Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WE THE BEST AFC TEAM TOPIC

hptXcolts

So we lost to two pretty good teams and beat two pretty bad teams. Our online is solid for the most part just a couple people missing but they'll be back. Defense playing above average Freeman, Jones will be back soon,our secondary is beyond questionable but still getting the job done. We have depth on this team so people please stop wanting to trade or get players via FA. Now is the time to develop our younger players get them more reps more live action put them in position to win. And last but not leat we need more threads people this forum is a little boring we need more convo on here let's keep it interesting.... PLEASE STOP WITH THE RANTS AND TROLLING ABOUT nonsense AND TRADES AND SO ON

I've never understood when a person's response to a guy going down or not performing up to snuff is that we should look at trade scenarios - especially in light of the trade for Trent.  At the same time, it can sometimes be fun just to discuss the options, even if it isn't realistic to trade a guy.  If people want to discuss it, that's okay by me, but the more unrealistic the topic, the more someone should expect to be criticized for it. 

Since you brought up the secondary, I just thought I'd add that we had question marks on our safeties before the season and the Colts have been criticized to a great extent on why we never addressed the position during the draft or free agency - a fair criticsm.  But when you're getting pressure on the QB (which haven't been altogether bad at, but could be better) and cornerbacks taking away the outside of the field for the most part, you take a ton of pressure off the safeties.  It's the tight ends that we have to worry about, and we had that problem even before Landry's suspension.  Getting Freeman back will help.  So I think you are right in that we can roll with what we have.  I'm not sure how much the loss of Landry will hurt over the next 4 games, but I don't think it will be so bad that Flacco will shred our defense. 

I've never understood when a person's response to a guy going down or not performing up to snuff is that we should look at trade scenarios - especially in light of the trade for Trent. At the same time, it can sometimes be fun just to discuss the options, even if it isn't realistic to trade a guy. If people want to discuss it, that's okay by me, but the more unrealistic the topic, the more someone should expect to be criticized for it.

Since you brought up the secondary, I just thought I'd add that we had question marks on our safeties before the season and the Colts have been criticized to a great extent on why we never addressed the position during the draft or free agency - a fair criticsm. But when you're getting pressure on the QB (which haven't been altogether bad at, but could be better) and cornerbacks taking away the outside of the field for the most part, you take a ton of pressure off the safeties. It's the tight ends that we have to worry about, and we had that problem even before Landry's suspension. Getting Freeman back will help. So I think you are right in that we can roll with what we have. I'm not sure how much the loss of Landry will hurt over the next 4 games, but I don't think it will be so bad that Flacco will shred our defense.

hopefully he won't shred us, but you don't have to get sacks to rattle QBs we generate lots of pressure and that's OK in my book. Our corner backs are light out the main problem is out LBs getting beat in coverage for big gains. I love this years team

Flaws and all

Don't know about you guys, but I love having new posters chew us out for being boring. You complain that we need more threads but then immediately acoust us for posting several types of topics that you, personally, don't want to read. 

STOP, cute kitty time!!!!

cute-kitten.gif

Don't know about you guys, but I love having new posters chew us out for being boring. You complain that we need more threads but then immediately acoust us for posting several types of topics that you, personally, don't want to read. 

STOP, cute kitty time!!!!

kitties suck...puppies are the best :P

Cute-puppy.gif

lol..I've seen the video that gif came from and I love it.  and yes that's in part because I love rottweilers and that video is a perfect example of their true gentle and playful demeanor :)

I'm actually a devout dog lover. I'm a real man, I have a Bichon. woof woof....

I've never understood when a person's response to a guy going down or not performing up to snuff is that we should look at trade scenarios - especially in light of the trade for Trent.  At the same time, it can sometimes be fun just to discuss the options, even if it isn't realistic to trade a guy.  If people want to discuss it, that's okay by me, but the more unrealistic the topic, the more someone should expect to be criticized for it. 

Since you brought up the secondary, I just thought I'd add that we had question marks on our safeties before the season and the Colts have been criticized to a great extent on why we never addressed the position during the draft or free agency - a fair criticsm.  But when you're getting pressure on the QB (which haven't been altogether bad at, but could be better) and cornerbacks taking away the outside of the field for the most part, you take a ton of pressure off the safeties.  It's the tight ends that we have to worry about, and we had that problem even before Landry's suspension.  Getting Freeman back will help.  So I think you are right in that we can roll with what we have.  I'm not sure how much the loss of Landry will hurt over the next 4 games, but I don't think it will be so bad that Flacco will shred our defense. 

Great post. CBs are top notch; DL is really solid; LB and S (outside of Freeman) are mediocre at best. Hence, the D will struggle with TE's all year. I'm hopeful our pass rush can keep progressing. I think getting Freeman back will allow us to have more creative blitzing packages (like utilizing McNary to blitz). 

Let's just see how things shake out for the next 4-5 games before we crown this team as best at anything...

Mixed results so far this season.

I like a lot of what I'm seeing, but far too early to make claim to superiority for anything, YET!