Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LOS, on top ten disappointment list.

Cynjin

http://www.foxsports.com/south/photos/nfl-s-biggest-disappointments-at-the-quarter-pole-mark-092914#img_0

Okay, a Foxsports top ten list has the "sun shade problem" at LOS as one of the top ten disappointments after 4 games, along with things like the Jags being thin at running back.

They even said that it was an unfair advantage and the Colts should not be allowed to host 1:00pm games on sunny days.  LOL, smh.

While I don't agree with the whole scenario they laid out there necessarily it is very bright to watch to the point I find myself having to turn away from the tv once in a while because of the brightness, I don't know what its like live at the stadium for fans that are able to attend in person however because I am unable to attend currently do to financial contraints.

But as I said watching it on tv it does get very bright

While I don't agree with the whole scenario they laid out there necessarily it is very bright to watch to the point I find myself having to turn away from the tv once in a while because of the brightness, I don't know what its like live at the stadium for fans that are able to attend in person however because I am unable to attend currently do to financial contraints.

Live at the stadium I think that it is fine.  When I have watched it at home I sometimes have an issue with following the ball, but nothing too bad.

I just found the list goofy.  I am not sure how the sun shade issue at any stadium makes a top ten disappointments list.

http://www.foxsports.com/south/photos/nfl-s-biggest-disappointments-at-the-quarter-pole-mark-092914#img_0

Okay, a Foxsports top ten list has the "sun shade problem" at LOS as one of the top ten disappointments after 4 games, along with things like the Jags being thin at running back.

They even said that it was an unfair advantage and the Colts should not be allowed to host 1:00pm games on sunny days.  LOL, smh.

Makes me think of this if only the word cloud was crossed out & sun added.

a_560x375.jpg

They even said that it was an unfair advantage and the Colts should not be allowed to host 1:00pm games on sunny days. LOL, smh.

The thing that gets me is that it's the Colts sideline that gets bombarded by the sun all game during 1PM games. I was at the Titans game and I couldn't understand why the Colts wouldn't take the other shady, cool sideline and let the Titans be in the hot sun. I'm pretty sure the sun didn't even touch the Titans sideline until a good bit into the 3rd quarter.

So, yeah, it's an advantage, to the away team.

Putting a retractable roof on LOS was one of the dumbest decisions ever made.

The dumbest thing is that despite the place forever known to me as THE Hoosier Dome being gone since 2008 the city still owes money on it. http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts/indianapolis-still-paying-for-rca-dome

I like the roof but wish they could open it more often.

This is seriously an issue? God, people have to whine about something all the time now. If it were a true open air stadium, we'd have people complaining about how hot/cold it is...since nearly all football stadiums are situated north/south, the same issues would exist in an open air stadium, though to a lesser degree. LOS is a great venue. The only thing that may help is some additional air flow for the south endzone section.

You could adjust your tv....just saying.

I don't think it looks brighter on TV...but the turf does look different then most indoor stadiums. Look at Saints for example...the field turf looks dull, almost like a flatten look. LOS turf looks like a fresh mowed lawn and the colors pop so much more. I have got to point that I do not like watching other indoor stadiums b/c the field just looks so dull and dreary.

LOS does, in fact, suck with the roof open. It's quite terrible. Before I got HD, players would seemingly disappear and reappear when going in and out of shadows. HD cleared much of that up.

BTW: Coby Fleener dropped a wide open TD catch against the Jags 2 weeks ago due to the direct sun glare. 

For some reason, when I click on the link above nothing happens. I think that happens a lot on cell phone links on my iMAC. No matter. I gathered from other comments that it's a sun glare complaint. 

Get a dark, helmet visor to block out the blinding sun or if you're a reporter by a pair Ray Bans or an african safari hat. What a bunch of darn cry babies. LOL! 

Okay, I finally got the link to work. LOS is a beautiful stadium. FOX Sports needs to shut the hades up. 

LOS does, in fact, suck with the roof open. It's quite terrible. Before I got HD, players would seemingly disappear and reappear when going in and out of shadows. HD cleared much of that up.

BTW: Coby Fleener dropped a wide open TD catch against the Jags 2 weeks ago due to the direct sun glare. 

That was in Jacksonville though.

For some reason, when I click on the link above nothing happens. I think that happens a lot on cell phone links on my iMAC. No matter. I gathered from other comments that it's a sun glare complaint. 

Get a dark, helmet visor to block out the blinding sun or if you're a reporter by a pair Ray Bans or an african safari hat. What a bunch of darn cry babies. LOL! 

Okay, I finally got the link to work. LOS is a beautiful stadium. FOX Sports needs to shut the hades up. 

That happens to me sometimes too, I also have an iMac, if you right click and open in a new tab you should be able to view the link.

Someone help me out gosh dangit. Is my short term memory really that bad?  

EDIT: It was the game @JAX. I was recalling it as being in LOS. Nothing to see here. 

Lol, well that's what happens when you drink too much.

Haven't had a drink in 10+ years, never cared for the stuff. I think maybe I'm just not more smarter than I thought I be. 

Good for you, probably a healthier choice.  I can't say the same for myself, because I like beer.