Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting Stats after 7 games

GoColts00

With the Broncos & 49ers still left to finish their game since I'm writing @ 7:45pm CST....

Defense

Points Allowed                4th

Yards Allowed                4th

Pass Yards Allowed       6th

Rush Yards Allowed       9th

This Defense is now *officially* Top 10!

Offense

Points/Game      1st

Yards/Game      1st

Pass Yards        1st 

Rush Yards        12th

Our Pass offense has been great all season, but our Rush offense has become A Lot better.

Overall, the Colts are becoming what We the Fans have wanted for years. Great Offense, Great Defense, Great Special Teams.

Today against the Bengals our Fumbles allowed them to, somewhat, stay in the game. Our Offensive 3rd Down Efficiency sucked through much of the game. Their Defense was good, but our play was also sloppy at times. The Colts should have won by a Much larger point spread. We cannot fumble and go 3-and-out against better teams and come out with a win.

I'm amazed how often we are playing with the lead - every game after the opener (including Philly fiasco). No huge comebacks needed, though we all know we can if necessary.

This is the #1 reason, IMO, why our pass rush has looked so good.  Our DB's have been playing great coverage, and we know other teams are going to be passing when we start out with a commanding lead.

I've always said that Freeney and Mathis should be most thankful for Peyton Manning if they ever get into the HOF, as they played a majority of their career with an offense that put points on the board and allowed the defense to 'pin their ears back' and get after the QB.  If we can continue to play with a lead from the beginning, it will do wonders for Werner and our pass rush and allow our defense to start creating more turnovers.

Our D is a big reason why we got the big lead today as our offense took a while to get going, but it sure makes a difference for them when they can come out in the 2nd half with a lead and get to the QB.  I believe all 4 of our sacks were in the 2nd half today when the Bengals were pretty much in forced positions to throw.

While we won that game keep in mind the Bengals were playing without there top 2 WR and they have been a mess running the ball the whole season

I think Sanu is their 2nd WR behind Green.  But you are right, we should take into account that one of the NFL's top WRs was not playing in this game.  Our D still played excellent, but you have to wonder if Green was in there if they would've been able to get something going.

Marvin Jones hasn't played played all season

I know and he accounted for 10 of Daltons passing TD's and 712 of Daltons passing yards and 80 of his targets...Then take away Green and then well...., Ultimately what it comes down to is our 22 players we put out there beat there 22, Just wanted to give some perspective in my post

I know and he accounted for 10 of Daltons passing TD's and 712 of Daltons passing yards and 80 of his targets...Then take away Green and then well...., Ultimately what it comes down to is our 22 players we put out there beat there 22, Just wanted to give some perspective in my post

Aj green isn't worth 28 points. We would have won either way

http://forums.colts.com/topic/31733-is-this-the-most-complete-colt-team-youve-ever-seen/

LOL at those says the 03 - 09 colts were more complete in here

Points/Game      1st

Yards/Game      1st

Pass Yards        1st 

Rush Yards        12th

These are stats from a complete team not being near last in run D and O year in and out

http://forums.colts.com/topic/31733-is-this-the-most-complete-colt-team-youve-ever-seen/

LOL at those says the 03 - 09 colts were more complete in here

Points/Game      1st

Yards/Game      1st

Pass Yards        1st 

Rush Yards        12th

These are stats from a complete team not being near last in run D and O year in and out

Those are seasons that have already played out in seasons past....Not 7 games into a season