Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Talk About Parity in the Joe's League

In the Joe's League, after 5 full weeks of play, there are 8 of the 12 teams in the league at 3-2. Two others are at 2-3, and two at 1-4..(Hillybillyzfromhell won their first game this week!)

This is what makes out joe's league so great....The only reason I'm 3-2, is that I'm catching teams on bad weeks..I beat a 3-1 team this week, while only scoring 79 plus points..Thank goodness Lynch didn't get a few more yards, and the Seattle D wasn't up to snuff, and Alfred Morris's big 2 point game were just enough to edge out my opponent.

Special Judo's goes out to my kicker Dan Carpenter of the Bill's..my sleeper pick..for the 12 points for the game, and the last second 58 yeard FG to give me 5 points, but also beating the Lions..Am rooting for the Bills to pull another upset over Brady and the Pats this week.

Oh, in deference to my favorite college players first game last week, I am changing my team name to The Black Mambas, in honor of De'Anthony Thomas. He may never be a fantasy stud, or even a blip, but he is sure fun to watch when he gets the ball.

Good luck Joe's this week, and the rest of the season to come..

Ray..(The artist formerly known as TY Goodbye.)

I'm about to pack it in and start thinking of strategy for next season in the Elite league, as it turns out, I made the biggest flub of the year, keeping my good friend LeSean McCoy over Beast Mode during the keepers process. That combined with my draft picks of C. Patterson, who looked like a MVP candidate with Ponder at the helm at the end of last season, and Torrey Smith both putting up garbage for numbers has doomed me to 1-4. Drafting Ray Rice with the thought he would be back after week 3 didn't help either. Then my bench exploded with injuries in C. Shorts III and Knowshon Moreno. With my 4 game losing streak in full effect, I don't see many other options.

I'm about to pack it in and start thinking of strategy for next season in the Elite league, as it turns out, I made the biggest flub of the year, keeping my good friend LeSean McCoy over Beast Mode during the keepers process. That combined with my draft picks of C. Patterson, who looked like a MVP candidate with Ponder at the helm at the end of last season, and Torrey Smith both putting up garbage for numbers has doomed me to 1-4. Drafting Ray Rice with the thought he would be back after week 3 didn't help either. Then my bench exploded with injuries in C. Shorts III and Knowshon Moreno. With my 4 game losing streak in full effect, I don't see many other options.

There are still plenty of teams at 3-2 and 2-3 for you to make a comeback in the Elite league. It just takes a small streak of 2 or 3 to get going, to be honest when the league's rankings are so tight. If it is December and you are 3 games away from playoff contention, that is the time to really get worried. Utilize your 1-4 status to get the best waiver pickups that will be in your favor right now. Trust me, I'd rather trail early in the season given the nature of our waiver rules so that I can reconstruct my team better.

For those that don't follow the Elite league, there is one 4-1 team, six 3-2 teams, three 2-3 teams and two 1-4 teams. Long season ahead.

There are still plenty of teams at 3-2 and 2-3 for you to make a comeback in the Elite league. It just takes a small streak of 2 or 3 to get going, to be honest when the league's rankings are so tight. If it is December and you are 3 games away from playoff contention, that is the time to really get worried. Utilize your 1-4 status to get the best waiver pickups that will be in your favor right now. Trust me, I'd rather trail early in the season given the nature of our waiver rules so that I can reconstruct my team better.

For those that don't follow the Elite league, there is one 4-1 team, six 3-2 teams, three 2-3 teams and two 1-4 teams. Long season ahead.

I know there is a chance, but it's slim. I need my playmakers to start making plays. If they continue the downward trend, it wont end well, I don't think I'm in danger of being bumped from the elite league, but I'm in very real danger of not making the playoffs.

In the Joe's League, after 5 full weeks of play, there are 8 of the 12 teams in the league at 3-2. Two others are at 2-3, and two at 1-4..(Hillybillyzfromhell won their first game this week!)

This is what makes out joe's league so great....The only reason I'm 3-2, is that I'm catching teams on bad weeks..I beat a 3-1 team this week, while only scoring 79 plus points..Thank goodness Lynch didn't get a few more yards, and the Seattle D wasn't up to snuff, and Alfred Morris's big 2 point game were just enough to edge out my opponent.

Special Judo's goes out to my kicker Dan Carpenter of the Bill's..my sleeper pick..for the 12 points for the game, and the last second 58 yeard FG to give me 5 points, but also beating the Lions..Am rooting for the Bills to pull another upset over Brady and the Pats this week.

Oh, in deference to my favorite college players first game last week, I am changing my team name to The Black Mambas, in honor of De'Anthony Thomas. He may never be a fantasy stud, or even a blip, but he is sure fun to watch when he gets the ball.

Good luck Joe's this week, and the rest of the season to come..

Ray..(The artist formerly known as TY Goodbye.)

Actually, it was72.8 points I had this week....ugh...

I just looked and I was surprised that I'm in 3rd place.  

Technically you are in 4th place, since you aren't a division leader. It goes by total team points I think. Yuo have more than Coltman, so they have you ranked 3rd, but if playoff were to start now, you'd be the 6th seed.

But grats

Technically you are in 4th place, since you aren't a division leader. It goes by total team points I think. Yuo have more than Coltman, so they have you ranked 3rd, but if playoff were to start now, you'd be the 6th seed.

But grats

mah I cant type..you'd be the 4th seed/...ughhh

Umm according to the rules in the league it says : "Division winners advance but seeded by overall standings"

Oops,,my bad...sorry..haven't been with it the past couple months..which is why i'm 3-2 but in 8th place...My guys either get yards and no TD's or get hurt...last week between Patterson and Bush getting hurt, I thought there was so way I'd win last week.I pick up DB...thinking he should get 50-60 yards and a TD since they had no one else...5 carries, 1 yard and a concussion..Peterson getting suspended..cur Tate when he got hurt, comes back with 123 yards..Brees throwing tons of INT's. Only consistent player I have is my kicker Carpenter..lol

I pick up Beckham, sit him for a week expecting only 10 touches..he gets 44 yards and a TD...And my boy De'Anthony Thomas, who I just picked up again since he was hurt and not sure how much e'll play got 1 touch, an 18 yard catch and run for a TD, plus return yards...almost 8 point with 3 touches...Did you see that TD?..that guy needs the ball in his hands a LOT more..God I wish the Colts drafted him...instant KR/PR, that can play both RB and WR, with Hiltonesque speed and agility.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article2525613.html..

I was wondering who had TY for this week.  And dang it that just happened to be you.  Ugg!  Already behind by 43.3 points.

Yes, it looks good now, but it's Friday, and you've got a full roster to play yet.

Odd thing is, earlier in the day I got a trade offer including TY, but it was rescinded before I ever knew it existed.

I wouldn't have taken what was proposed, but I may have considered a counter offer.

Glad I didn't have that opportunity, at this point.

Good luck.

Yes, it looks good now, but it's Friday, and you've got a full roster to play yet.

Odd thing is, earlier in the day I got a trade offer including TY, but it was rescinded before I ever knew it existed.

I wouldn't have taken what was proposed, but I may have considered a counter offer.

Glad I didn't have that opportunity, at this point.

Good luck.

I think I may know who that is, I think on another forum someone was talking about trying to get TY.

If it where me I'd ask for a lot.  The problem with him is that he used to be inconsistent, but now he's gotten more consistent.  His remaining problem however is that he doesn't get into the endzone a lot.  Probably because he's small and not a guy you want making catches in traffic.

I think I may know who that is, I think on another forum someone was talking about trying to get TY.

If it where me I'd ask for a lot.  The problem with him is that he used to be inconsistent, but now he's gotten more consistent.  His remaining problem however is that he doesn't get into the endzone a lot.  Probably because he's small and not a guy you want making catches in traffic.

Yes, it was the member who's a HUGE fan of TY.

I can't blame him, but you're right, I was going to need more than what was offered.

But, I didn't even check his roster to see if there was anything there that made sense for me.

You mentioned my multiple defenses earlier.

I only gathered them because I ran into a week where I didn't expect my 2 to do much.

I actually had a need somewhere else, but also had dead weight on the bench.

I ended up picking up the best D that week, and decided to just keep them, also, 'til I find something of value, at a need position in FA.

That, and I figured, one more piece for trade offers. Outside shot.