Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Apparently the Colts dont have a chance against the Ravens...

bap1331

NFL Network says that the Colts D will not be able to get past the oline to get to Flacco so he will pick us apart. On the opposite, the running D is alot better now which can make the game 1 dimensional and obvious to the pass.

I think the key to the game will be the noise and Colts greatness. Show Harbaugh there is no artificial noise and make sure Flacco doesnt hear anything. Let's show everyone that Flacco has just been facing weak teams to look good! :D

We have zero pass rush, going against one of the best Olines in the league, I don't disagree that Flacco will have a long time to throw.

Still think we win, but pressuring Flacco will be tough.

Agreed. I have a hard time seeing us generate a pass rush vs. the Ravens. Hasn't happened all season, not sure why that would magically start this game.

I do still think we get the W, though.

You guys have it all wrong. The Ravens are good and the Colts are bad. I learned how to think from people on T.V talking about sports..

The Colts have underachieved against good teams so far. Great opportunity to turn that around- and frankly they should take care of this one.

Agreed. I have a hard time seeing us generate a pass rush vs. the Ravens. Hasn't happened all season, not sure why that would magically start this game.

Well, apparently Robert Mathis is playing coach this game so maybe that'll be a spark

Idk..... Just throwing out hopes

We are going to need to put up some pts, which thankfully we're playing at home, so there should be no excuses why we can't. I also heard about the Ravens saying we pump in crowd noise and Chuck Pagano getting ticked off about it, so I trust Pagano will communicate that insult to our players, and the fans will be sure to rally around Chuck and bring the noise.

Considering Chuck Pagano and several of our players were former Ravens, there will be a strong level of play brought to the field. I think our defense will surprise some people, but it will still be up to our offense to win the game.

I love when analysis doubt the Colts. We were doubted last year against the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos and those turned out in our favor.

Go Colts!! Lets get a win!

me too. I dont like the Colts getting favored. Its just who the Colts are...

me too. I dont like the Colts getting favored. Its just who the Colts are...

Colts are such a good team when adversity hits. When Pagano got Leukemia they rallied to a great rookie year for Luck. When Allen and Wayne went down they pulled great wins against Sea, SF, and Den.

NFL Network says that the Colts D will not be able to get past the oline to get to Flacco so he will pick us apart. 

Certainly you don't disagree with this assessment, do you? At least to the point of our defense being quite unimpressive in regard to pressuring QB's in 2014. 

Seems quite fair to me, an honest point of contention. 

If our DB's/LB's can cover their men, we might get some pressure by way of coverage. 

Colts are such a good team when adversity hits. When Pagano got Leukemia they rallied to a great rookie year for Luck. When Allen and Wayne went down they pulled great wins against Sea, SF, and Den.

Reggie Wayne didn't go down until the Denver game. Seattle & San Francisco had already been beaten by the Colts by then

Reggie Wayne didn't go down until the Denver game. Seattle & San Francisco had already been beaten by the Colts by then

Well i just shortened it. Didnt mean to corrilate Waynes injury with the SF and Sea game. But just in general last year had a lot of underdog moments that the Colts did very well in.

Ive liked Newsome he has had some speed off the snap and a good motor. If Mathis is able to mentor him, refine some techniques, and give him limited snaps he has the potential to turn into a good player! Hopefully it happens by this year lol

We are going to need to put up some pts, which thankfully we're playing at home, so there should be no excuses why we can't. I also heard about the Ravens saying we pump in crowd noise and Chuck Pagano getting ticked off about it, so I trust Pagano will communicate that insult to our players, and the fans will be sure to rally around Chuck and bring the noise.

Considering Chuck Pagano and several of our players were former Ravens, there will be a strong level of play brought to the field. I think our defense will surprise some people, but it will still be up to our offense to win the game.

Yes, home field advantage should pay dividends & please no false start penalties since our line should know Luck's cadence. Nothing royally ticks me off more than when our guys jump early inside a quiet LOS audience. It drives me nuts actually. We cannot shot ourselves in the foot or defeat ourselves because the Ravens are too good at making their adversary pay with TDs vs FGs & I don't wanna see us pinned deep near our own endzone either. If we don't make stupid mistakes, I like our chances. 

Yes, Indy's offense needs to be sharp all 4 qtrs that means get Nicks, Moncrief, Bradshaw, TY, TR, Allen, Wayne, & Fleener touches early. Spread the ball around. No sluggish start please Colts. I know the greatness you are fully capable of. Show me a complete game against a playoff warrior team this weekend no excuses. 

That's the beauty of being an underdog among the NFL analyst community: You get to see all these intellectual wizards, & I use the term loosely, scratch their heads in dumbfounded amazement when we pull off the impossible.

What did Solomon Wilcots say? Or Tedy Bruschi? Or Sean O'Hara? I'll bet Jeff Saturday gave INDY some love man. The 4 names I mentioned I really respect. I'd add Shannon Sharpe to that list too, but he's kind of obligated to root for Baltimore since he won a SB ring there in 2000 so I will pardon him in this instance for that bias. 

We have zero pass rush, going against one of the best Olines in the league, I don't disagree that Flacco will have a long time to throw.

Still think we win, but pressuring Flacco will be tough.

Joe Cool might have an off day which would make INDY's pass rush woes null & void on Sunday. I have seen Flacco under perform before. It's rare, but not outside the realm of possibility. Any established QB can play a bad game on any given week. Just ask Tom Brady. 

Why does anyone worry about this silly stuff, There is nobody in the media that decides when or if the team...or any team for that matter will lose, There opinion on the matter is no better then yours or mine, They are mostly there to promote in various ways the product. Most media is not worth paying any mind, The only media that's really worth listening to is sometimes former players or insiders who actually have information that fans should know.

HMMMMM

Game time temperature is going to be around 59 degrees and sunny.....I have this funny feeling the roof will be closed anyway similar to the Monday night game  in November last year.  I may be wrong.

The Colts generally follow a 50-80 degree rule.  I say close it and show Baltimore just how loud fans can make the stadium shake.

I feel again at home we will get pressure on the QB via the blitz package as well as Walden sliding to Rush backer.  Freeman being back will help as well.  Art Jones, where are you?  :)  Werner.....one more step....please.

I am looking forward to seeing whether I am right or wrong......:)

NFL Network says that the Colts D will not be able to get past the oline to get to Flacco so he will pick us apart. On the opposite, the running D is alot better now which can make the game 1 dimensional and obvious to the pass.

I think the key to the game will be the noise and Colts greatness. Show Harbaugh there is no artificial noise and make sure Flacco doesnt hear anything. Let's show everyone that Flacco has just been facing weak teams to look good! :D

1) never heard a teams "greatness" as a key to the game.

2) what they said, if you understood correctly, is not unreasonable.

3) this is one opinion. There will plenty who think the colts win this game

The O line for the Ravens is as beat up as the Colts O line. The Colts have solid corners that can cover so Steve Smith will not be running wild.  The Colts D line has been playing well, I'm not worried about the Raven running all over the Colts nor Flacco passing for alot of yards ; Flacco is a game manager and it has been shown when you put some pressure on him he will break.  This game will come down to which team rides the wave.  I believe the Colts will turn some heads on  Sunday on both sides of the ball.  

With Louis stepping in on the Oline, I'm scared of what Suggs and Ngata will be able to do to Luck. 

Pep better have A LOT of QB rollouts and runs ready to roll for all the pressure Ravens D will imply. 

I want to see exactly ZERO of this bobblehead garbage: 

suggsjiggle.0.gif

Misdirection, rollouts...screens. and more Bradshaw.  At home he really gets the team going! !! 

I think Vegas has it right. Having the game in Indy is worth 3.5 points. It is a tough place to play, and this will be a tough place to pull out a win for the Ravens. If it was in Baltimore, a very difficult place to play for opposing teams, the line may be the other way.

Basically, as it always does, it will come down to match- ups and key injuries on both sides, and who exploits them. The Colts are 4-0 against the Ravens at home, the Ravens have won the last two meetings, but that is meaningless, because most of those players are gone. The home field advantage though is real, and it's hard to win against good teams on the road in the NFL. That is my concern as a Raven's fan.

I think we can generate pass rush.  People fixate too much on Werner's lack of sacks.  He's gotten to the QB a number of times, and QBs generally haven't had all day to throw.  We'd all feel better if he had Mathis-like pressure and sack numbers, but he and Walden have been doing fairly well.  True, we've had to do some blitzing to dial up the pressure, and elite QBs will pick us apart.  But our elite QB will be doing the same thing to the Ravens' rather subpar pass defense.  Whose chances do you like better - Luck's or Flacco's?

I think this game lies in the hands (LITERALLY, ROFlmao) of our o-line. If the Ravens' front seven control the line like they are very capable of doing, I think the Colts lose this game. Not saying that the Colts will need to put up 40 points to win, but I'd say first to 24 wins it.

Hoping the pocket holds up long enough for Luck to make Baltimore look like Jacksonville... I think I'll vomit if we have to see Suggs ugly mug yelling and grinning after a sack.

Depending on Lance Louis the pass blocking should be fine in this game.  I respect the heck out of Suggs and then you also have Dumerville, but I don't think it's a better pass rushing tandem than Demarcus Ware and Von Miller.  We held up pretty well against Denvers pass rush for the most part.   I think we'll be fine in the passing game.  And as I mentioned before I think the bulk of our runs in this game will be set up off of passing sets to neutralize that front.

The Ravens put up 38 against the Panthers so I wouldn't be too sure.

That was at Baltimore with a highly motivated Steve Smith who's intensity has a way of rubbing off. Let's be honest the Panthers are offensively challenged. Cam is trying to come back from injury. He ran the ball 2 for 7 yards. If he can't move he is a very average player.

The Steelers put up a season high 37 on the Panthers. You aren't going to make much money betting on Carolina this year. At least not until Cam shows he can carry the show.  This isn't last years Panthers team.

Different game different week. I am not a fan of the hook would  love to see the line fall to 3 but I am laying the 3.5. I could see it coming down to a fg or getting ugly depending on how Flacco plays but either way we win it at home.

We are one of the better teams in the AFC after Sunday hopefully everyone will be cool with that.

I think we can generate pass rush.  People fixate too much on Werner's lack of sacks.  He's gotten to the QB a number of times, and QBs generally haven't had all day to throw.  We'd all feel better if he had Mathis-like pressure and sack numbers, but he and Walden have been doing fairly well.  True, we've had to do some blitzing to dial up the pressure, and elite QBs will pick us apart.  But our elite QB will be doing the same thing to the Ravens' rather subpar pass defense.  Whose chances do you like better - Luck's or Flacco's?

Agree about the pass rush especially Werner if he could make the play when he gets there he would have a couple of sacks already.

That's the beauty of being an underdog among the NFL analyst community: You get to see all these intellectual wizards, & I use the term loosely, scratch their heads in dumbfounded amazement when we pull off the impossible.

What did Solomon Wilcots say? Or Tedy Bruschi? Or Sean O'Hara? I'll bet Jeff Saturday gave INDY some love man. The 4 names I mentioned I really respect. I'd add Shannon Sharpe to that list too, but he's kind of obligated to root for Baltimore since he won a SB ring there in 2000 so I will pardon him in this instance for that bias. 

I wanted to point this out.  The numbers look good on the Ravens offensive line, but as I looked further it's because they've mostly been running on people and setting up for the play action pass.  In essence they haven't often been in the position where they've had to go 3rd and long obvious passing downs.  That's why this team has good pass blocking numbers, and it's exactly why Shaub and that Texans offense looked good for that one season.  

The key to stopping Flacco and the Ravens on offense is the same key as it was with the Texans.  Shaub and Flacco are statues and when you Stop The Run and put them in obvious passing situations they have trouble on their hands.  I think our run defense is a lot better than many here give credit for, and this is a scheme that we became good at defending after some time. They have some good running game stats, but I just don't respect the runners that they have in place.  I think we will do a good job against this rushing attack.  I just feel good about it!  Especially with Freeman back I think we'll put pressure on this guy more than people are expecting.