Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is your work horse that does not get credit this year?

hambone35

I will say mine is between 2. First I think Vontae Davis has been lights out and doesn't get a lot of credit. Second Doyle has been sure handed and goes out there, and plays as a full back and opens holes for the rb's. Having said this it's a close call for me, my vote goes to Doyle.

I will say mine is between 2. First I think Vontae Davis has been lights out and doesn't get a lot of credit. Second Doyle has been sure handed and goes out there, and plays as a full back and opens holes for the rb's. Having said this it's a close call for me, my vote goes to Doyle.

Do you mean they don't get credit from the press or the fans because plenty of people on here have given praise to Vontae and Doyle.

Adams Doyle and Richardson all 3 don't get much love but keep making plays and all have been a big part of Indy's success this year . Adams has been great in coverage up in the box last I checked was one of the highest rated safety's  in the league .

Doyle has been all around great made every catch his blocking has been stellar he is really is a big part of what we do on offense even though it doesn't really show up on the stats .

Richardson has been running with purpose helping us keep the chains moving and our D rested

I have to give a shout out to Ricky Jean-Francois.  He's been playing incredibly well so far this year, especially in place of Art Jones.  He only has 2 sacks so far on the year but he's been in the backfield a lot getting stops in the run game and pressures in the passing game.  He's taken a lot of heat around these parts since the day he was signed but I think he's now showing what Pagano and Grigson saw in him that led to him being signed. :)

Costanzo has yet to allow a sack and I think he's only allowed a few hurries and a couple QB hits.  Considering we've played against Watt, Suggs, Von Miller/DeMarcus Ware and others I am pretty darn happy with how Luck has been protected, especially on his blind side.

Dwayne Allen has been a beast, he's scoring TDs a lot so he'll start getting some credit/publicity soon, I bet.

After Vontae's highlight reel tackle yesterday, I expect the announcers will start giving him some credit, too -- but both him and Toler have been playing great and you're not really hearing about either of them.  Adams and Brown have been playing extremely well at safety, too and have been getting very little notoriety.

Heck, our whole defense, really -- D'Qwell Jackson struggled in coverage the first 2 weeks, but he's improved there and he lets nothing by him as far as running goes -- very nice to have a sure tackler next to Freeman after last year.  Cory Redding and RJF are playing the best ball I've seen since they've been in Indy, Kerr and Hughes are playing very well, Werner has really stepped up his game, and even Walden looks like a new player this year.  Hopefully they keep their confidence high, because if we're healthy when A. Jones and D. Butler come back, this defense really has potential to be something special.

Even Reggie Wayne, he's on pace for 85+ catches and just about 1,000 yards.  Pretty darn good coming off injury at his age, and he's getting very little hype, especially with the number TY is putting up the past few weeks.

T-Rich and Bradshaw are pretty quietly performing as one of the best 1-2 RB combos in the league right now.

Really, outside of Luck and TY there are not many players on this team getting a lot of hype or notice.  This might be in part to our 0-2 start, but in the past 5 weeks we've been playing just as good as anyone and we're still not getting noticed.  Even Luck, he's leading the league in passing TDs, passing yards, and total TDs and still it seems like Russell Wilson, Manning, etc. are getting more hype.

Patty Mac has been lights out, too.  His punting and kicking off have made tremendous differences for us this year, but I doubt anyone in the media's ever going to give a lot of hype to a punter.

In all honesty, I think we've got a very good group of guys and not 1 in the locker room who is a 'me-first' player -- it seems like as long as we are winning all the guys are truly happy.  I kind of hope we keep ourselves under the radar and keep performing at a high level.

Thornton.  I think he showed yesterday how important a healthy Thornton is, especially to the run game.  I encourage anyone that has Game rewind (or has the game recorded) to go back and watch Thornton and how he absolutely explodes off the line.  it's like Thornton is already engaged with his defender and the rest of the line is finally starting to move.