Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landry's suspension could be a positive...

steveeoaktree33

Let's face it, we sure didn't need Landry to get suspended right now... really anytime. We could look at it a different way. Reguardless of what's thought of him, he undoubtedly brings the "thumper" quality to games and opposing wideouts know this when coming over the middle. Sitting out could bring some focus and perspective. Midseason healing of the little dings to be stronger for the rest of the season...?? Experience for Brown and/or Colt Anderson? There's many ways to look at it but hopefully he rises to the occasion upon his return.

Let's face it, we sure didn't need Landry to get suspended right now... really anytime. We could look at it a different way. Reguardless of what's thought of him, he undoubtedly brings the "thumper" quality to games and opposing wideouts know this when coming over the middle. Sitting out could bring some focus and perspective. Midseason healing of the little dings to be stronger for the rest of the season...?? Experience for Brown and/or Colt Anderson? There's many ways to look at it but hopefully he rises to the occasion upon his return.

Everytime someone gets suspended, this thread pops up. The old "blessing in disguise" threads

You guys are to blame for our player's behavior. They read this forum and see that y'all are angry at first then you excuse their suspension in hopes it'll somehow be a positive for the team. This keeps up, halftime is gonna be a rehab/therapy session at the 50 yard line during every home game at the drum!

:sarcasm:

As much at I want someone to take over Landrys spot I doubt anyone will perform better (sorry for the pessimissm lol). Colt and Serg have always been great special teams guys and thats about it. After Adams and Landry I just feel like the safety talent drops off.

I hope Colt, Serg, or Dewey Mac can muster up some dominate play. I hope I am wrong about these guys!

As much at I want someone to take over Landrys spot I doubt anyone will perform better (sorry for the pessimissm lol). Colt and Serg have always been great special teams guys and thats about it. After Adams and Landry I just feel like the safety talent drops off.

I hope Colt, Serg, or Dewey Mac can muster up some dominate play. I hope I am wrong about these guys!

To be fair, the last time Sergio saw any meaningful time at safety was in 2012. Let's see what happens.

Keeping things in perspective right now, last year we went 3-1 when Landry was out.  We beat Seattle, Jacksonville, and San Francisco.  The one loss we did have was to San Diego, and that was just an all around bad game by everyone involved, so having Landry likely wouldn't have helped at all.  We're fine.

He could just blow everyone out of the water who know?? I wont cross him out just yet.

I'm not expecting that to happen. Just saying, he could prove to be a decent fill-in for us. He had a pretty good camp, based on what I've read, and he's big and athletic. Let's see.

I think we all have the image of him taking the wrong angle on Cecil Shorts burned into our brains, and that's all we think of when we imagine Sergio Brown playing safety. But that was his third game as a Colt, it was two years ago, and it was just one play.

Sounds like Manusky might be a fan of Sergio Brown.

I'm not expecting that to happen. Just saying, he could prove to be a decent fill-in for us. He had a pretty good camp, based on what I've read, and he's big and athletic. Let's see.

I think we all have the image of him taking the wrong angle on Cecil Shorts burned into our brains, and that's all we think of when we imagine Sergio Brown playing safety. But that was his third game as a Colt, it was two years ago, and it was just one play.

Oh i dont expect that either lol. With someone like Brown you never know what could happen so im not crossing anything out.

I will admit that I have that burned into my brain......but the worst that can happen is Serge plays like crap then we put Colts or Dewey Mac in, or we still roll with Serge, until Landry comes back. I mean its not a situation to panic over.

Keeping things in perspective right now, last year we went 3-1 when Landry was out. We beat Seattle, Jacksonville, and San Francisco. The one loss we did have was to San Diego, and that was just an all around bad game by everyone involved, so having Landry likely wouldn't have helped at all. We're fine.

3-1 you say? Cut that man!!!!!

Greg Manusky on Sergio Brown compared to Landry: “I think Serg is more of a ball hawk than LaRon is. Serg is more of a free safety-ish."

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

October 2, 2014

#Colts Manusky: Sergio more of a ballhawk than Landry, who's more of a box player.

— Conrad Brunner (@1070Bruno)

October 2, 2014

Sounds like Manusky might be a fan of Sergio Brown.

I'm wondering if this means that Adams will be in a more safety in the box/run stuffer mode for this game? Since Sergio Brown is more of the coverage type.

LOVE the title of the post.

I have a HUGE problem with Landry's attitude and I sense the coaching staff does too. What is this "I don't want to be around the team - I will work out on my own - thank you very much" crap? Not a team player, not even close. Hope the combo of folks we use and maybe develop quickly - smoke his butt and put him on the bench. I know, I know, he makes a decent amount of tackles and plays - but if your arms were bigger than your thighs you would too. All obviously developed covertly as a clever cheater. As brilliant comedienne Margaret Smith once said about working out:

"If your neck is as big as your head - Take a day off!"

Don't even try to defend him - believe me, whether anyone admits it or not - and OF COURSE they won't - he is a major distraction any way you want to slice it. Frankly, I don't care how much money we have invested in him, a loser is still a loser.

ColtsHappy

Everytime someone gets suspended, this thread pops up. The old "blessing in disguise" threads

You guys are to blame for our player's behavior. They read this forum and see that y'all are angry at first then you excuse their suspension in hopes it'll somehow be a positive for the team. This keeps up, halftime is gonna be a rehab/therapy session at the 50 yard line during every home game at the drum!

:sarcasm:

I think, the Colts should hire you as the new drink boy, get sponsored by Mott's Apple juice, replace the Gatorade with apple juice, and all will be well. :D

I don't have any problem with Landry working out on his own during Voluntary Workouts. Edgerrin James used to work out on his own in Miami all the time and everyone knew it.

Except James was working out literally, Landry had a little extra "help" if you know what I mean ;)

Whats that? Hard to see a positive in Landry being suspended & missing 4 weeks, or hard seeing the positive aspect that he has 2nd most tackles???

The 4-game suspension....Steve-33 said it could be a positive for us...in the post title..

....that's like saying Adrian Peterson's suspension is actually good for him because he gets to spend more time with the family

Landry does have second most tackles on the team...

just saying...

tackles really are a meaningless stat unless you see how got those tackles. What if I told you that some line backer got 200 tackles? then what if I told you that every tackle he made was 15 yards down the field on the guy he was supposed to be covering...

tackles really are a meaningless stat unless you see how got those tackles. What if I told you that some line backer got 200 tackles? then what if I told you that every tackle he made was 15 yards down the field on the guy he was supposed to be covering...

yeah that's pretty insightful, never thought of that...

its some of the bad with some good sprinkled in at times with Landry, point still stands he is the best option at safety with the current roster, according to the coaches who I still believe know better than the average fan...

So losing your second leading tackler for a four game stretch is still not a great thing in my opinion,  

but haters gonna hate...

The 4-game suspension....Steve-33 said it could be a positive for us...in the post title..

....that's like saying Adrian Peterson's suspension is actually good for him because he gets to spend more time with the family

That was funny Uncle been a good night for a laugh that Luck can't throw the deep ball now more time with his family....

I found this interesting on Stampede Blue, not sure if it has been posted yet.

On a serious note, I'm not sure the leaders of the team want Landry back in the locker room. I mentioned in my controversial column this summer, Landry seemed more like a guy who was all about the money and didn't care about the team. That he wasn't about "Building the Monster" of the Colts and more about "Building the Monster" that is himself. My sentiments seemed confirmed when beloved veteran Reggie Wayne made the harshest comments I've ever heard Reggie say about a teammate. For those that haven't seen it Wayne said (when on with Jake Query and Derek Schultz on 1260 in Indianapolis Monday night), "[Landry] is kind of a guy that sits by himself. We're not gonna judge. I'll just keep a question mark on my face." So not only was Landry inept on the field, he was alienating himself off the field and in the locker room. That's not good for a locker room culture, one of the team's highest paid players setting a terrible example. I doubt Wayne is the only one feeling that way either. But that's just my thought on it.

To me that sounds like more of an issue than just working out on his own in the offseason.

Not like that was a big play in that game. 

the only possible good here is that LaRon will be healthier later in the season...

..but I wish we had him, especially Thursday night at Houston and the next week vs. Cincy

Maybe now he'll stop taking weight room selfies now that we know he's fraudulently working out

Lose some of those muscles maybe he can finally wrap someone up and make a solid form tackle

His last year with the Jets I meant.

Believe that was his pro bowl year

Yes it was and that's what I thought you meant. But technically you could call that "last year's Pro Bowl " as it took place in 2013. So your post saying that he made last year's Pro Bowl was correct if you were going by the year it took place.

But no matter ... we both know he made the Pro Bowl with the Jets and has been no where near a Pro gown safety playing for Indy.

Yes it was and that's what I thought you meant. But technically you could call that "last year's Pro Bowl " as it took place in 2013. So your post saying that he made last year's Pro Bowl was correct if you were going by the year it took place.

But no matter ... we both know he made the Pro Bowl with the Jets and has been no where near a Pro gown safety playing for Indy.

Nope, been a major drop off in production for Mr. Landry

Like I stated above, maybe with these next four weeks he drops those artificial muscles and tones his body to be the way it should be. And hopefully lose those artificial biceps so he can actually wrap tackle

Maybe now he'll stop taking weight room selfies now that we know he's fraudulently working out

Lose some of those muscles maybe he can finally wrap someone up and make a solid form tackle

agreed..the shocker isn't that LRL tested dirty now,,,

its that it hasn't happened soonere

He looks like Sammy Sosa did when he was hitting popups out of Wrigley Field 60 times a year..