Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2015 Fanspeak Colts Mock Drafts

Fanspeak has an On the Clock section where you can pick the team you want to draft as and how many rounds.  Then you pick the big board you want to use and you go from there.  The link was first posted on these boards by another member a year ago and it's a really fun website that lets you do all 7 rounds of the draft in a relatively quick time.  Post your results and analysis here!

This is my first attempt for 2015.  They have us picking at 28th overall.  Please keep in mind my analysis at this point is likely to be very superficial and the rankings of these players will be all over the place as the draft draws closer, more players declare, etc.

28: R1P28
OT BRANDON SCHERFF
IOWA

Analysis: I'm surprised he was still on the board when I was picking.  I believe he is one of the best OTs in the draft and is projected to go in the top 10/15.  I would love to grab him and maybe we can let go of Cherilus and his big contract

60: R2P28
CB WAYNE LYONS
STANFORD

A big (6'1", 196 lbs), smart, athletic CB.  He'll be great insurance if (when?) Toler gets hurt

92: R3P28
DE MARKUS GOLDEN
MISSOURI

At 6'3", 260 lbs, I think he has perfect size for a 3-4 OLB.  I went after him in hopes of giving our pass rush some help (though I'm not sure if that's a strength of his).  If it isn't and he's more of a run stuffer, he could take Walden's spot

124: R4P28
WR DEONTAY GREENBERRY
HOUSTON

A big (6'3", 200 lbs), very gifted WR.  He has tons of potential and has some good tools, but is very raw.  Hopefully some work with a great route runner like Wayne can help him develop and reach that potential.  This pick was made under the assumption that Hakeem Nicks is not brought back.  That would give us a WR corps next year of Wayne, Hilton, Moncrief, Greenberry, and Whalen.

156: R5P28
S SAM CARTER
TCU

The safety class is apparently really weak here.  The top ranked safety on the big board was something like #93 overall.  (Edit: I'm really stupid and somehow missed a lot of the higher ranked S prospects.  Please excuse my stupidity.)  He's another big guy (6'1, 215 lbs) who can really help stabilize our safety position.  I don't expect Landry to stick around with the team much longer and Mike Adams will be 34 by the time the draft takes place.

188: R6P28
C DALLAS LEWALLEN
WISCONSIN

I went after some interior OL help here.  I didn't do much research into Dallas.  I just know Wisconsin has a great history with OLs, so I took a shot

191: R6P31
S BRISON WILLIAMS
SOUTH CAROLINA

He's noted as being a good leader, and he can play both safety spots.  He's also played some corner, so his cover skills should be pretty good.  Perhaps our FS of the future with Carter as our SS?

213: R7P21
WR DEVIN SMITH
OHIO STATE
He's very gifted athletically, so I think he could be a good PR/KR.  Whalen has been very "meh" to me in terms of his returns.  Whalen's best attribute is his ability to catch the ball securely.  However, he's had a few mistakes so far this season and the Ravens game was probably his worst of the season.  Putting a guy like Smith out there could really help our offense get better field position

Overall: I'm not too excited about this mock.  I like getting such a high ranked OT so late in the first round, but other than that, I don't think I addressed the team's needs as best as I could/should have.  I do like taking 3 DBs and letting Pagano work his DB magic with them, but otherwise, I think I can address the team's needs better.  I would have liked to get another interior OL and/or ILB at some point.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted. Part of me wants to try now, but I feel as If I should wait till at least week 10, when we'll have a clearer picture of draft order. We still don't even know who is likely to pick number 1 overall, except that it'll probably be the Raiders or Jaguars.

I'm tempted. Part of me wants to try now, but I feel as If I should wait till at least week 10, when we'll have a clearer picture of draft order. We still don't even know who is likely to pick number 1 overall, except that it'll probably be the Raiders or Jaguars.

Go for it!  Give it a shot and see what happens.  It's all for fun haha

Golden would be a steal there. I can see why you took Scherff there, he would be hard to pass up.

The safety class is weak but not #93 is the best weak. Still, who's available in free agency this year? haha

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/

A lot of good talent available.  And that's one reason why this is all very preliminary.  I figured I would get the ball rolling on it now and have the link pinned so there's easy access in the offseason.

As for the safety class, it looks like I made a huge mistake.  There are quite a few higher ranked prospects than what I had said.  Not sure how I missed all of that....please excuse my stupidity.

Go for it! Give it a shot and see what happens. It's all for fun haha

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/

A lot of good talent available. And that's one reason why this is all very preliminary. I figured I would get the ball rolling on it now and have the link pinned so there's easy access in the offseason.

As for the safety class, it looks like I made a huge mistake. There are quite a few higher ranked prospects than what I had said. Not sure how I missed all of that....please excuse my stupidity.

A quick look shows McCourty, Stevie Brown, Rahim Moore.. Would love one of them.

And don't beat yourself up 21! haha

If we could draft Brandon Scherff, that would be a miracle. I would love it if he fell to us. 

I like the Lyons pick in the 2nd round well enough. I am not a fan of Golden though. I read a piece the other day by a scout that viewed him as a notch better than Michael Sam. Shane Ray is the OLB/DE from Missouri to draft (if we can). I like Alvin Dupree from Kentucky in the 3rd round or Henry Anderson from Stanford (since Redding is retiring). 

Greenberry might be the steal of the draft in the 4th round. He is an underrated talent, and we may have a WR need heading into next season. 

Golden has only played 4-3 DE(He has experience at both DE's) at Missouri, He jolts Tackles back however with his hands and looks stronger then Sam was coming out. He also has fairly quick acceleration, Not nearly the quickest I have seen and is sometimes late off the ball but Sam and him are probably about the same in that regard. At 260lbs and having a compact build like he does I'd expect staff to want him to drop a couple lbs and tone up. Has to improve hand use. Don't think I'd spend a 3rd on him but perhaps a 4th or later if he falls which I could see happening

Scherff looks like a LG or RG to me who can play RT and fill in at LT in a pinch but I think his highest potential comes as a Guard

Like the Greenberry pick

Ill have to check out the others

I can assure all who want to play the game that Wayne Lyons is not going in the 2nd round.

First,  he could come back for another year and he really needs to.    He's not having a good year.

Second,   did I mention he's not having a good year?

Whatever draft he comes out for,  '15 or '16,  he'll likely go late......

1st: Denzel Perryman ILB, Miami

Potential cornerstone of a defense. Has the playing style of an enforcer and although a little short, he has good athleticism.

2nd: Noah Spence OLB, OSU

Ideal speed-rusher in the Robert Mathis mold. Ineligible due to failed drug test, but a great talent. Great student to learn from Mathis.

3rd: Shaq Thompson S, Washington

Could be converted back to safety where he could play a Kam Chancellor type role. Natural playmaker and has an enforcer type attitude

4th: Deontay Greenberry WR, Houston

Severely underrated receiver that has the ideal measurables of a Colt's receiver. Needs some work but will learn behind Wayne.

5th: Ray Drew DE, Georgia

Can step in to help replace Redding who will likely retire. Good spot to take the best available defensive lineman.

6th: Rob Havenstein, OL, Wisconsin

Best lineman available and comes from Wisconsin where they are known for consistently producing a good offensive line.

6th: Ladarius Günter CB, Miami

Best corner to add depth to a position that can always use upgrades.

7th: Devin Smith WR, OSU

Another receiver to potentially add. Wasn't really sure where to go with this pick so I took the best player available.

CB MARCUS PETERS

WASHINGTON

CODY PREWITT

OLE MISS

DE HAUOLI KIKAHA

WASHINGTON

OT DARYL WILLIAMS

OKLAHOMA

RB TERRENCE MAGEE

LSU

ILB A.J. TARPLEY

STANFORD

BRISON WILLIAMS

SOUTH CAROLINA

WR PHILLIP DORSETT

MIAMI

OR

DE SHAWN OAKMAN

BAYLOR

CODY PREWITT

OLE MISS

OLB HAUOLI KIKAHA

WASHINGTON

WR DEONTAY GREENBERRY

HOUSTON

RB TERRENCE MAGEE

LSU

CB LADARIUS GUNTER

MIAMI

ILB A.J. TARPLEY

STANFORD

COREY COOPER

NEBRASKA

Let's have another go at this:

DT LEONARD WILLIAMS
USC

Analysis: He was ranked as the #3 prospect overall and fell to me at 28.  Redding is going to turn 34 in November, and while I think we have some solid depth and talent along the DL, I think he could be a solid anchor to the DL for many years.  A rotation of him, RJF, and Art Jones could be pretty nasty for offensive lines to have to deal with.

G JOSUE MATIAS
FLORIDA STATE

Analysis: he's considered one of the more powerful blockers in the draft.  His technique needs work, but he has a lot of potential.  I haven't really been blown away by the play of Lance Louis and I think Reitz is a backup.  He and Mewhort could tandem up to be two excellent guards for the next decade or so, protecting Luck and paving the way for our RBs, if they both stay healthy and reach their potential.

CB CHARLES GAINES
LOUISVILLE

Analysis: he has some kick and punt return ability, though I would prefer a higher round pick like this to stay away from returning kicks so as to avoid injury.  I don't think you can have enough good DBs, especially when you have a great DB coach like Pagano.  It's a pass-first league.  I like our starters of Davis, Toler, and Butler in the slot, but one injury and we could be pretty weak.  He could provide some stability and depth.

WR KASEN WILLIAMS
WASHINGTON

Analysis: Kasen is a very physical receiver.  With Wayne getting older, and Nicks not really impressing, I think we could take a mid-round WR.  I read some analysis on him that said: "Williams accelerates smoothly off the line of scrimmage and uses his body well to shield corners from the ball on quick slants.  Too often he's forced to push off defenders on comebacks and deep-outs and he rarely was targeted by former Washington quarterback Keith Price on vertical routes. He is a highly physical receiver, whose aggression and strength made him very effective blocking on the perimeter."  So he needs work in his route running, but he seems to have good physical tools to be a reliable, move-the-chains type of receiver. 

S TYLER HUNTER
FLORIDA STATE

Analysis: I really needed to go get a safety here, so I went with the highest ranked guy at this point.  Some projections have Hunter going in rounds 3-4, so if we could get him at the end of the 5th, he could be a great pick.

RB MALCOLM BROWN
TEXAS

Analysis: he's a very physical RB.  He keeps his pads low, runs aggressively, and has the potential to be a workhorse back.  I certainly don't think we use him as workhorse, but I really haven't been impressed by Richardson.  Not only that, but Bradshaw is somewhat injury-prone.  I think he could be like Bradshaw, given his physical running style.

C DALLAS LEWALLEN
WISCONSIN

Analysis given in previous mock

DT JAMES CASTLEMAN
OKLAHOMA STATE

Analysis: I really just went with one of the highest ranked players available.  No real reason behind this pick.  I just figured it can't hurt to have some more depth on the DL.

Overall: Not a bad draft, but I would have liked to have taken an ILB earlier.  Another safety wouldn't hurt, but I would have been reaching given who was available at most of my earlier picks.  If you ask me, winning the trenches is a huge part of winning a football game.  That's why I went to the trenches with my first two picks, and 4 picks overall.

WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
MISSOURI

DT ARIK ARMSTEAD
OREGON
WR JOSH HARPER
FRESNO STATE
WR RASHAD GREENE
FLORIDA STATE
WR JAMISON CROWDER
DUKE
RB COREY GRANT
AUBURN
S ADRIAN AMOS
PENN STATE
OT JAMON BROWN
LOUISVILLE

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/terron-ward-vs-arizona-state-2012/

I really like Terron Wards versatility and ability to accelerate, His O line does not do him much justice but he is shifty, can catch out multiple formations and can fly...Shows ability to pass block to so can stay on the field in some 3rd down situations, Currently listed as 5'7" 201...He has experience as a Kick and Punt Returner, He is a Sr.

WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
MISSOURI

You would invest a first round pick in him given all the issues he's had?  His talent is through the roof, but he could be a Justin Blackmon type of guy who is always in trouble

Im wondering if Barry Sanders Jr will come out early from Stanford, If so I would not even hesitate to get him

If he were to come out, what round is he projected to go in?

KURTIS DRUMMOND
MICHIGAN STATE

CB MARCUS PETERS
WASHINGTON

DT DANNY SHELTON
WASHINGTON

WR DEONTAY GREENBERRY
HOUSTON

DE RAY DREW
GEORGIA
180: R6P20

RB TERRENCE MAGEE
LSU

OT ROB HAVENSTEIN
WISCONSIN
219: R7P27

COREY COOPER
NEBRASKA

Sorry, but I just can't get enough of mock drafts ;-) 

I took:

DE SHILIQUE CALHOUN

MICHIGAN STATE

S ANTHONY HARRIS

VIRGINIA

WR STEFON DIGGS

MARYLAND

RB JAY AJAYI

BOISE STATE

OT TYRUS THOMPSON

OKLAHOMA

180: R6P20  

WR LEVI NORWOOD

BAYLOR

OLB JORDAN HICKS

TEXAS

219: R7P27  

CB MERRILL NOEL

WAKE FOREST

The first 4 picks... Man, that would be amazing!

DT LEONARD WILLIAMS
USC

LAKEN TOMLINSON
DUKE

CB CHARLES GAINES
LOUISVILLE

RB JEREMY LANGFORD
MICHIGAN STATE

Just 4 rounds. Williams falling that far wouldn't happen irl unless he had some bad injury or scandal.

Don't wanna draft a Kicker when good ones will go undrafted....Cody Parkey for example.

Not a fan of Bennett and I don't think he sniffs the 1st round after its all said and done...Struggles to shed blocks and with debris at his feet, I think he could fall to somewhere in the 3rd round before its all over

Prewitt I like at that spot

Ill have to look up Grasu

I really like Greene

I like Johnson

Hell yeah I like Mark!

DT LEONARD WILLIAMS
USC

LAKEN TOMLINSON
DUKE

CB CHARLES GAINES
LOUISVILLE

RB JEREMY LANGFORD
MICHIGAN STATE

Just 4 rounds. Williams falling that far wouldn't happen irl unless he had some bad injury or scandal.

You mean USC's Leonard Williams,  who right now is not only being talked about as a top-5 pick,  in some quarters he's being talked about as the #1 overall pick.

And this computer game has him falling to pick 28?!?

Hey, if the programming is garbage, the game is garbage!

Not trying to give you a hard time,  but, just sayin...........

You mean USC's Leonard Williams,  who right now is not only being talked about as a top-5 pick,  in some quarters he's being talked about as the #1 overall pick.

And this computer game has him falling to pick 28?!?

Hey, if the programming is garbage, the game is garbage!

Not trying to give you a hard time,  but, just sayin...........

I had Shilique Calhoun fall to our pick in mine. Him and Vic Beasley.

No way is this realistic but I would be ecstatic.  Weird having this many ACC players being a west coast guy, but it's how they fell.

30: R1P30

OLB VIC BEASLEY
CLEMSON

62: R2P30 

CB RONALD DARBY
FLORIDA STATE

94: R3P30 

ANTHONY HARRIS
VIRGINIA

126: R4P30 

RB DUKE JOHNSON
MIAMI

158: R5P30 

CB CAM THOMAS
WESTERN KENTUCKY

Im wondering if Barry Sanders Jr will come out early from Stanford, If so I would not even hesitate to get him

Stanford kids rarely come out early.   They want the degree.

And besides,  he hasn't played well enough to come out early.     If he did, there's a chance he wouldn't even be drafted....

He might be draft quality someday,  but doubtful that day is now.....

Calhoun falling to the mid-20's is realistic.

Some places have him as a top 10 pick. That's why I thought it was weird. Would be great trade bait for a 4-3 team that draft's late in the 1st or early in the second round and won't expect a player of his talent to be there.

Some places have him as a top 10 pick. That's why I thought it was weird. Would be great trade bait for a 4-3 team that draft's late in the 1st or early in the second round and won't expect a player of his talent to be there.

Pre-season, sure, but he's underwhelmed.

1st: Denzel Perryman ILB, Miami

Potential cornerstone of a defense. Has the playing style of an enforcer and although a little short, he has good athleticism.

2nd: Noah Spence OLB, OSU

Ideal speed-rusher in the Robert Mathis mold. Ineligible due to failed drug test, but a great talent. Great student to learn from Mathis.

3rd: Shaq Thompson S, Washington

Could be converted back to safety where he could play a Kam Chancellor type role. Natural playmaker and has an enforcer type attitude

4th: Deontay Greenberry WR, Houston

Severely underrated receiver that has the ideal measurables of a Colt's receiver. Needs some work but will learn behind Wayne.

5th: Ray Drew DE, Georgia

Can step in to help replace Redding who will likely retire. Good spot to take the best available defensive lineman.

6th: Rob Havenstein, OL, Wisconsin

Best lineman available and comes from Wisconsin where they are known for consistently producing a good offensive line.

6th: Ladarius Günter CB, Miami

Best corner to add depth to a position that can always use upgrades.

7th: Devin Smith WR, OSU

Another receiver to potentially add. Wasn't really sure where to go with this pick so I took the best player available.

Just looking at positions (since I don't know much about the players), I like this draft.  I like going defense on the first three picks and solidifying the LB group with some young talent.  I would love having a Kam Chancellor type of guy on this defense.  I did some really quick reading on Thompson and his athleticism combined with Pagano's DB coaching could really turn him into something special.  Unfortunately, he seems to me as the type of guy who is under the radar now and will eventually end up going really high in the draft as it gets closer and his name comes out more, so we miss out on him.

Just looking at positions (since I don't know much about the players), I like this draft.  I like going defense on the first three picks and solidifying the LB group with some young talent.  I would love having a Kam Chancellor type of guy on this defense.  I did some really quick reading on Thompson and his athleticism combined with Pagano's DB coaching could really turn him into something special.  Unfortunately, he seems to me as the type of guy who is under the radar now and will eventually end up going really high in the draft as it gets closer and his name comes out more, so we miss out on him.

He could go in the first but he's a giant question mark currently. He's a running back, an outside linebacker (not a pass-rusher) and a safety rolled into one. His best position in the NFL will likely be safety but he hasn't had much collegiate experience at that position so he might  be a huge project but he's a playmaker if you can get him on the field.

1st: Shaq Thompson, S, Washington

A jack-of-all trades player who could be converted back to safety and be a playmaker in the back end of the defense

2nd: Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami

Seems to be the prototype for what they look for in a middle linebacker. Could be a great linebacker to replace Jackson and brings passion.

3rd: Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

Similar to Moncrief, a great physical talent at receiver fell to the third and I simply took him to prepare for a future without Wayne or Nicks.

4th: Cedric Reed, OLB, Texas

Ideally, I would trade this pick along with a player like Fleener and a few other pieces to get an early 2nd round pick and draft Shilique Calhoun but since that isn't an option, I simply took the best pass-rusher available

5th: Kaleb Johnson, G, Rutgers

Johnson was the best guard available and I took him with the thought of potentially moving Mewhort to RT to replace Cherilus, otherwise its added depth which is always nice.

6th: Ray Drew, DE, Georgia

Best 3-4 defensive end at this point and someone that I think could become a pretty solid contributor along the defensive line in the future.

6th: Philip Dorsett, WR, Miami

An extra receiver just to give Luck and Hamilton another weapon to play with. His was one of the only names I recognized anymore.

7th: Merrill Noel, CB, Wake Forest

A new defensive back to give some depth to the team.

My latest attempt:

27: R1P27
CB P.J. WILLIAMS

FLORIDA STATE

Analysis: he's considered one of the best CBs available in the draft (I think I saw him ranked as the #2 corner in the draft as of now).  If we can get the 2nd best corner this late in the first round, I'm all for it.  Let Pagano work his DB magic.

59: R2P27
OT TY SAMBRAILO
COLORADO STATE

Analysis: he has good lower body strength to handle bull rushes and good footwork, which I think is key for offensive linemen.  I haven't been too happy with Cherilus' play so far this year, so I'm all for finding a potential replacement.

91: R3P27
C HRONISS GRASU
OREGON

Analysis: he's drawn comparisons to Alex Mack.  Add Grasu to an interior OL group of Mewhort, Thornton, Shipley, Holmes (??), and Harrison and we could have some real depth and talent at those 3 spots.

123: R4P27
WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE

Analysis: I fully expect this guy to shoot up draft boards as the draft comes closer.  He's being named as the 2nd best receiver in the draft behind DGB.  He stands at 6'3", 211 lbs.  A starting WR corps of Parker, Hilton, and Moncrief for the next decade sounds great to me!

155: R5P27

DT J.T. SURRATT
SOUTH CAROLINA

Analysis: I saw reports that said he was a 4th round pick.  He was available to me in the 6th, so I jumped at the opportunity to draft him.  He's strong and uses good leverage against the run, and has some surprising athleticism.  The knock on him is his short arm length, which will make it hard to disengage blockers.  It won't hurt to have more depth along the DL

176: R6P16

S DANIEL FITZPATRICK
TENNESSEE STATE

Analysis: I really needed a safety and he was one of the higher ranked guys available at this point.  I really like his size, at 6'2", 215 lbs.  Could he be our own Kam Chancellor?

187: R6P27

OLB NORKEITHUS OTIS
NORTH CAROLINA

Analysis: he was one of the higher ranked prospects when I was on the clock.  It won't hurt to have some more pass rush help.  He has good athleticism, and his size is very similar to that of Robert Mathis.

215: R7P23

S BRISON WILLIAMS
SOUTH CAROLINA
Analysis: Williams is considered a jack-of-all-trades, as he has logged time at corner and safety.  I took him as another project player, hoping Pagano's DB knowledge will help develop him.  Plus, his versatility won't hurt.

Overall analysis:  I think we get some really good talent here.  I'm most excited by the Parker pick, but again, I fully expect him to be long gone by that time in the actual draft.  I really need to get a good ILB, but other teams end up reaching for them and there aren't any good ILBs available at my draft spots.

27: R1P27

OLB VIC BEASLEY

CLEMSON

defensive pass rush cornerstone to par up with Werner and newsome .should be 8 plus sacks guy

59: R2P27

ILB DENZEL PERRYMAN

MIAMI

a young instinctive linebacker who can do it pair him freeman would make Indy ilb a whole lot better

RB T.J. YELDON

ALABAMA

a talented back he can ease the pressure of luck and give luck some success on pa  and form 1-2 punch with Trent Richardson

123: R4P27

WR DEVANTE PARKER

LOUISVILLE

i doubt he fall this far with reggie getting up there in age and getting nicked up as well as nicks uncertain future, parker givesluck another dependable target for luck for the next decade .with luck engineering a Offense with Hilton,Parker,moncrief,Allen,fleener,yeldon and Richardson has the potential to be the top offense in nfl for the next deade

155: R5P27

CB TIM SCOTT

NORTH CAROLINA

a guy who can play safety or team number 4 corner

176: R6P16

OT AUSTIN SHEPHERD

ALABAMA

versatile lineman at worst is a depth could challenge gosder at rt of the future.

187: R6P27

WR LEVI NORWOOD

BAYLOR

sure grat YAC abilty and making guys miss makes whalen on he roster ,team kr/pr return

215: R7P23

S BRISON WILLIAMS

SOUTH CAROLINA

a safety project for Indy to develop

1st: Shaq Thompson, ?, Washington

He's now moved to running back which I think increases the chances he falls to the Colt's pick. He could be a long term star at safety and a reliable playmaker.

2nd: Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami 

Built in a similar manner to our other inside linebackers, he plays very physically and can play in coverage in addition to stopping the run.

3rd: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland

He's a fast, shifty player that can make guys miss and make plays. I believe he could become a great slot receiver by learning under Reggie before replacing him when Wayne hangs up the cleats. Also can contribute on special teams as a returned.

4th: Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville

Appears to be another versatile safety that could hopefully combine with Thompson to shore up the back end of the defense for the next decade. Has a good skill set and does a good job of anticipating receivers' routes.

5th: Best offensive lineman available.

6th: Another offensive lineman would be ideal.

6th: Ray Drew, DE, Georgia

Best defensive lineman available

7th: Noah Spence, OLB, OSU

High potential as a pass-rusher. Could be an amazing value pick

RB T.J. YELDON
ALABAMA
a talented back he can ease the pressure of luck and give luck some success on pa  and form 1-2 punch with Trent Richardson

I think that's too high for a RB.  Bradshaw has been great this year, so I'm all for re-signing him.  Ballard is injury-prone, so I don't expect much from him at this point.  But then we have Boom as our 3rd RB.  I'm happy with Trent, Bradshaw, and Boom, with the possibility of Ballard as well.  If not, I would be all for taking a RB in the later rounds or as an undrafted free agent, but I think 3rd round is too high to take a RB.

My latest attempt (going with just 4 rounds):

WR KEVIN WHITE

WVU

Analysis: he's drawn comparisons to Larry Fitzgerald.  A WR corps of Hilton, Moncrief, and White sounds great to me!  If things go as planned, we wouldn't need to worry about our WRs for the next several years with this group.

S KURTIS DRUMMOND

MICHIGAN STATE

Analysis: arguably the best safety in the draft, so being able to get in the 2nd round was a steal, in my opinion.  It wouldn't hurt him to add a little muscle, but he's a willing tackler.  He also has some really good athletic ability.

C REESE DISMUKES

AUBURN

Analysis: Gus Malzahan has been hyping this guy up, calling him the best center in the America.  The OL coach at Auburn noted that he's arguably the best football player he's coached, saying Dismukes is strong, fast, smart, and physical.  I took him for depth, since the coaches seem to be happy with Harrison at C.  But then you have a lot of options with Reitz, Thornton, Holmes, Harrison, Mewhort, Dismukes, and Shipley.  Yes, 4 of those guys are centers, but we could possibly move one to guard, especially with Lance Louis playing so unimpressively.

CB QUANDRE DIGGS

TEXAS

Analysis: I read some scouting reports that say his size prevents him from being a good outside CB (he's 5'10", 204 lbs), but you have guys like Joe Haden at 5'11", 195 lbs, and Revis at 5'11", 198 lbs, so I don't think his size will be the deciding factor.  With that said, if the coaches aren't confident with him playing on the outside, they could use him as a nickel CB in the slot.  Butler's play has been up and down, so it wouldn't hurt to have a little depth behind him and even let Diggs have a chance at the starting spot.

Overall: I really like what was available with the top 4 picks.  I would be very happy if this happens when we draft.  Of course, it's a little difficult to give a complete analysis since I only did 4 picks.  I was considering taking La'el Collins in the first round since Cherilus' play has been pretty bad for the most part, but scouting reports project him to kick inside to guard.  Instead of that, I took a guy who could make our WR corps the best in the league in a few years.  Adding those two guys to our DB group could really solidify the secondary for us in the next few years.  And it never hurts to have some OL depth