Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2015 Fanspeak Colts Mock Drafts

Regular Season Over: 11-5 Draft

1. Collins ROT/G LSU or BENARDRICK MCKINNEY ILB MSU

2. Greene WR or Agholor WR or Parker WR or Coates WR or Strong WR (Somebody WR)

3. Za'Darius Smith or Alvin Dupree UK OLB/DE or Josue Matias FSU G

4. Michael Dyer or Javorious Allen USC RB

5. Defense BPA

6. Defense BPA

Defense Needs: Free Agency. Suh DT...Claiborne CB...or similar player(s)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26: R1P26
OT LA'EL COLLINS
LSU
57: R2P25
DE ALVIN DUPREE
KENTUCKY
91: R3P27
S ANTHONY HARRIS
VIRGINIA
122: R4P26
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
153: R5P25
CB KEVIN WHITE
TCU
187: R6P27
C B.J. FINNEY
KANSAS STATE
192: R6P32
OT AUSTIN SHEPHERD
ALABAMA
220: R7P28
OLB JAMES VAUGHTERS
STANFORD

I started guessing at round 6 but I LOVE round 1-5, the only thing I missed on was not getting a solid ILB :(

1.  Hau'oli Kikaha  OLB  Washington    I saw this kid abuse Arizona.  He doesn't just beat up cupcakes.  What impressed me the most is his hand use.  The OTs were helpless.  Motor, athlete, skills.

2.  Malcolm Brown  NT  Texas  I guess finding run stoppers isn't as easy as we thought. 

3.  Shaq  Mason  OC/OG Georgia Tech  ultra athletic   great depth, maybe future starter

4.  Javorius Allen  RB  USC   doubt he falls this far,  would do backflips

5.  Kevin White CB  TCU   munchkin, but could play slot.

FA

just go for two,  make them both guards.

Mike Iupati - please pay this guy- it would be worth it.

Dan Connelly.  He would be a nice left guard so Mewhort could move to RT.

Extend Luck, Hilton, and Castonzo

Resign -

Darius Butler

Cory Redding - the big guy is still getting it done.  sometimes bigs can last a long time

Mike Adams 

Boom Herron  -  the only good running back we have - Bradshaw is awesome, but can't stay healthy

Jerrell Freeman

Resign if cheap

Sergio Brown

Andy Studebaker

OT RONNIE STANLEY
NOTRE DAME
RB DUKE JOHNSON
MIAMI
DE HAUOLI KIKAHA
WASHINGTON
WR SAMMIE COATES
AUBURN
G JARVIS HARRISON
TEXAS A&M
DT BRANDON IVORY
ALABAMA
CB DESHAZOR EVERETT
TEXAS A&M
S DANIEL FITZPATRICK
TENNESSEE STATE

How could this possibly happen? I had no intentions of taking a WR at #26....but Amari Cooper? Yes I would.

Plus pass-rusher Mauldin in the 2nd? LOL

WR AMARI COOPER
ALABAMA

DE LORENZO MAULDIN
LOUISVILLE
S DERRON SMITH
FRESNO STATE
RB JAVORIUS ALLEN
USC
DT LUTHER MADDY
VIRGINIA TECH
CB BYRON JONES
CONNECTICUT
OT AUSTIN SHEPHERD
ALABAMA
OT ROB HAVENSTEIN
WISCONSIN

DT ARIK ARMSTEAD
OREGON

S DERRON SMITH
FRESNO STATE
WR RASHAD GREENE
FLORIDA STATE
RB JEREMY LANGFORD
MICHIGAN STATE
CB BYRON JONES
CONNECTICUT
S ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE
OT TYRUS THOMPSON
OKLAHOMA
DE NOAH SPENCE
OHIO STATE

This would be a dream come true draft. You get a replacement to Cory Redding in Armstead. Then a great safety in Smith. Rashad Greene was BPA and ended up fitting a need. Byron Jones is the future replacement to Toler and provides depth. Amos is very talented and he and Smith could be the safeties of the future. Tyrus Thompson gives you O-line depth, and Spence gets a chance at redemption. No ILB because I have us getting A.J. Johnson or Bryce Hager as UDFAs.

Just for giggles, I traded our 2015 1st, 2016 1st and a 2015 5th pick to move up and snag Landon Collins.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (MIA): Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 27: Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon (A)
Round 3 Pick 27: Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 27: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A-)
Round 6 Pick 27: Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma (B)
Round 6 Pick 31: Josh Shaw, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 7 Pick 28: Xavier Williams, DT, Northern Iowa (B+)

Round 1 Pick 27: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 2 Pick 27: 
Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA (A)
Round 3 Pick 27: 
Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A-)
Round 4 Pick 27: 
Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A)
Round 5 Pick 27: 
Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (A-)
Round 6 Pick 27: 
Deontay Greenberry, WR, Houston (A)
Round 6 Pick 31: 
Dechane Durante, FS, Northern Illinois (B)
Round 7 Pick 28: 
Dominique Brown, RB, Louisville (A)

I really like it because it gives us O-line and defense help. I started guessing on the last two picks, but for everything else I was really happy with. 

27: R1P27  

ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY

MISSISSIPPI STATE

Analysis: McKinney looks to be the most versatile of the top ILB prospects this year. Measuring in at 6’5”, 260lbs and showing the ability to rush the passer, stop the run and drop back in coverage he looks the type of player to build a defense around. Tight ends tore us up this year and seeing as Gronkowski will be around for a while, McKinney is big enough to not be considered a mismatch.

59: R2P27  

C CAMERON ERVING

FLORIDA STATE

Analysis: Erving was converted to a center from a tackle at FSU and a lineman with great versatility would be very valuable to us. If Shipley doesn't work out at center, Erving is a great replacement but if Shipley does pan out, we still have a great tackle. Erving has shown to be very athletic especially for someone of his stature.

RB TODD GURLEY

GEORGIA

Analysis: Gurley at this position is the draft was a must-pick for me, purely due to his potential. He averaged more than 7 yards a carry and has shown to have that extra gear to turn a long gain into touchdowns as well as the acceleration to make it through the line. I feel that ACL injuries are worried about too much, players such as Peterson and Maclin have had career years after the same injury. Let’s be real, Bradshaw really can’t stay healthy and Boom is a decent running back but nothing compared to what Gurley could be.

123: R4P27  

WR SAMMIE COATES

AUBURN

Analysis: Coates has always been an impressive receiver to me and at this position in the draft also has very good value. He’s a good size target at 6’2” and about 200lbs and also could be a decent help on run blocking. Not much else to say on him.

155: R5P27  

CB JOSH SHAW

USC

Analysis: This may be a little early in the draft to gamble on Josh Shaw but before his lie, Kiper Jr. had him as the number one cornerback in the draft. It seems every player has character issues and there are players who are being picked in the first round (Winston) who have had similar issues but their stock has not been affected nearly as much. He was the captain of the USC defense, sign him up.

S SAM CARTER

TCU

Analysis: I saw a Bleacher Report article that actually has Carter as their number one S prospect, anyone who is valued that high that we can get in the 6th round sounds good to me. Looking at some of his tape, he looks like a ball hawk, he has made some great interceptions during his time at TCU. Also, that TCU defense was pretty fantastic this year. 

OT JAMON BROWN

LOUISVILLE

Analysis: Jamon Brown is someone who has interested for me for a while. He has sized down slightly from 350lbs to 320lbs however, he is still is physical beast. His power is spread throughout his frame, and could have a great effect on the run game. Scouts have said he will probably transition to a guard when he enters the NFL, so he would fill into our guard spot nicely.

DE COREY CRAWFORD

CLEMSON

Analysis: While Fanspeak has our top need as DE, I feel that with Mathis coming back this year and with the way the line has performed that we may be okay picking a DE this late. Corey Crawford is listed as a 5th round pick on many sites and looked pretty solid on Clemson this year with many TFLs and penetrated offensive lines well. I feel like this pick is great value again.

This draft looks to fill all the needs of our team, except a backup QB even though Hasselback should have a couple years left. We could probably pick one up through free agency. However I still feel like we should try our hardest to sign Lupati to help get some experience on our line. 

Any comments are welcome.

Can't believe that my mock shook down like this.  Feel like i scored 2 of the top 15 prospects in Collins and Dupree.  Gurley and Coates are toys for Luck and are top 50 prospects as well.  Was trying to target ILB in round 5 but the talent dropped off.  Instead I grabbed Odighizuwa which gives us another 3-4 pass rusher to play with.  Filled out the rest of the draft with guys I think have interesting upside.

27: R1P27
S LANDON COLLINS
ALABAMA
59: R2P27
DE ALVIN DUPREE
KENTUCKY
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
123: R4P27
WR SAMMIE COATES
AUBURN
155: R5P27
DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA
UCLA
DT J.T. SURRATT
SOUTH CAROLINA
G JOHN MILLER
LOUISVILLE
OT TYRUS THOMPSON
OKLAHOMA

I guess they haven't updated Fanspeak yet, but the highest we'll pick is #29. 

So, all FOUR of the final teams automatically go to the bottom of the round?    I thought it was just the two teams that got to the Super Bowl.    And the other 32 teams assume their appropriate spots with allowances made to teams that made the playoffs with a lesser record like Carolina?

I thought we'd pick 27th unless we made the Super Bowl? 

If I understand you correctly now,   it's now 29th?

So, all FOUR of the final teams automatically go to the bottom of the round?    I thought it was just the two teams that got to the Super Bowl.    And the other 32 teams assume their appropriate spots with allowances made to teams that made the playoffs with a lesser record like Carolina?

I thought we'd pick 27th unless we made the Super Bowl? 

If I understand you correctly now,   it's now 29th?

I'm pretty sure that the teams in the playoffs are ordered by how they finish in the playoffs, then by respective record. (So the Panthers pick ahead of the Ravens, Cowboys and Broncos.)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/156236/2015-nfl-draft-order

213: R7P21

DT JAMES CASTLEMAN

OKLAHOMA STATE

Analysis: I really just went with one of the highest ranked players available. No real reason behind this pick. I just figured it can't hurt to have some more depth on the DL

being an Oklahoma State fan I've watch him for the past 3 years (didn't play much in 2011) and I think he would be a very nice addition. He was the anchor of the DLine, probably the 2nd best pass rusher behind Emmanuel Ogbah(trust me you'll probably hear plenty about him next year). He didn't get the sack to show it, but he was almost consistently in the QBs face. The best comparison to an NFL player is Justin Smith, he gets pressure and sets up the sack for the guys on the outside.

being an Oklahoma State fan I've watch him for the past 3 years (didn't play much in 2011) and I think he would be a very nice addition. He was the anchor of the DLine, probably the 2nd best pass rusher behind Emmanuel Ogbah(trust me you'll probably hear plenty about him next year). He didn't get the sack to show it, but he was almost consistently in the QBs face. The best comparison to an NFL player is Justin Smith, he gets pressure and sets up the sack for the guys on the outside.

Sounds good to me!  I didn't/don't know much about the guy, but your comments are helpful!  Thanks!

RD1: Collins OT or Strong WR or Dupree OLB

RD2: Matias G or Darby CB or Armstead DE or Agholor WR

RD3: Grasue C, Williams ROT, Drummond FS

RD4: Allen RB, Coleman RB, Za'Darius Smith OLB

RD5: Cedric Reed OLB, Trenton Brown ROT, Ishaq Williams OLB

Armstead is an interesting case. I first had him pegged as a 1st round guy and seemed like a Grigson player. But I have some questions about him after watching the college championship. He didn't appear that great at creating pressure the whole game, and he and Buckner were handled all day.

2nd, he is supposed to be 6'8, 290, but unless he's very lean for his size, he doesn't look 290 on tape. He looks more like 265-270, and depending on how he weighs in at the Combine, that could make him more of a 4-3 guy than a 3-4. Probably still a solid player, but his frame looks a little lite for a 3-4 guy if you ask me.

Fanspeak has an On the Clock section where you can pick the team you want to draft as and how many rounds.  Then you pick the big board you want to use and you go from there.  The link was first posted on these boards by another member a year ago and it's a really fun website that lets you do all 7 rounds of the draft in a relatively quick time.  Post your results and analysis here!

This is my first attempt for 2015.  They have us picking at 28th overall.  Please keep in mind my analysis at this point is likely to be very superficial and the rankings of these players will be all over the place as the draft draws closer, more players declare, etc.

28: R1P28

OT BRANDON SCHERFF

IOWA

Analysis: I'm surprised he was still on the board when I was picking.  I believe he is one of the best OTs in the draft and is projected to go in the top 10/15.  I would love to grab him and maybe we can let go of Cherilus and his big contract

60: R2P28

CB WAYNE LYONS

STANFORD

A big (6'1", 196 lbs), smart, athletic CB.  He'll be great insurance if (when?) Toler gets hurt

92: R3P28

DE MARKUS GOLDEN

MISSOURI

At 6'3", 260 lbs, I think he has perfect size for a 3-4 OLB.  I went after him in hopes of giving our pass rush some help (though I'm not sure if that's a strength of his).  If it isn't and he's more of a run stuffer, he could take Walden's spot

124: R4P28

WR DEONTAY GREENBERRY

HOUSTON

A big (6'3", 200 lbs), very gifted WR.  He has tons of potential and has some good tools, but is very raw.  Hopefully some work with a great route runner like Wayne can help him develop and reach that potential.  This pick was made under the assumption that Hakeem Nicks is not brought back.  That would give us a WR corps next year of Wayne, Hilton, Moncrief, Greenberry, and Whalen.

156: R5P28

S SAM CARTER

TCU

The safety class is apparently really weak here.  The top ranked safety on the big board was something like #93 overall.  (Edit: I'm really stupid and somehow missed a lot of the higher ranked S prospects.  Please excuse my stupidity.)  He's another big guy (6'1, 215 lbs) who can really help stabilize our safety position.  I don't expect Landry to stick around with the team much longer and Mike Adams will be 34 by the time the draft takes place.

188: R6P28

C DALLAS LEWALLEN

WISCONSIN

I went after some interior OL help here.  I didn't do much research into Dallas.  I just know Wisconsin has a great history with OLs, so I took a shot

191: R6P31

S BRISON WILLIAMS

SOUTH CAROLINA

He's noted as being a good leader, and he can play both safety spots.  He's also played some corner, so his cover skills should be pretty good.  Perhaps our FS of the future with Carter as our SS?

213: R7P21

WR DEVIN SMITH

OHIO STATE

He's very gifted athletically, so I think he could be a good PR/KR.  Whalen has been very "meh" to me in terms of his returns.  Whalen's best attribute is his ability to catch the ball securely.  However, he's had a few mistakes so far this season and the Ravens game was probably his worst of the season.  Putting a guy like Smith out there could really help our offense get better field position

Overall: I'm not too excited about this mock.  I like getting such a high ranked OT so late in the first round, but other than that, I don't think I addressed the team's needs as best as I could/should have.  I do like taking 3 DBs and letting Pagano work his DB magic with them, but otherwise, I think I can address the team's needs better.  I would have liked to get another interior OL and/or ILB at some point.

I've played around with the On the Clock simulation a few times. One time I was able to get Vic Beasley in R1 and Sammie Coates in R2. Sometimes Kevin White was available in R2. Kind of strange.

What I did learn from it is that there the ILB class in this draft is very weak. All have significant shortcomings and that supply is far short of demand. Unfortunately, this is not the year for a team in need of an ILB.

Mock 1 Build the monster draft lol

29. DT Michael Bennett Ohio State

61. ILB Eric Kendricks UCLA

93. CB Doran Grant Ohio State

125. DE Anthony Chickillo Miami

157. S Adrian Amos Penn State

189 OT Austin Shepherd Alabama

192. RB Malcolm Brown Texas

219. WR Levi Norwood Baylor

Mock 2

29. CB Trae Waynes Michigan State

61. S Anthony Harris Virginia

93. WR Rashad Greene Florida State

125. DE Anthony Chickillo Miami

157. DT Darrwn Lake Alabama

189. RB Kenny Hilliard LSU

192. OT Austin Shepherd Alabama

219. G Tyler Moore Florida

Latest attempt:

29: R1P29
WR KEVIN WHITE
WVU

Analysis: I couldn't resist.  I know WR isn't a huge need, but he's one of the top receivers in the draft, with some calling him the top receiver available.  Imagine a WR group of Moncrief, Hilton, White, and maybe Nicks....wow!  White is big (6'3", 210 lbs), can jump through the roof, and has reliable (but not perfect) hands.  The knocks on him are that he doesn't have elite speed, which is fine.  I'd love to grab him at 29 if he's there (which he almost certainly won't be).

61: R2P29
DE LORENZO MAULDIN
LOUISVILLE

Analysis: He's listed as a DE, but he could be an OLB for us given his size (6'4", 243 lbs).  When healthy, he's a leader with good pass rush ability.  Mathis is an unknown at this point and Werner hasn't shown much pass rush ability.  If we could get this guy and develop him opposite of Newsome, we could have the Freeney-Mathis pass rush duo of this new regime.

93: R3P29
DT TYELER DAVISON
FRESNO STATE

Analysis: He's a big boy.  He lined up as the NT in Fresno State's 3-4 defense, so I would expect the same here.  He did a good job of taking up space and blockers, which is what I would want from my 3-4 NT.  He played everywhere along Fresno State's defensive line, so we could even use him at DE if need be.  I haven't been too impressed by our NTs, so a little competition and new talent there could help.

125: R4P29
DT GABE WRIGHT
AUBURN

Analysis: My best options at this point were Wright and Louis Trinca-Pasat of Iowa.  Both play DT, but I saw multiple sources that had Wright ranked a little higher.  LTP was also noted as not having much athleticism or range, so I went with Wright.  Wright has good size and speed, but injuries have hampered him a little bit and his play has been somewhat inconsistent.

157: R5P29
DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA
UCLA

Analysis: I do not envy anyone who has to pronounce his name.  He's a bit of a tweener at 6'3", 270 lbs.  He's on the bigger side of OLB and really small for a 3-4 DE.  With that said, he has been noted as being one of the better prospects available, with some even saying he could be a first round pick.  If I can get first round talent in the 5th round, I'm all for it.

189: R6P29
S DEAN MARLOWE
JMU

Analysis: I like his size at 6'2", 205 lbs.  He's a bit of a do-it-all kind of player.  He can play in the box in run support, but has also shown some good ability in coverage.  He's also an option at kick/punt returner.  Plus, we really need safety help.

S SAM CARTER
TCU

Analysis given in previous mock.  I went safety back-to-back because I think we really need help there.

219: R7P27
OT TYRUS THOMPSON

OKLAHOMA

Analysis: Near the end of December, Todd McShay said he's a 2nd round player.  If I can get a 2nd round player at the end of the 7th round, I'm all for it!  We need to solidify the right side of the offensive line.  It's not very likely, but one thing that has me thinking right now is if he comes in and develops really well and becomes the physically dominant player he has the potential to be.  Would we play him at LT and move Castonzo to RT?  I feel like Castonzo is a good LT, but could be a very good RT.  It's all hypothetical at this point, though.

Overall analysis: I like this draft.  If you look at positions, you can see where I think we really need to improve; picks in rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 were defensive players, giving me 6/8 draftees on defense.  If this goes through, we would need to seek some ILB help from free agency or undrafted rookies, and another interior OL prospect wouldn't hurt.

There is no way that Phillips is going to be there in the second, but if we could get Phillips or Shelton in the first with Kendricks in the 2nd, that would be my dream scenario.

Reese would bring some nasty to the inside of our OL that we desperately need.

Ifo is a guy that could easily switch to safety, I think.  The last Oregon corner that came to the NFL and switched to safety was Jarius Byrd.  Both have a lot of the same characteristics both physically and mentally.

Henry Anderson is a guy that I really hope we look at in the mid rounds.  Experience in the 34 and could fill the Redding void after we hopefully get one more year from him.

AJ Johnson is someone that I think is really underrated coming out this year.  Very, very productive in college with a nose for the ball.

ILB DENZEL PERRYMAN

MIAMI

DT JORDAN PHILLIPS

OKLAHOMA

REESE DISMUKES

AUBURN

CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU

OREGON

DE HENRY ANDERSON

STANFORD

RB TERRENCE MAGEE

LSU

ILB A.J. JOHNSON

TENNESSEE

WR KEVIN WHITE
WVU

Analysis given in previous mock

G LAKEN TOMLINSON
DUKE

Analysis: He's a massive guy (6'3", 330 lbs) with the power to open running lanes and the athleticism to get to the 2nd level.  I'm not sure how his pass blocking is, but the Duke offensive line gave up the fewest sacks in the nation in terms of percentage

RB JAY AJAYI
BOISE STATE

Analysis: He has good footwork, agility, and vision.  The RB class is overshadowed by Gordon and Gurley, but Ajayi is a solid back who can also catch the ball out of the backfield.  Trent is as good as gone, Bradshaw is injury-prone (if he re-signs), same for Ballard, and Herron has a problem with fumbles.

CB DAMIAN SWANN
GEORGIA

Analysis: This could be my favourite pick of this draft.  While he isn't the biggest (5'11", 180 lbs), he plays with good technique.  He has great character, is a leader, and communicates effectively.  He studies film well as he's able to recognize what the offense is doing, and he does a good job of communicating it to his teammates.  I would love to see what happens when Pagano gets his hands on a guy like this

C BRANDON VITABILE
NORTHWESTERN

Analysis: A very big man (6'3", 310 lbs) and a good run blocker.  He played C at Northwestern, but I would probably use him more as a guard, and have him be a backup C because Holmes has shown himself to be injury-prone and Harrison has potential, but I don't think he's quite ready yet.

DT DERRICK LOTT
TENNESSEE-CHATTANOOGA

Analysis: He's a very strong guy, but his competition wasn't necessarily the best.  He has ability, but his motor is inconsistent.  If we can get a guy like Redding (assuming he re-signs) to really push his work ethic to the next level, he could be a steal

DE HENRY ANDERSON
STANFORD

Analysis: Many analysts and draft experts consider him to be one of the most underrated players in the draft.  He's a very strong player and could turn out to be a poor man's JJ Watt.

S JERMAINE WHITEHEAD
AUBURN
Analysis: I took the player that was both one of the best available prospects, and filled a position of need.  Whitehead has ability, but his attitude can be a bit of an issue. 

Overall analysis: I think I struck a nice balance of offense and defense in this draft (though it is admittedly unequal in that the first 4 of the first 5 picks are offensive guys).  I think I filled some good positions and I really like the talent I got in this draft.

WR TY MONTGOMERY
STANFORD

DT JORDAN PHILLIPS
OKLAHOMA
CB ALEX CARTER
STANFORD
G JARVIS HARRISON
TEXAS A&M
G QUINTON SPAIN
WEST VIRGINIA
DT JAMES CASTLEMAN
OKLAHOMA STATE
OT D.J. HUMPHRIES
FLORIDA
ILB A.J. TARPLEY
STANFORD

(I think that in real life, Montgomery and Phillips would be flipped) Montgomery is another weapon for Luck. He has prototypical size but needs to work on his hands. He is also a phenomenal returner who I would gladly take over Cribbs at this point. Phillips is a huge nose tackle that would hopefully step in and help to stuff the run game. Carter is a great physical specimen with good bloodlines and smarts. He could eventually take over for Toler on the outside and hopefully give the Colts a second shutdown corner. Harrison and Spain were the top two guards available at that point and would help open running lanes and give Luck time in the pocket. Castleman would be added to the defensive line in hopes to shore up the run defense. Humpries was the top pick available and would help protect Luck. Tarpley was the top rated ILB left and one of the top overall players left.

Here is my 2015 colts mock draft...
R1-Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami
R2- Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon
R3- Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State
R4- Nate Orchard, OLB, Utah
R5- Vince Mayle, WR, Washington State
R6- WR, RB or OL
R7- WR, RB or OL
Reasons- Micknney or Collins would be the pick here if I thought they would be available. Gerrod Holliman is also in play here, but Perryman is a fantastic player that fits what the Colts desperatly need in the middle. Armstead is an extremely high-ceiling player with the motor to go with it. Drummond is a versitale,smart, hard hitting safety that could start on day 1 in place of Landry. Nate Orchard will be a steal. Hes a pass rushing beast, and he also plays the run very well, the way Grigson hoped Walden would. Mayle caught 106 passes this year for Wazoo. He doesnt have elite speed, but his size and hands gives Luck a reliable weapon to play with. I say "weapon" because you dont need elite speed to make lots of plays in Andrew Lucks offense ( see: Dwayne Allen). After that its basicly best player available.

FREE AGENCY
G Orlando Franklin
RB Mark Ingram
WR Randall Cobb
FA STEAL: OLB Pernell Mcphee and NT Dan Williams

Edited by 21isSuperman

I decided to take a shot at this, not sure it was the greatest of drafts, but it filled some needs.

WR KEVIN WHITE-WVU

I couldn't believe White fell to me at 29, so I had to take him.

RB DUKE JOHNSON-MIAMI

we need a running back, Johnson was also the BPA, so this was a no question pick.

CB KEVIN WHITE-TCU

he had a good senior bowl which lead me to take a chance on him. Attacks the ball and is very physical player, would help a lot for depth.

DE HENRY ANDERSON-STANFORD

this guy's is built like a tree with powerful hands and has the ability to shed blockers.

OLB TONY WASHINGTON-OREGON

had a good '13 and '14, he con definitely help with depth, can be a good compliment to Newsome and Mathis.

DT JAMES CASTLEMAN-OKLAHOMA STATE

I explained him earlier, he'd be a good anchor to the dline.

ILB BRYCE HAGER-BAYLOR

he was the leader of the Baylor defense, whether it transfers to the nfl is a different story.

S TEVIN MCDONALD-EASTERN WASHINGTON

this was just depth pick, because I'd like to believe we'll get a safety in FA.

I have no idea what I'm doing...

DE ALVIN DUPREE

KENTUCKY

DE MARIO EDWARDS JR.

FLORIDA STATE

RB T.J. YELDON

ALABAMA

WR TONY LIPPETT

MICHIGAN STATE

ADRIAN AMOS

PENN STATE

ILB MIKE HULL

PENN STATE

CB DESHAZOR EVERETT

TEXAS A&M

OT JAMON BROWN

LOUISVILLE

DE ALVIN DUPREE
KENTUCKY

DE MARIO EDWARDS JR.
FLORIDA STATE

RB T.J. YELDON
ALABAMA

WR TONY LIPPETT
MICHIGAN STATE

ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE

ILB MIKE HULL
PENN STATE

CB DESHAZOR EVERETT
TEXAS A&M

OT JAMON BROWN
LOUISVILLE

I actually think that's a solid draft in terms of filling positions of need.  I don't know much about each prospect, but I like the positions you went after.  Another Alabama RB?!?!?! haha

Me neither. But I had fun nevertheless! :)

DE ELI HAROLD (rush LB)
VIRGINIA

RB TODD GURLEY (BPA after ILB run)
GEORGIA

DT ELLIS MCCARTHY (NT)
UCLA

OT ROB HAVENSTEIN
WISCONSIN

DT MARCUS HARDISON (DE/DT)
ARIZONA STATE

ILB TREY DEPRIEST
ALABAMA

G ADAM SHEAD
OKLAHOMA

S SAM CARTER
TCU

I actually think that's a solid draft in terms of filling positions of need. I don't know much about each prospect, but I like the positions you went after. Another Alabama RB?!?!?! haha

I did think that at the time, but Lacy made me feel better about it.

The more I think about it trading down would seem a good idea this year as it seems a deeper draft on the D side of the ball.

I did think that at the time, but Lacy made me feel better about it.

The more I think about it trading down would seem a good idea this year as it seems a deeper draft on the D side of the ball.

Yeah, I'm hearing this is another draft with little superstar talent, but lots of solid depth talent throughout.  Trading down could be a good idea

Yeah, I'm hearing this is another draft with little superstar talent, but lots of solid depth talent throughout. Trading down could be a good idea

Might as well trade the first rounder down for a ton of other picks like the patriots do all the time, no sense in grigson whiffing on a 1 again.

I decided to take a shot at this, not sure it was the greatest of drafts, but it filled some needs.

WR KEVIN WHITE-WVU

I couldn't believe White fell to me at 29, so I had to take him.

RB DUKE JOHNSON-MIAMI

we need a running back, Johnson was also the BPA, so this was a no question pick.

CB KEVIN WHITE-TCU

he had a good senior bowl which lead me to take a chance on him. Attacks the ball and is very physical player, would help a lot for depth.

DE HENRY ANDERSON-STANFORD

this guy's is built like a tree with powerful hands and has the ability to shed blockers.

OLB TONY WASHINGTON-OREGON

had a good '13 and '14, he con definitely help with depth, can be a good compliment to Newsome and Mathis.

DT JAMES CASTLEMAN-OKLAHOMA STATE

I explained him earlier, he'd be a good anchor to the dline.

ILB BRYCE HAGER-BAYLOR

he was the leader of the Baylor defense, whether it transfers to the nfl is a different story.

S TEVIN MCDONALD-EASTERN WASHINGTON

this was just depth pick, because I'd like to believe we'll get a safety in FA.

Been a Duke Johnson fan for a while. He's been the man for a long time at the U and I would love to see him with us.

I already posted this in my mock scenario, but I figured I'd post it here to see what people think:

DT DANNY SHELTON
WASHINGTON
OLB HAUOLI KIKAHA
WASHINGTON
ILB HAYES PULLARD
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
OT ROB HAVENSTEIN
WISCONSIN
S ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE
RB KARLOS WILLIAMS
FLORIDA STATE
DT DARIUS PHILON
ARKANSAS
CB JUSTIN COLEMAN
TENNESSEE

DE RANDY GREGORY

NEBRASKA

Expected to go in the top 5 picks but he fell to me so I took him.

OLB HAUOLI KIKAHA

WASHINGTON

Good pass rusher who with Gregory, Newsome, Werner would be a talented but young and cheap foursome.

OT JAKE FISHER

OREGON

Solidify the offensive line.

CB ALEX CARTER

STANFORD

Coming from the same school as Richard Sherman, he's fell down the board and I've stopped the fall.

CB RONALD DARBY

FLORIDA STATE

Speedy cornerback to fill the roster out. Carter and Darby would add talent to a thin position.

ILB TREY DEPRIEST

ALABAMA

Coming from Alabama's 3-4 defense he should fit in quickly, leader and good tackler. Lacks overall athleticism but good back up and possible replacement for Jackson.

S ANTHONY JEFFERSON

CALIFORNIA - LOS ANGELES

Needed a safety, best on the board.

OLB MICHAEL ORAKPO

Coming from a footballing family, has the talent and the body but needs coaching.