all in with him because it would require major overhauls that most NFL egos don't want to deal with and don't know how to do it.

if the Broncos decide they don't want Tebow next year we should trade for him. I'm dead serious. The guy is a winner and has the exact attitude that this team needs.

This is officially the stupidest idea I've ever seen posted on here. EVER. I mean it. EVER!

If a team gives him a chance and really embraces his style of play and builds a team around him that will highlight his strengths, he will win a Super Bowl. But I'm not sure a team will go all in with him because it would require major overhauls that most NFL egos don't want to deal with and don't know how to do it.

What you've described is exactly what the Broncos are doing with Tebow. They'e completely changed their offense to suit his style of play and have gone "all in" with Tebow. Let's see if he can win a Super Bowl. I say no.

Is the defense and running game keeping the game close while he leads the offense on 3 and out after 3 and out coming with him?

I mean, we already have a QB who can't complete passes. Why would we trade for another one?

Tebow lifts that whole team up. Last year he took over a team that was 3-10 and they went 2-1 with him. This year he took over a team that was 2-4 and they have gone 5-1 with him. The guy wins.

What you've described is exactly what the Broncos are doing with Tebow. They'e completely changed their offense to suit his style of play and have gone "all in" with Tebow. Let's see if he can win a Super Bowl. I say no.

The Broncos have barely dipped their toe into the water. Running a few option plays a game is not going all in. The fact is most NFL people are too scared of trying to revamp their offense into a college style spread attack.

That is an insane statement. Tebow will never win a sb. I like the guy n root for him n wouldnt mind him as a backup qb but he wont ever ever win a championship.

That's like someone saying a season ago the Colts would go 0-16! There's no way that would happen!...

Tebow lifts that whole team up. Last year he took over a team that was 3-10 and they went 2-1 with him. This year he took over a team that was 2-4 and they have gone 5-1 with him. The guy wins.

Tebow, with our coaching staff, would be producing the same results that Painter is producing, IMO. Our playcalling and adjustments on the coaching front (O and D) have more often come up short, which is why, in addition to deficiencies in player talent, we are where we are. Give the Broncos coaches a lot of credit for not being afraid to think outside the box and improvize.

When it is all said and done, Tim Tebow will have at least as many rings as a starting quarterback as Peyton Manning.

There are no guarantees in football. Especially for those who run a college offense. They will face more difficult opponents who can either out score them or stop their offense. Dolphins wildcat was hot for 15 minutes too.

That's like someone saying a season ago the Colts would go 0-16! There's no way that would happen!...

If you told me that Peyton wouldn't play the whole season then i would say yes that's possible.

If Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Eli, Romo, Stafford, Cutler, Vick, and Shaub all get injured in the same year and are out during the playoffs, then i'll give Tebow a shot at winning the sb. Unless that happens he's not winning a sb.

This is officially the stupidest idea I've ever seen posted on here. EVER. I mean it. EVER!

OK, please impress us all with what you would consider a good idea? Or at least defend your very slack mouth by explaining why it is the stupidest idea ever. The guy is a winner, not like half of the quitters we currently have.....and he is only going to get better.

The Broncos have barely dipped their toe into the water. Running a few option plays a game is not going all in. The fact is most NFL people are too scared of trying to revamp their offense into a college style spread attack.

So you are proposing that with Tebow, the Broncos go with a college style spread attack? Against an NFL defense?

The Dolphins didn't have Tim Tebow.

Well Tebow does throw the ball alittle bit better than Ronnie Brown, reads defenses better, and takes better care of the football.

Biggest problem with both is accuracy and that's something you can't drastically improve. Maybe alittle.

If Denver sticks with him, they might as well try anything including the spread. Do anything that works towards his strengths.

Well Tebow does throw the ball alittle bit better than Ronnie Brown, reads defenses better, and takes better care of the football.

Biggest problem with both is accuracy and that's something you can't drastically improve. Maybe alittle.

If Denver sticks with him, they might as well try anything including the spread. Do anything that works towards his strengths.

That's exactly what I'm saying. He is never going to be Peyton Manning, he just plays QB differently than other guys in the league. There has been other QB's fail in the NFL or never get a chance in the NFL because they ran an offense like he ran at Florida, but none of those guys had 1/100000 the intangibles that Tebow has.

The undeserved mania surrounding Tebow is so annoying that I don't want him to succeed on that basis alone. Not to mention his excessive integration of religion. I couldn't care less what he does in the privacy of his own home, but he's just over the top. Dungy had just as much enthusiasm, but it was completely unobtrusive. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Colts.

More importantly, if he continues to succeed without actually learning to play quarterback, then OTHER teams will inevitably seek to replicate the phenomena - and expand on it to it's illogical conclusion. It could set NFL offenses back a good 70 years. Navy runs the same primitive run based offense every year because they recruit sailors first, football players second. The odds of them getting somebody who can pass the ball well aren't so great, so they just rely on hard work and brute force. However much you appreciate Tebow's "just win" mentality, is that really were we want to go?

You know who else "just wins?" Vince Young. An apt comparison minus the emotional bagagge.

This whole Tebow mania is maddness. The one decent offense they played against blew them out.

That's exactly what I'm saying. He is never going to be Peyton Manning, he just plays QB differently than other guys in the league. There has been other QB's fail in the NFL or never get a chance in the NFL because they ran an offense like he ran at Florida, but none of those guys had 1/100000 the intangibles that Tebow has.

The way he plays qb differently is the problem. All those hits he takes are going to add up and eventually get him injured. And those intangibles run out at some point. Peyton can't always win in the 4th, Brady can't, no qb can always do it. Tebow wins mostly by coming back in the 4th. Don't misunderstand me, I like Tebow mostly for the way he acts off the field and for those intangibles, but I don't think that will carry him anywhere close to a Sb. Tebow reminds me a lot like Big Ben. Has a great defense the keeps it close and so he can win games. Big Ben can at least throw it though when he needs to for lots of yardage. If Tebow plays against any good qb he is going to get killed. Once he is losing by 10 or 14 early in the game, he won't be able to scratch and crawl his way out of it. If tebow could become a 60% completion passer he'd have a chance, but i don't think accuracy can be improved that much. I mean he has trouble against air.

The undeserved mania surrounding Tebow is so annoying that I don't want him to succeed on that basis alone. Not to mention his excessive integration of religion. I couldn't care less what he does in the privacy of his own home, but he's just over the top. Dungy had just as much enthusiasm, but it was completely unobtrusive. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Colts.

More importantly, if he continues to succeed without actually learning to play quarterback, then OTHER teams will inevitably seek to replicate the phenomena - and expand on it to it's illogical conclusion. It could set NFL offenses back a good 70 years. Navy runs the same primitive run based offense every year because they recruit sailors first, football players second. The odds of them getting somebody who can pass the ball well aren't so great, so they just rely on hard work and brute force. However much you appreciate Tebow's "just win" mentality, is that really were we want to go?

I think the Colts want to win, so yes.

I have no problem with Tebow's enthusiasm for the game or his faith. Its 1 of the reasons players and people gravitate towards him. His sheer will to win is exciting to watch. If he was a good passer the rest of the league would be in trouble.

But he's not a good passer. The offensive schemes they use will more than likely be exposed. I hope it doesn't happen but it is what it is.

Eh, I think he can be substantially better than he is currently. I seriously doubt that Elway/Fox really wanted him to have the success he's had. They've certainly given him zero public support. The move to start him, I believe, was simply a tactic to shut up a vocal fanbase. And it has backfired big-time. Put him somewhere that has a coaching staff that believes in him and works with him, and he improves. Not sure about this nugget of wisdom that gets continually repeated that you "can't improve accuracy". Is that written as law somewhere? Are there studies that prove this? Is it based on this muscle memory theory, this thing that you have to spend 10,000 hours working on something to master it? If nothing else, Tebow strikes me as the type of unique driven individual who might just work hard enough to be the exception to this "rule" that a QB has certain skills that cannot be improved.

The way he plays qb differently is the problem. All those hits he takes are going to add up and eventually get him injured. And those intangibles run out at some point. Peyton can't always win in the 4th, Brady can't, no qb can always do it. Tebow wins mostly by coming back in the 4th. Don't misunderstand me, I like Tebow mostly for the way he acts off the field and for those intangibles, but I don't think that will carry him anywhere close to a Sb. Tebow reminds me a lot like Big Ben. Has a great defense the keeps it close and so he can win games. Big Ben can at least throw it though when he needs to for lots of yardage. If Tebow plays against any good qb he is going to get killed. Once he is losing by 10 or 14 early in the game, he won't be able to scratch and crawl his way out of it. If tebow could become a 60% completion passer he'd have a chance, but i don't think accuracy can be improved that much. I mean he has trouble against air.

Tebow tore up the NFL's minor league (SEC). Tebow has swept all of his rivals (AFCW) on the road this year. He has 8 touchdowns to 1 interception this year. A few 4th quarter comebacks.

Vince Young took over a team with Chris Johnson and a good defense that went 13-3 in 2008.

Tebow doesn't even throw as well as Vince Young.

That's a problem.

Look you want a qb that has a winning attitude and all the intangibles , chances are the Colts will have PM and Luck. Luck will have alot of what you like in Tebow plus a great arm.

Tebow tore up the NFL's minor league (SEC). Tebow has swept all of his rivals (AFCW) on the road this year. He has 8 touchdowns to 1 interception this year. A few 4th quarter comebacks.

and his team is scoring about 19 ppg when he starts. and there was the crazy win against oakland that inflates that statistic. Tebow hasn't played against a good offense except for one time, and in that game he got blown out and had turnovers. You need to score in this league to win. You need a d too in the playoffs which he has, but u also need to be able to score.

and his team is scoring about 19 ppg when he starts. and there was the crazy win against oakland that inflates that statistic. Tebow hasn't played against a good offense except for one time, and in that game he got blown out and had turnovers. You need to score in this league to win. You need a d too in the playoffs which he has, but u also need to be able to score.

That defense was pretty terrible before he took over.