Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks/Rams blowout

amfootball

They definately have a SB hangover...and I think they got fooled by that SB win in remembering what their identity is....I think that was the whole Harvin trade was trying to do. They didn't need him to get there last year and they can still get back this year without him....that said I think there are some cracks in the armour as they aren't as deep as they were last year.

All that said this title may be a bit premature...they have plenty of ability to come back and the Rams have shown the ability to give up HUGE leads already this year.

It's a shame thedude couldn't be here with us tonight for the game :P

I'm telling you people the Rams may still win but RW will make a game of this by the end of it. Like him or not he is incredibly talented and he will find a way to put his team in position to win.

I believe I was punked on for proclaiming the Hawks to be inept if Wilson can't run all over the field. Take away his scrambling, and he is pedestrian at QB. 

He threw for 300+ today and ran for 100+ and had 2 TDs passing and 1 rushing TD and no picks. He was dominant and the only reason the Hawks were even in the game in the second half with a chance to win at the end.

Gosh, absolutely overrated Seattle D.

Maybe guys were right all along about the HGH testing.

Paper tigers on the road, Seattle D that is.

It's there CB's they have nobody that can cover anyone even Sherman is giving QB's over 100 passer rating .

He threw for 300+ today and ran for 100+ and had 2 TDs passing and 1 rushing TD and no picks. He was dominant and the only reason the Hawks were even in the game in the second half with a chance to win at the end.

I'm not all that sure you can call scoring 2 FG's in the first 41 minutes a "dominant " performance. Stats wise a wonderful game but some of those yards can be attributed to a pretty big SL lead. I didn't see much of the game to be honest , although I did see a crucial 3rd down pass being batted away. Guy is just so small. 

In any event , he's not a pedestrian QB by any stretch of the imagination and that's what you replied to. 

I'm not all that sure you can call scoring 2 FG's in the first 41 minutes a "dominant " performance. Stats wise a wonderful game but some of those yards can be attributed to a pretty big SL lead. I didn't see much of the game to be honest , although I did see a crucial 3rd down pass being batted away. Guy is just so small. 

In any event , he's not a pedestrian QB by any stretch of the imagination and that's what you replied to. 

Seattle was very inept the whole first half. Their defense has major issues this season. I think what Peyton did in the second half was a foreboding of things to come.

Wilson was the only guy that seemed to will the team back. Guy is an unbelievable competitor but you are right his size really does hurt him at times.

The fake punt by the Rams at the end was bold and brilliant. Had Wilson gotten the ball back, no doubt he leads them down for the winning FG.

Seattle was very inept the whole first half. Their defense has major issues this season. I think what Peyton did in the second half was a foreboding of things to come.

Wilson was the only guy that seemed to will the team back. Guy is an unbelievable competitor but you are right his size really does hurt him at times.

The fake punt by the Rams at the end was bold and brilliant. Had Wilson gotten the ball back, no doubt he leads them down for the winning FG.

Who would have ever guessed that ?

It's there CB's they have nobody that can cover anyone even Sherman is giving QB's over 100 passer rating .

Nope, it is their DL.

Avril and Bennett and the rest of the DL are not getting the same rush that they got last year. Plus, they lost 2 key guys on DL for depth but hey, Bennett got paid and needs to perform like it. But when you have to play more minutes and plays without quality depth on DL, everything else from run D to secondary coverage pays a price.

They added Kevin Williams to bolster run D, it worked for the first few games with outstanding numbers for run D but that guy is not young anymore, so he is a 2 down DL that does not generate pass rush and just defends the run and will wear down as the year goes on. No pocket push and teams are having good completions because QBs can step in while OTs funnel the DEs away.

That is exactly what is happening there.

Nope, it is their DL.

Avril and Bennett and the rest of the DL are not getting the same rush that they got last year. Plus, they lost 2 key guys on DL for depth but hey, Bennett got paid and needs to perform like it. But when you have to play more minutes and plays without quality depth on DL, everything else from run D to secondary coverage pays a price.

They added Kevin Williams to bolster run D, it worked for the first few games with outstanding numbers for run D but that guy is not young anymore, so he is a 2 down DL that does not generate pass rush and just defends the run and will wear down as the year goes on. No pocket push and teams are having good completions because QBs can step in while OTs funnel the DEs away.

That is exactly what is happening there.

There D is still getting after QB's 11 sacks just not getting coverage sacks anymore . D line is doing there job coverage was a big part of what they did it's bad enough they started moving Sherman around because they know there other CB's don't have a chance on number 1 receivers . They lost Browner and now there number 2 CB is injured so the bottom CB on our roster as there number 2 . Last year they were the best in pass defense now they are far from it 16th or so .

Putting it on the D Line is absurd

One of the toughest things in sports is to win when you are expected to win. Managing a team when they have success is so much harder than when they lose. The Hawks will be Ok I think but boy they did not show up at all in the first half yesterday. Wonder if the Harvin trade given the timing shell shocked them a bit.

I believe I was punked on for proclaiming the Hawks to be inept if Wilson can't run all over the field. Take away his scrambling, and he is pedestrian at QB. 

Wilson played a very good game. It was not him that caused the Hawks to lose. The point being is the QB gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.