Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone watching Irish vs FSU

D looking a lot better than the UNC game I was hoping that was a little bit of looking ahead. I think Stanford's 17 was most points we'd given up in a game before that UNC mess

Another TD would be nice. I'd pound them with the run now. Golson has to protect the ball make FSU beat us don't help them.

Just turned it on. Surprised about how bad FSU's offense is playing.

Irish D is young but have played well all year. Throw out UNC and the most points we have given up all year is 17 to Stanford.  We should be up more really dominated play in the first half hope it doesn't come back to haunt us.

FSU has looked bad because we are getting pressure on Winston. He struggles when his primary isn't there holds the ball to long. They only have 15 yards rushing that's the D taking care of business. Let's hope they can keep it up.

I don't agree with the refs again determining the outcome for such a major game, but the two receivers from ND, made it look way to obvious, in blocking before the pass..If they had just kept their hands down lower and just got in the way of the defenders, they wouldn't have been flagged, because the FSU defenders were right up in their face, and he still would have scored easily.

The call was right according to the rules, but there were worse non-calls throughout the game..the final play shouldn't determine the outcome, especially with #2 against #5.

It was like that the other week with the Oregon game. Oregon sacked Arizona on 4th deep in their own territory for a huge loss..one of the defenders bowed at midfield, and they called unsportsmanlike conduct, which allowed the Cats to score and win the game...

And now, in the pros, all the nonsense holding and illegal contacts being called on receivers...it just takes away from the game.

It was a great game to watch...I actually taped the Oregon game to watch the FSU game. Its a shame a classic like that was ruined in the end.

I don't agree with the refs again determining the outcome for such a major game, but the two receivers from ND, made it look way to obvious, in blocking before the pass..If they had just kept their hands down lower and just got in the way of the defenders, they wouldn't have been flagged, because the FSU defenders were right up in their face, and he still would have scored easily.

The call was right according to the rules, but there were worse non-calls throughout the game..the final play shouldn't determine the outcome, especially with #2 against #5.

It was like that the other week with the Oregon game. Oregon sacked Arizona on 4th deep in their own territory for a huge loss..one of the defenders bowed at midfield, and they called unsportsmanlike conduct, which allowed the Cats to score and win the game...

And now, in the pros, all the nonsense holding and illegal contacts being called on receivers...it just takes away from the game.

It was a great game to watch...I actually taped the Oregon game to watch the FSU game. Its a shame a classic like that was ruined in the end.

I disagree on the call. The FSU players were the ones who initiated contact (Playing press man). 

It sucks. I've been waiting two years to see the Irish knock off a top team. Roughest part is... I live in Florida, that's all I'm going to hear for the next week is "The Irish suck!"

They sure did not suck yesterday by any means. If anything, this road game could put them in the #4 seeding discussion down the road for the playoffs, IMO if teams in the #3-6 range stumble here and there.

A lot of Kelly's plays designed looked like professional play calling to me, the stacked bunches and releases, throws to the back of the pylon or end zone etc. and of course, Golson is not going to execute them like a Brees or Luck in college but Golson is getting the job done. ND's OL and blitz pickups came up short in key situations, which was a big reason Florida State won. It was irritating to see Jimbo Fisher talk about "us and how great and character filled we are", blah, blah, blah and not even once did he give credit to Notre Dame for playing their hearts out.

• 2 weeks later...

First off FSU has played NO ONE...      and they barely beat a ND team that has beat NO ONE.

Neither will be dancing come Dec 7.

this is how I see it playing out...   

Oregon    if they win out

Mich St OR Ohio ST if either wins out the BIG champion WILL get in.    And MSU and OSU are no joke.     

SEC champion   DUH, ESPN = SEC  they get AT least ONE.

and 4.....      This will be tough if all the above plays out.  If Kansas St wins out how do they keep them out?

thankfully the powers that be are not as delusional as most ND fans.... 

They sure did not suck yesterday by any means. If anything, this road game could put them in the #4 seeding discussion down the road for the playoffs, IMO if teams in the #3-6 range stumble here and there.

A lot of Kelly's plays designed looked like professional play calling to me, the stacked bunches and releases, throws to the back of the pylon or end zone etc. and of course, Golson is not going to execute them like a Brees or Luck in college but Golson is getting the job done. ND's OL and blitz pickups came up short in key situations, which was a big reason Florida State won. It was irritating to see Jimbo Fisher talk about "us and how great and character filled we are", blah, blah, blah and not even once did he give credit to Notre Dame for playing their hearts out.