Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota vs Green Bay - Thursday Night Football

amfootball

I wouldn't be surprised if he bombs in this.  

Bum ankle, short week.  Didn't practice 2 out of 3 days and on the 3rd day only a limited practice.  Combine that with being a rookie in a hostile environment dueling with Aaron Rodgers.

If he even looks average I'll be impressed.

And all of that is a big IF because we don't know til game time if he's going to play or not.

I took a risk and started green bay's defense on one of my fantasy leagues.  If Teddy doesn't play then it will work out, but even if he does play given all of the other factors involved there is a good chance things don't go well for him anyways.

That said I hate to root against him.  I thought he was the best QB in the draft and I would love for him to prove me right.

He is showing as questionable as we speak. He played very well when hurt badly at Louisville. I would not be surprised to see him in there. Tough kid!

Yes, Teddy is listed as questionable. The weather forecast calls for thunderstorms this evening in Green Bay. So, I would rather Teddy sit and rest the ankle. We ran the ball well against the Atlanta defense. Perhaps we can exploit the Packs' very poor run defense and keep Rodgers on the sidelines as long as possible. That's our only hope if Ponder is our starting QB tonight.

If Teddy plays, Vikings win.

Bum ankle, rookie making his 2nd career start on a short week with only 1 day of limited practice is going to go into Lambeau and out dueling Aaron Rodgers???

It seems to me like everything is set up perfectly for him to have a bad game.  

I like Teddy, I said a long time ago that I thought he was the best QB in the 2014 draft. If he does well I will be sincerely impressed.  

I'd consider starting Ponder just to protect his confidence.  Because I just don't see how he could possibly be well prepared for this game.  

Yes, Teddy is listed as questionable. The weather forecast calls for thunderstorms this evening in Green Bay. So, I would rather Teddy sit and rest the ankle. We ran the ball well against the Atlanta defense. Perhaps we can exploit the Packs' very poor run defense and keep Rodgers on the sidelines as long as possible. That's our only hope if Ponder is our starting QB tonight.

I just heard on the radio that Bridgewater will NOT play.

OK...a good move by the Vikings.  Bad ankles and rain are not good for any ankle or leg injury.  Would be a Viking night if Peterson could still play!!

The month of October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  :ribbon:  Not only the Vikings and Packers are leading off, and starting Week 5 of the 2014 NFL season tonight, but the NFL and their players, coaching and support staffs,  are traditionally supporting BCAM in October by wearing pink colored authentic NFL Equipment and apparel both on the playing field, and in the sidelines during their NFL games. :ribbon:  :nfl:  :ribbon:

Who said it was remarkable? It's just something that's being commented on because it's happening.

No one is even making a big deal about it.

It was a remark, so someone thought it was remarkable. Why are you making a big deal out of this?

Most of the primetime games so far this season have been blowouts. Hope that changes soon.

All Thursday night games have been.

Week 1: Packers vs Seahawks, 16-36

Week 2: Steelers vs Ravens, 6-26

Week 3: Buccaneers vs Falcons, 14-56

Week 4: Giants vs Redskins, 14-45

Week 5: Vikings vs Packers, 10-41

Week 6: Colts vs Texans, ?????

Hopefully next weeks game will be a beat down by the Colts!!!!

It was a remark, so someone thought it was remarkable. Why are you making a big deal out of this?

lmao

Yes I'm the one making a big deal of this. Not you asking a completely irrelevant question, "This affects the game how?" Just because you don't care about breast cancer awareness or something? I couldn't even begin to guess what your motivation behind that post was.

I know you relish in being "that guy", but I promise you don't have to be "that guy" all the time.

I just wanted to stop in to say how much I hate Thursday night football that doesn't take place on Thanksgiving. I would rather all games be on Sunday or Monday so teams don't have to play on such short rest & think it is a recipe for disaster in the long run. You really have to feel for teams like San Diego & Washington having to play two of them. 

Ok.... Does that impact the game in any way?

Why is it even remarkable?

It doesn't impact the game but since they are trying to bring awareness to a disease that affects both men & women killing 1,000's a year any support is a good thing. You seriously need to get over yourself.

All Thursday night games have been.

Week 1: Packers vs Seahawks, 16-36

Week 2: Steelers vs Ravens, 6-26

Week 3: Buccaneers vs Falcons, 14-56

Week 4: Giants vs Redskins, 14-45

Week 5: Vikings vs Packers, 10-41

Week 6: Colts vs Texans, ?????

Hopefully next weeks game will be a beat down by the Colts!!!!

Yeah, hopefully the Colts are the one blowing out the Texans.