Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2015 Fanspeak Colts Mock Drafts

29: R1P29

DE RANDY GREGORY

NEBRASKA

Expected to go in the top 5 picks but he fell to me so I took him.

61: R2P29

OLB HAUOLI KIKAHA

WASHINGTON

Good pass rusher who with Gregory, Newsome, Werner would be a talented but young and cheap foursome.

93: R3P29

OT JAKE FISHER

OREGON

Solidify the offensive line.

125: R4P29

CB ALEX CARTER

STANFORD

Coming from the same school as Richard Sherman, he's fell down the board and I've stopped the fall.

157: R5P29

CB RONALD DARBY

FLORIDA STATE

Speedy cornerback to fill the roster out. Carter and Darby would add talent to a thin position.

189: R6P29

ILB TREY DEPRIEST

ALABAMA

Coming from Alabama's 3-4 defense he should fit in quickly, leader and good tackler. Lacks overall athleticism but good back up and possible replacement for Jackson.

191: R6P31

S ANTHONY JEFFERSON

CALIFORNIA - LOS ANGELES

Needed a safety, best on the board.

219: R7P27

OLB MICHAEL ORAKPO

Coming from a footballing family, has the talent and the body but needs coaching.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted this in my mock scenario, but I figured I'd post it here to see what people think:

DT DANNY SHELTON
WASHINGTON
OLB HAUOLI KIKAHA
WASHINGTON
ILB HAYES PULLARD
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
OT ROB HAVENSTEIN
WISCONSIN
S ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE
RB KARLOS WILLIAMS
FLORIDA STATE
DT DARIUS PHILON
ARKANSAS
CB JUSTIN COLEMAN
TENNESSEE

If this happened, I would immediately be so happy. This would be followed by being in the depths of depression because I have to wait 5 months until football.

I really like this draft I just had.

DT DANNY SHELTON
WASHINGTON

CB JOSH SHAW
USC

OT JAKE FISHER
OREGON

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON

ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE

RB JOSH ROBINSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE

DT DERRICK LOTT
CHATTANOOGA

WR DAVARIS DANIELS
NOTRE DAME

1.  Denzel Perryman  ILB  Miami

2.  Ha'oli kikaha  OLB       Washington

3.  Buck Allen   RB           USC

4.  Kurtis  Drummond  FS  Michigan State

5.  Deion  Barnes  OLB   Penn State

6.  Brandon  Vitabile   OC  Northwestern

6.  James Castleman  NT  Oklahoma

7.  Raheem  Mostert  KR  Purdue

FA  Mike Iupati and Orlando Franklin

we could move  Mewhort to RT

This would plug a lot of holes.  The run game could be scary.

Perryman could be the physical presence this defense needs.  Kikaha would be a steal at 2

Allen is a physical one cut runner who can catch.

If Drummond falls to the 4th, he could be a great value.

1.  Denzel Perryman  ILB  Miami

2.  Ha'oli kikaha  OLB       Washington

3.  Buck Allen   RB           USC

4.  Kurtis  Drummond  FS  Michigan State

5.  Deion  Barnes  OLB   Penn State

6.  Brandon  Vitabile   OC  Northwestern

6.  James Castleman  NT  Oklahoma

7.  Raheem  Mostert  KR  Purdue

FA  Mike Iupati and Orlando Franklin

we could move  Mewhort to RT

This would plug a lot of holes.  The run game could be scary.

Perryman could be the physical presence this defense needs.  Kikaha would be a steal at 2

Allen is a physical one cut runner who can catch.

If Drummond falls to the 4th, he could be a great value.

I really like the idea of lupati Franklin and Mewhort

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT

DT CARL DAVIS

IOWA

S ANTHONY HARRIS

VIRGINIA

RB DAVID COBB

MINNESOTA

CB ERIC ROWE

UTAH

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY

CLEMSON

G BEN BECKWITH

MISSISSIPPI STATE

WR RANNELL HALL

UCF

RB KARLOS WILLIAMS

FLORIDA STATE

Last three picks BPA

DT DANNY SHELTON
WASHINGTON

RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
S CHRIS HACKETT
TCU
CB RONALD DARBY
FLORIDA STATE
G SHAQ MASON
GEORGIA TECH
WR RANNELL HALL
UCF
ILB TREY DEPRIEST
ALABAMA
DT JAMES CASTLEMAN
OKLAHOMA STATE

RB MELVIN GORDON

WISCONSIN

DT XAVIER COOPER

WASHINGTON STATE

DE TREY FLOWERS
ARKANSAS

OT DONOVAN SMITH
PENN STATE

ALI MAPET
HOBART

ANTHONY JEFFERSON
UCLA

CB DAMIAN SWANN
GEORGIA

WR ANDRE DAVIS
SOUTH FLORIDA

Time for another one.  They have updated the website with a lot more big boards.  I did this one using the Optimum Scouting big board:

OT JAKE FISHER
OREGON

Analysis: I'm surprised he fell so much.  He was ranked as the #8 prospect on the big board, but I got him at 29.  If he's there at 29, I'd be all for taking him.  He needs to add a bit of weight (he's 6'6", 300 lbs), and he's been penalized heavily, but I think he has the tools to be a very good tackle.  The raw talent is there, but he needs some good coaching to improve his technique and some work in the weight room.  He could be our RT of the future and we have our bookends set with Castonzo and Fisher.

CB ALEX CARTER
STANFORD

Analysis: He's big (6'0", 202 lbs), smart, and physical.  He could be a candidate to move to safety, but I would love to see what Pagano could do with this guy.

WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
OKLAHOMA

Analysis: I think the book on DGB is well-documented (if you want to read Dustin's analysis of him, it's here: http://forums.colts.com/topic/35452-scouting-profile-dorial-green-beckham-wr-missourioklahmoa/). He's drawn comparisons to Megatron, AJ Green, and a few other big name receivers.  He has the talent to be an elite receiver, but needs to stay out of trouble off the field.  If we can bring Reggie back for another year, perhaps his mentorship can really help DGB.

DE DANIELLE HUNTER
LSU

Analysis: He's listed as a DE, but would switch to OLB in our system because of his size (6'6", 240 lbs).  He's a very good athlete, but his sack production doesn't match what his athleticism shows.  However, he's shown himself to be a solid run defender.  Because he does have so much athleticism, I think his pass rushing ability could be developed with some good coaching.  If nothing else, he gives us a good run defender.

S DURRELL ESKRIDGE
SYRACUSE

Analysis: He's huge (6'3, 207 lbs). Unfortunately, that's kinda all he has going for him right now.  His technique needs work and many people are saying he should have stayed another year at Syracuse.  However, I think he has the raw ability to develop into a solid S, especially with a DB guru like Pagano showing him the ropes.

DT JOEY MBU
HOUSTON

Analysis: He plays hard to every whistle and gives it 100%.  He's got great character, too.  However, he isn't someone we could look to for pass rush up the middle.  He could set the edge as a 5-technique, but I think the best utilization of his abilities would be to take up blockers and let the linebackers clean up the plays.

G JAMON BROWN
LOUISVILLE

Analysis: He's a big body (6'6", 326 lbs) and he plays quicker than he does fast.  I think he has the raw ability to develop into a good guard.  However, it would need good coaching and patience.

RB ZACH ZENNER
SOUTH DAKOTA ST

Analysis: He's a hard-working, physical runner.  He doesn't dance much around the line of scrimmage.  Instead, he makes one cut and goes.  He could use some improvement in pass protection, but he's a high motor guy.

Overall analysis: I really like what I was able to get out of this draft.  There's a lot of talent here, but it will need some development.  Most of these guys won't make a big impact their rookie year, but I would be really excited to see how they do in years 2 and 3.  The theme here appears to be "talented, but raw and will need good coaching to develop".  However, I think the guys here are versatile, talented, and hard-working.  I would be really excited about the potential of this group

Time for another one.  They have updated the website with a lot more big boards.  I did this one using the Optimum Scouting big board:

OT JAKE FISHER

OREGON

Analysis: I'm surprised he fell so much.  He was ranked as the #8 prospect on the big board, but I got him at 29.  If he's there at 29, I'd be all for taking him.  He needs to add a bit of weight (he's 6'6", 300 lbs), and he's been penalized heavily, but I think he has the tools to be a very good tackle.  The raw talent is there, but he needs some good coaching to improve his technique and some work in the weight room.  He could be our RT of the future and we have our bookends set with Castonzo and Fisher.

CB ALEX CARTER

STANFORD

Analysis: He's big (6'0", 202 lbs), smart, and physical.  He could be a candidate to move to safety, but I would love to see what Pagano could do with this guy.

WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM

OKLAHOMA

Analysis: I think the book on DGB is well-documented (if you want to read Dustin's analysis of him, it's here: http://forums.colts.com/topic/35452-scouting-profile-dorial-green-beckham-wr-missourioklahmoa/). He's drawn comparisons to Megatron, AJ Green, and a few other big name receivers.  He has the talent to be an elite receiver, but needs to stay out of trouble off the field.  If we can bring Reggie back for another year, perhaps his mentorship can really help DGB.

DE DANIELLE HUNTER

LSU

Analysis: He's listed as a DE, but would switch to OLB in our system because of his size (6'6", 240 lbs).  He's a very good athlete, but his sack production doesn't match what his athleticism shows.  However, he's shown himself to be a solid run defender.  Because he does have so much athleticism, I think his pass rushing ability could be developed with some good coaching.  If nothing else, he gives us a good run defender.

S DURRELL ESKRIDGE

SYRACUSE

Analysis: He's huge (6'3, 207 lbs). Unfortunately, that's kinda all he has going for him right now.  His technique needs work and many people are saying he should have stayed another year at Syracuse.  However, I think he has the raw ability to develop into a solid S, especially with a DB guru like Pagano showing him the ropes.

DT JOEY MBU

HOUSTON

Analysis: He plays hard to every whistle and gives it 100%.  He's got great character, too.  However, he isn't someone we could look to for pass rush up the middle.  He could set the edge as a 5-technique, but I think the best utilization of his abilities would be to take up blockers and let the linebackers clean up the plays.

G JAMON BROWN

LOUISVILLE

Analysis: He's a big body (6'6", 326 lbs) and he plays quicker than he does fast.  I think he has the raw ability to develop into a good guard.  However, it would need good coaching and patience.

RB ZACH ZENNER

SOUTH DAKOTA ST

Analysis: He's a hard-working, physical runner.  He doesn't dance much around the line of scrimmage.  Instead, he makes one cut and goes.  He could use some improvement in pass protection, but he's a high motor guy.

Overall analysis: I really like what I was able to get out of this draft.  There's a lot of talent here, but it will need some development.  Most of these guys won't make a big impact their rookie year, but I would be really excited to see how they do in years 2 and 3.  The theme here appears to be "talented, but raw and will need good coaching to develop".  However, I think the guys here are versatile, talented, and hard-working.  I would be really excited about the potential of this group

I thought Mbu looked very nice out there. Going to have to go look at some tape. I also think you should put Stephone Anthony somewhere in that mock.

I thought my second time around was much better.

9: R1P29

OT JAKE FISHER
OREGON

TRE JACKSON
FLORIDA STATE

RB AMEER ABDULLAH
NEBRASKA
WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
OKLAHOMA

DT CHRISTIAN COVINGTON
RICE

BRANDON ALEXANDER
UCF

DE SHAQ RIDDICK
WEST VIRGINIA

OT BRETT BOYKO
UNLV

After the combine I'm going to make some big changes.  There are many OL I like such as:  Daryl Williams, Rob Haverstein, Jamil Douglas, Shaq Mason, and B.J Finney, but taking these guys in the first four rounds would be a reach because there is so much more value on defense  in the top half of the draft.  Considering we haven't made the adjustment to getting players who really fit our new D Scheme, we just have to load up on defense.

Trade down for a 2, and a 3.

2.  Hau'oli Kikaha  OLB  Washington  -  unblockable

2.  Stephone Anthony  ILB     Clemson    my upgrade of the D would start with our linebackers

3.  Henry Anderson  DE  Stanford   Athletic freak who can get off blocks.

3.  Adrian Amos   S  Penn State   - 

4. Doran Grant  CB   Ohio State -    I have no idea why this guy is ranked this low.  A steal.

5.  B.J  Finney   OC   Kansas State   Very reliable,  good depth for 5th

6.  Kenny Bell   WR   Nebraska

6.  James Castleman  DT  Oklahoma State

7.  Raheem Mostert  KR  Purdue.  Why not  Kid can burn and could be special teams weapon.

Bad news,  our O-line would still stink, but that would plug a whole lot of holes on the D, especially the front7.  I'm also having second thought about blowing big money on the interior OL in FA.  I'm a big trench guy, but I would still find patches until we can build the OL through the draft.  Be smart with the pocket book.

My latest attempt using the DraftTV big board:

OT LA’EL COLLINS
LSU

Analysis: He was ranked as the #8 prospect on the board and I got him at 29. I think people generally know a lot about him, as he's one of the bigger names among OL prospects.  He plays with a good mean streak.  I think he was a left tackle in college, but he would either be a RT or RG in Indy.  I think he could do both, but would be far better suited to RG because of some technique flaws.

G TRE' JACKSON
FLORIDA STATE

Analysis: I really like this pick.  He has great talent, but needs to work on conditioning and footwork.  Given what Pagano has been able to teach Davis about conditioning and taking care of your body, I think he can do the same with Jackson.

RB JAY AJAYI
BOISE STATE

Analysis: Dustin's analysis of him is available here: http://forums.colts.com/topic/35274-scouting-profile-jay-ajayi-rb-boise-state/. He's drawn some comparisons to Marshawn Lynch because of his physical running style and his size.  He could be the bowling ball of butcher knives we were hoping to get with Trent.  He can also catch the ball out of the backfield, so I think he could immediately become our starter or even split reps pretty evenly with Herron until he gets more acclimated to the pro game.

CB BYRON JONES
UCONN

Analysis: He's blown up the Combine, even setting a new world record in the broad jump.  He's extremely explosive and has all kinds of athletic talent.  He's smart and has good character.  I think he has all kinds of physical tools, but he's raw.  I would love to see what Pagano can do with him.

DE CJ OLANIYAN
PENN STATE

Analysis: He's a very aggressive and relentless player.  He's listed as DE, but would have to switch to OLB in our system.  I took him mostly of the strength of his motor and aggression.

DE DANIELLE HUNTER
LSU

Analysis given in previous mock

WR AUSTIN HILL
ARIZONA

Analysis:  Not only did he tear his ACL in spring of 2013, but there are reports that it's been slow to heal and still isn't completely healed, even though it's been almost 2 years.  When a guy does through adversity like that, I think it motivates him to work harder.  I like his size at 6'3", 210 lbs, but his route running and ability to get separation needs to be improved.  I think he's worth a late round pick; give him an opportunity and possibly a mentor in Reggie Wayne and see what he can do.  If he develops, great.  If not, no big loss.

S ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE
Analysis: He comes across to me as a very Seattle-esque DB.  He's pretty big (6'0" 218 lbs), is very intelligent, and loves to watch tape.  His coverage skills are also pretty good.  However, he is not a guy you would want to put in the box.  I have no problem taking a guy like that.

UNDRAFTED:

S IBRAHEIM CAMPBELL

NORTHWESTERN

Analysis: The drafting app doesn't have an undrafted section, but I noticed Campbell was still there after the last pick.  He's a very physical player with some decent coverage ability.  He would probably start on special teams, but I think he could develop into a solid starter.

Overall analysis:  I like the talent I got in this draft.  I was a little iffy on taking Jackson in the 2nd round since I project Collins to be a guard and I project the same for Jackson, but I couldn't pass on the talent.  I took 3 DBs in this draft, all of whom are raw in some respect.  After seeing what Pagano has been able to do with Vontae, I've had no problem taking raw DB prospects.  I like the talent, but I think the coaches would have to do some thinking about where each guy fits

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT

OLB VIC BEASLEY

CLEMSON

DT JORDAN PHILLIPS

OKLAHOMA

CB JALEN COLLINS

LOUISIANA STATE

RB MIKE DAVIS

SOUTH CAROLINA

S ADRIAN AMOS

PENN STATE

WR CHRIS CONLEY

GEORGIA

OT D.J. HUMPHRIES

FLORIDA

RB MARCUS MURPHY

MISSOURI

I am going to do a FULL NFL round 1 mock then do the rest of the colts picks.

1. Tampa Bay- Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State                                                  INDIANAPOLIS MOCK DRAFT                       

2. Tennessee- Leonard Williams, DT, USC                                                              R1) Eli Harold, DE/OLB, Virginia                 

3. Jacksonville- Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida                                                       R2) Laken Tomlison, OG, Duke

4. Oakland- Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama                                                                R3) Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State

5. Washington- Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, Nebraska                                                R4) Austin Hill, WR, Arizona     

6. NY Jets- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon                                                                 R5) David Cobb, RB, Minnesota

7. Chicago- Danny Shelton, NT, Washington                                                            R6) Joey Mbu, NT, Houston

8. Atlanta- Shane Ray, OLB, Missouri                                                                       R6) Taiwan Jones, ILB, Michigan St.

9. NY Giants- Brandon Schreff, OT/OG, Iowa                                                           R7) Sam Carter, S, TCU

10. St. Louis- Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

11. Minnesota- Devante Parker, WR, Louisville

12. Cleveland- Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

13. New Orleans- Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

14. Miami- Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St.

15. San Francisco- Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona St.

16. Houston- La'el Collins, OT/OG, LSU

17. San Diego- Cameron Erving, C, Florida State

18. Kansas City- Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri

19. Cleveland- Arik Armstead, DL, Oregon

20. Philadelphia- Landon Collins, SS, Alabama

21. Cincinnati- Alvin Dupree, DE/OLB, Kentucky

22. Pittsburgh- Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

23. Detroit- Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State

24. Arizona- Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

25. Carolina- Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State

26. Baltimore- Todd Gurley, RB Georgia

27. Dallas- Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

28. Denver- Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota

29. Indianapolis- Eli Harold, DE/OLB, Virginia

30. Green Bay- Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma

31. Seattle- PJ Williams, CB, Florida State

32. New England- Shaq Thompson, LB/S, Washington

I am going to do a FULL NFL round 1 mock then do the rest of the colts picks.

1. Tampa Bay- Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State                                                  INDIANAPOLIS MOCK DRAFT                       

2. Tennessee- Leonard Williams, DT, USC                                                              R1) Eli Harold, DE/OLB, Virginia                 

3. Jacksonville- Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida                                                       R2) Laken Tomlison, OG, Duke

4. Oakland- Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama                                                                R3) Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State

5. Washington- Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, Nebraska                                                R4) Austin Hill, WR, Arizona     

6. NY Jets- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon                                                                 R5) David Cobb, RB, Minnesota

7. Chicago- Danny Shelton, NT, Washington                                                            R6) Joey Mbu, NT, Houston

8. Atlanta- Shane Ray, OLB, Missouri                                                                       R6) Taiwan Jones, ILB, Michigan St.

9. NY Giants- Brandon Schreff, OT/OG, Iowa                                                           R7) Sam Carter, S, TCU

10. St. Louis- Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

11. Minnesota- Devante Parker, WR, Louisville

12. Cleveland- Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

13. New Orleans- Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

14. Miami- Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St.

15. San Francisco- Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona St.

16. Houston- La'el Collins, OT/OG, LSU

17. San Diego- Cameron Erving, C, Florida State

18. Kansas City- Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri

19. Cleveland- Arik Armstead, DL, Oregon

20. Philadelphia- Landon Collins, SS, Alabama

21. Cincinnati- Alvin Dupree, DE/OLB, Kentucky

22. Pittsburgh- Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

23. Detroit- Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State

24. Arizona- Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

25. Carolina- Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State

26. Baltimore- Todd Gurley, RB Georgia

27. Dallas- Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

28. Denver- Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota

29. Indianapolis- Eli Harold, DE/OLB, Virginia

30. Green Bay- Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma

31. Seattle- PJ Williams, CB, Florida State

32. New England- Shaq Thompson, LB/S, Washington

The Colts would not pass over Jordan Phillips if he was there.

I'm going for the extreme trade down model.  In the top part of the draft, unless you want a CB or a WR, you might as well just get more picks. 

#1  = SD 2 &3

#2 = Min 3 &4

SD #2  = NO 3 &4

3.  Henry Anderson DE Stanford

3.  Tyler Lockett  WR

3.  Jeremy Langford  RB  MSU

3.  Doran Grant  CB  OSU

4.  Anthony Harris  S

4.  Kurtis Drummond S

4.  Rob Haverstein  OT 

5.  B. J. Finney  OC

FA  Pernell McPhee

Dan Williams

Rodney Hudson

I wouldn't throw money at Franklin or Iupati.  I'm tired of 2nd rate OL who can't run&pass block.  Be patient, draft an athlete.  At least we could fix the center problem. In FA, get a NT and a C then add Mcphee and draft Anderson to go with Arthur Jones

I'm going for the extreme trade down model.  In the top part of the draft, unless you want a CB or a WR, you might as well just get more picks. 

#1  = SD 2 &3

#2 = Min 3 &4

SD #2  = NO 3 &4

3.  Henry Anderson DE Stanford

3.  Tyler Lockett  WR

3.  Jeremy Langford  RB  MSU

3.  Doran Grant  CB  OSU

4.  Anthony Harris  S

4.  Kurtis Drummond S

4.  Rob Haverstein  OT 

5.  B. J. Finney  OC

FA  Pernell McPhee

Dan Williams

Rodney Hudson

I wouldn't throw money at Franklin or Iupati.  I'm tired of 2nd rate OL who can't run&pass block.  Be patient, draft an athlete.  At least we could fix the center problem. In FA, get a NT and a C then add Mcphee and draft Anderson to go with Arthur Jones

What happened to our 6th round picks lol? And 7th for that matter.

What happened to our 6th round picks lol? And 7th for that matter.

To be honest, I have no idea who to get after the fifth round.  I don't really have any gems or sleepers.  I'll have to wait till I get some draft mags.  I know some people are high on James Castleman DT, but he weighed in at under 310.   Is he the next Kelly Gragg? Purdue's Mostert could be interesting if we keep a spot for KR only.  I also like the WR out of Nebraska, Kenny Bell. 

One of my my favorite Grigson late round picks is Ulrick John.  He looked fantastic in preseason.  I have high hopes that he will be a quality backup for years.

1. Eddie Goldman pair him with fairley or langford and suddenly or rush defense improves signifcantly

2. Denzel peryman- Jackson gets cut with freeman  and perryman the starting linebackers. perryman can tackle , cover ,great in run sport and is enforcer at ilb

3. Cody prewitt - i have colts sign gipson from browns , colts resigns adams as prewitt redshirts for a year or two

4. David Cobb -

5.Henry Anderson

6 rob havestein

6 jake ryan

7james castlemen

• 2 weeks later...

FA Day 1 (Gore RB, Cole DE, Herreman G, Butler CB, Johnson WR?)

RD1: Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE or Cameron Erving C

RD2: Donovan Smith ROT or Tyler Lockett WR or Phillip Dorsett WR

RD3: Reece Dismukes C or Rob Havenstein ROT

RD4: Javorius Allen RB or Maxx Valles ILB

RD5: Kurtis Drummond or Eskridge or Cox or Campbell FS

*RD6: Isaiah Johnson SS

*RD6: BPA...*Trade to move up and grab.

RD7: BPA...

I'd be pretty stoked if the board fell this way.

DE ARIK ARMSTEAD

OREGON

ANTHONY HARRIS

VIRGINIA

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY

CLEMSON

CB SENQUEZ GOLSON

MISSISSIPPI

RB JOSH ROBINSON

MISSISSIPPI STATE

OT TYRUS THOMPSON

OKLAHOMA

BEN BECKWITH

MISSISSIPPI STATE

Latest mock using the Drafttek big board:

OT ANDRUS PEAT
STANFORD

Analysis: He's one of the top rated OT prospects and he was available at 29.  With him and Castonzo, I think we have our bookend tackles for the next several years.  He might be good enough to force us to move Castonzo to the right side if he develops well.

ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY
MISSISSIPPI ST

Analysis: One of the better ILB prospects available.  He was atop the rankings when I picked and he fills a need.

CB RONALD DARBY
FLORIDA ST

Analysis: This guy has speed and then some.  He's pretty solid in coverage, but his run defense is lacking, so he'll definitely need to add some muscle and work on his tackling.

RB DAVID COBB
MINNESOTA

Analysis: He's a tough runner.  Most of his yards came after contact, so you know he'll fight hard each run.  Pass catching and pass protection are a little iffy, but if he could sit and learn from Frank Gore for a couple years, he could really develop well.

DT LETERRIUS WALTON
NORTHERN IOWA

Analysis: He's strong and his stock is gaining steam.  He's slowly creeping up draft boards.  He's played basketball and baseball, so you know he's athletic with good hands and feet.  He also used to be an offensive lineman.  NFL.com compares him to RJF, so it would be nice if we could get an RJF-type player on a rookie deal and try to develop him.

DE BRIAN MIHALIK
BOSTON COLLEGE

Analysis: He's a hard-working, long player with a good motor.  To me, he comes across as a really poor man's JJ Watt.

S CLAYTON GEATHERS
CENTRAL FLORIDA

Analysis: His coverage skills are a little iffy, but he's not afraid to hit someone.  He plays physically and can be a pretty good in-the-box safety.  He could contribute immediately on special teams.

CB BYRON JONES
CONNECTICUT

Overall analysis: Note the strong emphasis on defense. We've made plenty of big splashes on the offensive side of the ball in free agency, so I think we focus on defense more in the draft.  I like the talent I was able to get here.  I don't like how we still have a gaping hole at safety, but perhaps Darby could log some time there in the preseason or training camp and it might turn out well?  Alternatively, there's still time in free agency to sign another safety.  Overall, I like the talent this group brings.  The later guys need some development to become more complete players (as usual with any draft), but I think the potential is there

My post FA attempt. I'm not quite sure how Gurley fell to the second round.

DT JORDAN PHILLIPS
OKLAHOMA

RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA

DT GABE WRIGHT
AUBURN

CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU
OREGON

DE COREY CRAWFORD
CLEMSON

ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE

OT TYRUS THOMPSON
OKLAHOMA

ILB CURTIS GRANT
OHIO STATE

So this is with the Drafttek big board. A ton of picks were highly questionable and I really wanted to grab an OT but the value was never there...

DT JORDAN PHILLIPS

OKLAHOMA

I really like this pick if it lands. Strong presence in the middle who can shift to either end spot.

ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY

MISSISSIPPI ST

I'm torn on this... I wanted Perryman. So bad... but he and Kendricks were gone in the first before I picked and Mckinney seems like high value here as we need Athleticism in our LB corps.

CB RONALD DARBY

FLORIDA ST

Again the value here is outstanding. Physical specimen with some big game experience at FSU. I couldn't pass the chance at grabbing a potential #2 corner in the 3rd.

S JAQUISKI TARTT

SAMFORD

I consider this value. Tartt has been one of my safeties aside from Holliman That I see as NFL material. I have some partial worry for man coverage ability but I think he can be not only a box safety but play "limited" in space.

OLB TONY WASHINGTON

OREGON

ok... so I didn't expect Washington here. in comparison to what was left I saw Washington as a bigger value than the receivers and Gaurds that were available.

RB MALCOLM BROWN

TEXAS

Big grinder back. I'm assuming we start the year with Gore/Boom getting the most carries and to give Gore some rest before playoffs we can use Brown for some straight line running.

S CLAYTON GEATHERS

CENTRAL FLORIDA

A box safety that is a tad raw. Special teams player until he can learn to play with some patience and work on play recognition.

DT LOUIS TRINCA-PASAT

IOWA

I see this guy as a DE. Size may be a worry but motor isn't. Guys like this work their tale off to make rosters and I hope this guy can do that.

I figured I'd give this another shot:

DT EDDIE GOLDMAN
FLORIDA STATE
RB JAY AJAYI
BOISE STATE
OT CEDRIC OGBUEHI
TEXAS A&M
S CLAYTON GEATHERS
UCF
ILB HAYES PULLARD
USC
S ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE
OT TYRUS THOMPSON
OKLAHOMA
CB JUSTIN COLEMAN
TENNESSEE

I don't like that I ended up doubling upon tackles (I'm fine doubling up on safeties), but they were the best players available (in my eyes).  I'll admit that I'm targeting Geathers and Pullard.

I'm getting addicted lol  too fun!

ILB ERIC KENDRICKS
UCLA

CB RONALD DARBY
FLORIDA STATE

WR TONY LIPPETT
MICHIGAN STATE

JAQUISKI TARTT
SAMFORD

DT XAVIER WILLIAMS
NORTHERN IOWA

OLB TONY WASHINGTON
OREGON

ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE

RB ZACH ZENNER
SOUTH DATOKA STATE

Our Colts need to consider Adam Vinatieri's replacement. Next year one of the best kickers to come out for a long time will be Robert Aguayo who is projected to be one of the rare top day 2 picks.

What would it take for our Colts to gain an additional 2016 Round 2 pick?

Do we trade a current player (Bjorn Werner 2013 Round 1 pick) for a late 2015 selection (Round 4 or 5) and command a 2016 Round 2 pick.

Or trade out of Round 1 this year drop back gaining early Round 2 and command 2016 Round 2 pick...

2015 Draft

29) FS Cody Prewitt (works also early Round 2 trade)

61) DB Bryan Jones (world record in combine)

93) RB Jeremy Langford (career collegiate stats but quit behind other noted backs from Big 10)

125) ILB Taiwan Jones (3/4 LB)

157) QB Sean Mannion (future back up or trade bait with upside)

189) SS Clayton Geathers (better against run but need immediate depth)

191) C Andy Galik or OT Corey Robinson (OL backups)

219) OG/C Miles Dieffenbach or DT Derrick Lott (backups with upside. Semi stars got injured)

1.  Eric Kendricks

2.  Haoli Kikaha

3.  Henry Anderson

4.  B.J. Finney

5.  Ben Heeney

6.  Kenny Bell

6.  Jake Ryan

If Kendricks isn't there, and if nobody drops at a position we need, I'd trade down and pick up an offensive tackle like Daryl Williams or Donovan Smith.  Kikaha is just plain productive.  Looks better on the field than in drills.  Unreal hand use.  Heeney is one mean little dude.  Active, great instincts, hits like a truck.  I have no idea why Kenny Bell gets no respect.  Makes plays in every game you watch.  I'd take him as high as the 4th.  Jake Ryan is an above average athlete with great instincts.

Imagine   Mathis  Irving  Kendricks  Walden

with Kikaha, and Cole as backups. 

Our secondary would salivate for that kind of pressure.

Throw in Anderson and Langford at the DE spots with A. Jones, and the front seven looks a lot scarier. 

DE ARIK ARMSTEAD

OREGON

RB JAY AJAYI

BOISE STATE

GEROD HOLLIMAN

LOUISVILLE

CB DORAN GRANT

OHIO STATE

CB NICK MARSHALL

AUBURN

DT TYELER DAVISON

FRESNO STATE

WR TY MONTGOMERY

STANFORD

DE SHAQUILLE RIDDICK

WVU

Latest attempt using the Composite big board:

ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY
MISSISSIPPI STATE

CB QUINTEN ROLLINS
MIAMI (OHIO)

Analysis: A former basketball player, he has great feet and athletic ability (though his long sprints leave something to be desired).  He needs some technique work, but the raw ability is there.  Work your magic, Pagano!

OT DARYL WILLIAMS
OKLAHOMA

Analysis: He isn't as you'd like from a tackle, but he plays aggressively and gives it his all.  He's very physical and has an intense mean streak.  He also has a great work ethic.  Because his athleticism isn't so great, he could move inside to guard.  That would give us 2 guards with really good mean streaks in Mewhort and Williams.  If Williams can work on his footwork and athleticism, he could be a very good RT.

RB DAVID COBB
MINNESOTA

DT CHRISTIAN COVINGTON
RICE

Analysis: He dislocated his kneecap and missed nearly all of last year because of it.  He has talent, but it all depends on how his knee has healed.

S IBRAHEIM CAMPBELL
NORTHWESTERN

ILB TAIWAN JONES
MICHIGAN STATE

Analysis: He's played ILB and OLB, so he can do both.  He's a very physical and aggressive player who seeks contact and loves to hit, and he's a good leader.  His coverage skills leave something to be desired.  At worst, we have a guy who can be a monster on special teams and maybe log some playing time on first and second down.

OLB DAVIS TULL
CHATTANOOGA
Analysis: He's another guy who uses intangibles to win.  He's tough and intelligent with decent athleticism/footwork and a very hard worker.  If he adds some weight (currently listed at 246 lbs), he could be a solid addition to our linebackers.

Overall analysis: As you can see, I went hard at the defense on this draft.  I would have liked to get another defensive line prospect, but I like the talent here.  I took a few guys based on their toughness, physicality, and aggressiveness.  I think these guys would all be solid additions and could contribute on offense, defense, or special teams (with the exception of Covington who may need some time to heal up from his knee injury).  The talent here is also a little dependent on coaches being able to maximize the potential of the players.  There aren't many polished products here, but with good coaching, these guys could all develop into solid contributors.

ILB ERIC KENDRICKS

UCLA

DT XAVIER COOPER

WASHINGTON STATE

RB TEVIN COLEMAN

INDIANA

CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU

OREGON

S DAMARIOUS RANDALL

ARIZONA STATE

WR TY MONTGOMERY

STANFORD

RB JOHN CROCKETT

NORTH DAKOTA STATE

DE SHAQUILLE RIDDICK

WVU

SO this draft came out awesome!

ILB ERIC KENDRICKS
UCLA

DT CARL DAVIS
IOWA

CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU
OREGON
128: R4P29

OT TY SAMBRAILO
COLORADO STATE
165: R5P29

CHRIS HACKETT
TCU
204: R6P29

DT LOUIS TRINCA-PASAT
IOWA
206: R6P31

RB MALCOLM BROWN
TEXAS
244: R7P27

CLAYTON GEATHERS
UCF
255: R7P38

ERICK DARGAN
OREGON

Rd.1 Eric kendricks, ucla

Rd.2 Quinten Rollins, Miami (ohio)

Rd.3 Jaquiski Tartt, Samford

Rd.4 Tony Lippet, Michigan state

Rd.5 Josh Robinson,Mississippi state

Rd.6 Tony Washington, Michigan state

Rd.6 Austin Hill,Arizona

Rd.7 Clayton Feathers UCF

Rd.7 Justin Coleman, Tennessee

This is what I managed to get on a fanspeak mock draft I just did:

26: R1P26

OLB SHAQ THOMPSON

WASHINGTON

58: R2P26

OT CAMERON ERVING

FLORIDA STATE

90: R3P26

S JORDAN RICHARDS

STANFORD

122: R4P26

RB JAVORIUS ALLEN

USC

154: R5P26

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY

CLEMSON

176: R6P16

WR LEVI NORWOOD

BAYLOR

186: R6P26

CB LADARIUS GUNTER

MIAMI

CB KEVIN WHITE

TCU

Moving the chains on Sirius just did their mock draft. Shaq Thompson in the first round to the colts.

YOUR PICKS

1: R1P29

DT DANNY SHELTON

WASHINGTON

2: R2P29

DERRON SMITH

FRESNO STATE

3: R3P29

CB RONALD DARBY

FLORIDA STATE

4: R4P29

RB AMEER ABDULLAH

NEBRASKA

5: R5P29

OT TYRUS THOMPSON

OKLAHOMA

6: R6P29

ADAM SHEAD

OKLAHOMA

Froze right here :/

1st Michael Bennett DL Ohio State 

2nd Ronald Darby CB FSU 

3rd David Cobb RB Minnesota 

4th Gerod Holliman FS Louisville 

5th Corey Robinson OT South Carolina 

6th Ryan Russell DE Purdue 

6th Anthony Jefferson S UCLA

7th Jeff Luc ILB Cincinnati 

7th Michael Orakpo OLB Texas State

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a mock I just completed on Fanspeak using CBS Sports' draft list.  I think I did OK, let me know what you guys think.  Now, don't say the picks won't be where they were drafted as they were in this version of draft.  Let me know what you think of the players.  Thanks guys.

CB TRAE WAYNES
MICHIGAN STATE
CB JALEN COLLINS
LSU
S DERRON SMITH
FRESNO STATE
128: R4P29
RB MIKE DAVIS
SOUTH CAROLINA