Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hate To Be The Bearer Of Bad News But.....

mahagga73

I would bet the farm Caldwell is back next year.Irsay doesn't have the guts to clean house,so get used to bad football for the foreseeable future.I have moved past the notion that it is just PM that is the reason for this but it is so much more,from the Front Office down to the coaches,and especially the Owners box if something drastic is not done in the offseason.This antiquated defense,drafting small players who get their arses kicked in in the fourth quarter,failure to acquire a competent backup QB,failure to do something about special teams,failure to have NFL quality CB's.Failure to acquire a free agent or two to bolster weaknesses,etc...

I would bet the farm Caldwell is back next year.Irsay doesn't have the guts to clean house,so get used to bad football for the foreseeable future.I have moved past the notion that it is just PM that is the reason for this but it is so much more,from the Front Office down to the coaches,and especially the Owners box if something drastic is not done in the offseasom.

I am okay with Caldwell coming back if other changes to his staff are made. Namely the DC and Special teams coaches. Even though the defense has improved Coyer just isn't cutting it. I thought the ST coach had to go before this but something McAfee said two weeks ago on WNDE sold it for me. He said he talked to Tressel more than he does his coach and he doesn't talk to Tressel that much.

I have to agree with you on this. Irsay doesn't have the guts to fire Caldwell or any of the other coaches.

He fired Mora in 01 and he fired the GM and HC after the 97 season. He'll fire a coach if he thinks they have to go. Most people don't want to fire anyone and aren't going to hint at it before they do do it.

I would bet the farm Caldwell is back next year.Irsay doesn't have the guts to clean house,so get used to bad football for the foreseeable future.I have moved past the notion that it is just PM that is the reason for this but it is so much more,from the Front Office down to the coaches,and especially the Owners box if something drastic is not done in the offseason.This antiquated defense,drafting small players who get their arses kicked in in the fourth quarter,failure to acquire a competent backup QB,failure to do something about special teams,failure to have NFL quality CB's.Failure to acquire a free agent or two to bolster weaknesses,etc...

You're not even close to being in the first 100 to say this! :)

He fired Mora in 01 and he fired the GM and HC after the 97 season. He'll fire a coach if he thinks they have to go. Most people don't want to fire anyone and aren't going to hint at it before they do do it.

Mora waa fired because he refused to fire his DC Fangio but I see your point.I don't know if you have heard Polian speak on Caldwell but you would thinkwe were 11-1 and Caldwell was Bill Walsh the way he gushes over his 0-11 coach.There can only be 2 things to take with that,EITHER he is Insane or everybody else in the country is stupid.I am gonna say the former.To insult our IQ's with these ludicrous comments is infuriating.

Well Polian is still riding high on the Caldwell bandwagon right now. At what point is Polian's job in jeopardy?

Polian has a track record and a history of being successful. Caldwell has nothing. When Caldwell has been faced with adversity, like losing his starting QB, he hasn't done anything to get a win. He is poor at clock management. He has nothing going for him

depends what you mean by bad football. With PM is in then we may play bad in areas, but come out with wins, and a win is a win. No doubt action needs to be taken, I still cant wrap my head around how a team can lose all the games in a season and not even make changes, not just player changes too. Since players are meant to do what they are taught and told to do. I would have thought making changes during the season would be better, and have them there for the draft and full offseason, as this season really has no meaning other than making the team better for next year.

Mora waa fired because he refused to fire his DC Fangio but I see your point.I don't know if you have heard Polian speak on Caldwell but you would thinkwe were 11-1 and Caldwell was Bill Walsh the way he gushes over his 0-11 coach.There can only be 2 things to take with that,EITHER he is Insane or everybody else in the country is stupid.I am gonna say the former.To insult our IQ's with these ludicrous comments is infuriating.

You are exactly right why he was fired but he was still fired. That's my point if Irsay thinks he needs to fire someone he'll do it, it's not a lack of guts on his part like someone else said he's done it twice as owner already and probably had a hand in it many times before that when he was the GM of the team.

Remember who cuts Polian's pay check and who also has a hand in this mess, he's spinning clearly. Take it for what it is, spin. He's not an objective member of the media watching this. I am sure Caldwell probably is doing a good job coaching players up and keeping them playing hard (which they did today) that's not my issue with Caldwell. My issue is that he doesn't adjust at half-time but that again Polian is doing spin 101 talk about the poistives the guy does and ignore the negatives.

so your with me,I say Caldwell stays next year.Don't like it but ...

well that was in response to the question of when is Polian's job on the line or something like that.

As for Caldwell I wouldn't be shocked either way. I do think there is a eal good chance some fans are going to be shocked and mad about how much rope the Colts are going to give him because he didn't have Peyton Manning. I mean to me that isn't just any other injury. I also think if we had Peyton Manning right now we would be at worst 7-4 and this would be a very different season and I think the Colts see that to and are asking the question is 0-11 a product or bad coaching or a product of not having Peyton Manning? I know where most fans stand on that but I think the Colts might not have the same opinion. WIth that said I am not sure any coach can come back at 0-16 regardless of who is playing and who isn't playing.

Of course it's not just PM that we're missing as to the reason why we're losing.

The coaching staff lost us our season last year, and if we didn't have a loser staff again this year, even with woeful Painter, we'd at least still pull out 1 win.

This is nonsense.

Don't freakin tell me the Colts are even trying to win when they continually don't seek a better answer.

I know the players are trying to win, but the staff and front office is just using "Oh, if Peyton were here, we'd be ok" excuse.

This is bull.

I also think if we had Peyton Manning right now we would be at worst 7-4 and this would be a very different season and I think the Colts see that to and are asking the question is 0-11 a product or bad coaching or a product of not having Peyton Manning?

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a product of BAD COACHING!!! PERIOD!!! Yes, I'm upset...our Coaching staff has hellofva lot more talent than Denver does, yet the people in charge in Deven (and they even dislike Tebow) are winning, because they are thinking outside the box.

Whats wrong with our #edly thinking staff if they can't do the same thing. They are stuff using the Peyton Manning EXCUSE and it's rediculas.

Not if Peyton comes back and we start winning again then that place will be sold out regardless of who the head coach is. Most fans hate losing not Jim Caldwell.

I dont think we will start winning like we used to even with Peyton. While good players is nice to have, you HAVE to have good coaching to win in this league. So I dont know how much more I could take of Caldwell and this team if he is back again next year.

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a product of BAD COACHING!!! PERIOD!!! Yes, I'm upset...our Coaching staff has hellofva lot more talent than Denver does, yet the people in charge in Deven (and they even dislike Tebow) are winning, because they are thinking outside the box.

Whats wrong with our #edly thinking staff if they can't do the same thing. They are stuff using the Peyton Manning EXCUSE and it's rediculas.

Yeah Denver also found a QB that worked for them give us a QB that worked for us namely Peyton Manning and things would be better. It's not an excuse it's the main reason you might not like it but it is. Jim Caldwell's coaching has nothing to do with Curtis Painter stinking.

I don't think Caldwell is safe. There is 0 reason for the Colts to keep him next year. It will be Polian and Polian's call

Therein lies the problem. Bill's ego is inflated to the point he won't come out and admit he screwed up assembling this "NFL caliber team" and coaching staff.

The Polians need to be shown the door as well - and THAT falls on Irsay who is too batblank insane to do anything about it.

He was never going to be fired for not winning without Manning

I dont know about that.... he made some coaching mistakes last year. This is the icing on the cake.

he also got a team that was 6-6 and a mess of injuries into the playoffs last year and got this team to a Super Bowl the year before that and while fans might choose to give all that credit to Peyton Manning but listen to Polian talk it's pretty clear that the Colts front office doesn't share the opinion that it was only because of Peyton Manning and that Jim Caldwell had something to do with it.

he also got a team that was 6-6 and a mess of injuries into the playoffs last year and got this team to a Super Bowl the year before that and while fans might choose to give all that credit to Peyton Manning but listen to Polian talk it's pretty clear that the Colts front office doesn't share the opinion that it was only because of Peyton Manning and that Jim Caldwell had something to do with it.

If I hear one more person tell me he "took a team to a superbowl" I'm going to scream.....................

If I hear one more person tell me he "took a team to a superbowl" I'm going to scream.....................

like I said in my post I know most fans don't agree with that view but it's pretty clear the Colts do and they are the ones who are going to decide if Caldwell is back or not so that's why I brought it up.

I dont think we will start winning like we used to even with Peyton. While good players is nice to have, you HAVE to have good coaching to win in this league. So I dont know how much more I could take of Caldwell and this team if he is back again next year.

I agree,I think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening next year.This team is not what it used to be.Needs serious upgrades in several areas,I think we will be closer to 9-7 than 13-3.Peyton is still peyton,but I think even he is gonna start winding down a bit.

Yeah Denver also found a QB that worked for them give us a QB that worked for us namely Peyton Manning and things would be better. It's not an excuse it's the main reason you might not like it but it is. Jim Caldwell's coaching has nothing to do with Curtis Painter stinking.

LOL, you do know that the ball has laces ,right.Because if you don't think Caldwell has nothing to do with this mess, than you you don't even know what game you are watching.