Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hope the O keeps rolling vs Balt

Coaching sux

It all depends on how we choose to attack Baltimore with our passing game. Against the Eagles, we opted for short, quick throws, which greatly backfired. The coaching staff outsmarted themselves and played right into Philly's hands. They didn't have a great secondary and that's what we should have exploited. Instead, we chose to focus on a ball control offense.

Against Baltimore, let's stick with our attacking-style passing game and let Luck dictate if we're going to win or lose this game.

Something I will say is I really hope we can get a run game going and keep the offense off the field as much as possible. The less we see of Flacco, Forsett, and Taliaferro the better. And it keeps out defense fresh.

But if winning means Luck has to score fast and pass down field then by all means. I just would like to see a win with a dominant rush game and dominant defense.

They've given up an average of 260 yards/game through the air, and allow offenses to convert third downs at 48%. They've been pretty good against the run, and though they don't have a lot of sacks, they've been getting pressure.

I think we need to do a good job on first down, and avoid turnovers. No sloppy passes, no drops.

They've given up an average of 260 yards/game through the air, and allow offenses to convert third downs at 48%. They've been pretty good against the run, and though they don't have a lot of sacks, they've been getting pressure.

I think we need to do a good job on first down, and avoid turnovers. No sloppy passes, no drops.

Eh, Andrew's good for a bad pass or 2

And it's usually Fleener or Hilton that get the drops

But hopefully in front of the home crowd we play focused and intense

I agree, but I think we still need to run the ball at least 25 times.

Something I will say is I really hope we can get a run game going and keep the offense off the field as much as possible. The less we see of Flacco, Forsett, and Taliaferro the better. And it keeps out defense fresh.

But if winning means Luck has to score fast and pass down field then by all means. I just would like to see a win with a dominant rush game and dominant defense.

........ You forgot about Steve Smith

........ You forgot about Steve Smith

I really dont think Steve Smith will have that big of a game. Remember that 70 yards of his 130 yard game was off of a fluke tip by Owen Daniels. Just happen to be in the right place at the tight time.

I agree, but I think we still need to run the ball at least 25 times.

I would like for us to run the ball effectively, but I don't think there's any magic number of attempts. And honestly, unless we're behind, 25 is a little lower than I expect. 

I really dont think Steve Smith will have that big of a game. Remember that 70 yards of his 130 yard game was off of a fluke tip by Owen Daniels. Just happen to be in the right place at the tight time.

What about the rest of the destruction he's leashed on the league in the last month? That guy is on a mission, and I hope we do a good job against him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made some plays.

What about the rest of the destruction he's leashed on the league in the last month? That guy is on a mission, and I hope we do a good job against him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made some plays.

Oh there is no doubt how much of a beast he has been. I really think Davis and Toler are the best CBs he has gone against. The Colts have done a good job against opposing WRs. Maybe its just Walker, Sproles, and Thomas tearing us up is still ingrained in my mind, and it makes me think Forsett will do more damage lol

Oh there is no doubt how much of a beast he has been. I really think Davis and Toler are the best CBs he has gone against.

Joe Haden didn't offer very much resistance. Three catches on 3 targets, 63 yards. I think they'll keep him on the right side, away from Vontae, let him go up against Toler. Two physical players, ought to draw some penalties on both sides. I'd love to see him line up on the left side all day long, heavyweight matchup for 12 rounds. 

Joe Haden didn't offer very much resistance. Three catches on 3 targets, 63 yards. I think they'll keep him on the right side, away from Vontae, let him go up against Toler. Two physical players, ought to draw some penalties on both sides. I'd love to see him line up on the left side all day long, heavyweight matchup for 12 rounds.

That match up will be a physical one. Also if Flacco gives Davis the Sherman treatment and They line Steve Smith on Toler then I can see a pick coming from Tolers end.

I don't respect hardly anybody they have in the secondary.  I think we'll be able to score through the air in the passing game as long as we keep up the good pass blocking we've been doing.  It's probably going to be tough sledding in the running game, but I think we can gain yards using the passing game as a running game with screens to Richardson and Bradshaw.  Maybe we can work Boom Herron into the mix as well.  I think we should incorporate all 3 backs in this game.  Can't forget about quick screens to Moncrief and T.Y. also!

I think we'll also be able to find some running room spreading them out and running out of the shotgun.  That's probably what we'll have to do to neutralize all those hogs they have on the defensive line.  Just keep running at them when they are in the nickel and dime sets.  We can also beat them with quick short passes to our backs when we are forced to go against their big men in short yardage. Lucks feet can also be utilized with some timely play action bootlegs. We'll still continue to see the power running sets, but I think we'll see more passing from them in this game. I feel confident we will approach the game this way on Sunday.

I don't respect hardly anybody they have in the secondary. I think we'll be able to score through the air in the passing game as long as we keep up the good pass blocking we've been doing. It's probably going to be tough sledding in the running game, but I think we can gain yards using the passing game as a running game with screens to Richardson and Bradshaw. Maybe we can work Boom Herron into the mix as well. I think we should incorporate all 3 backs in this game. Can't forget about quick screens to Moncrief and T.Y. also!

I think we'll also be able to find some running room spreading them out and running out of the shotgun. That's probably what we'll have to do to neutralize all those hogs they have on the defensive line. Just keep running at them when they are in the nickel and dime sets. We can also beat them with quick short passes to our backs when we are forced to go against their big men in short yardage. Lucks feet can also be utilized with some timely play action bootlegs. We'll still continue to see the power running sets, but I think we'll see more passing from them in this game. I feel confident we will approach the game this way on Sunday.

I like your thinking Krunk! The only player who has shown good skills in the secondary is Ladarius Webb but idk if he is healthy and i feel like Hilton or Wayne would work fine against him.

Offensive wise my only concern would be the running game. I agree it will be a tough day for the backs. I feel pretty darn confident about the offense though.

My main concern is still the defense. When Flacco is given time he can make top throws so we need a pass rush to show up. I hope it can come from the DL or OLB cause i don't want to have to rely on blitzes for pressure. Sankey killed us on that last scoring drive (granted it was at the end if the game and we already locked it up). If the Colts defense looks like that drive against Forsett and Taliaferro then it could be a long day.

I don't respect hardly anybody they have in the secondary.  I think we'll be able to score through the air in the passing game as long as we keep up the good pass blocking we've been doing.  It's probably going to be tough sledding in the running game, but I think we can gain yards using the passing game as a running game with screens to Richardson and Bradshaw.  Maybe we can work Boom Herron into the mix as well.  I think we should incorporate all 3 backs in this game.  Can't forget about quick screens to Moncrief and T.Y. also!

I think we'll also be able to find some running room spreading them out and running out of the shotgun.  That's probably what we'll have to do to neutralize all those hogs they have on the defensive line.  Just keep running at them when they are in the nickel and dime sets.  We can also beat them with quick short passes to our backs when we are forced to go against their big men in short yardage. Lucks feet can also be utilized with some timely play action bootlegs. We'll still continue to see the power running sets, but I think we'll see more passing from them in this game. I feel confident we will approach the game this way on Sunday.

Agree Krunk!! I just hope the gameplan is not trying to PROVE we are more physical team by trying to play power football against their BIG front which is good at STOPPING the run. The Colts need to STAY in attack mode and MIX IT UP on 1st down! Coming out with a run up the middle nearly everytime will lead to 3rd and longs which plays right into the Raven's hands. On defense they HAVE TO pressure Flacco because he can kill you with the long ball IF given time. His bad games seem to be when he's getting knocked around. (like MOST qbs) I'd rather the Colts go down SWINGING with AGGRESSIVE play (like the last couple weeks)instead of playing it close to the vest HOPING to win.  

I don't respect hardly anybody they have in the secondary. I think we'll be able to score through the air in the passing game as long as we keep up the good pass blocking we've been doing. It's probably going to be tough sledding in the running game, but I think we can gain yards using the passing game as a running game with screens to Richardson and Bradshaw. Maybe we can work Boom Herron into the mix as well. I think we should incorporate all 3 backs in this game. Can't forget about quick screens to Moncrief and T.Y. also!

I think we'll also be able to find some running room spreading them out and running out of the shotgun. That's probably what we'll have to do to neutralize all those hogs they have on the defensive line. Just keep running at them when they are in the nickel and dime sets. We can also beat them with quick short passes to our backs when we are forced to go against their big men in short yardage. Lucks feet can also be utilized with some timely play action bootlegs. We'll still continue to see the power running sets, but I think we'll see more passing from them in this game. I feel confident we will approach the game this way on Sunday.

Jimmy Smith is a very good cornerback. Webb is very good when healthy, but he's not . Expect the Colts to go after Asa Jackson. The safeties Elam and Stewart tend to peak in the backfield. They have blown a couple of assignments against the Bengals and Panthers. Luck will be all over that.