Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

is it actually possible the afc east is wide open

CR91

Eh, still the Pats are the favs but it will be a dog fight. The other three teams have major concerns at QB. The Pats have Brady and a very good back up in Jimmy. Sadly though it is the worst division in the AFC by a lot.

brady isnt looking like brady course that could because hes not getting his normal 30 min pocket. missing mankins yet

brady isnt looking like brady course that could because hes not getting his normal 30 min pocket. missing mankins yet

lol. He has never had 30 minutes to pass but he has had the fastest snap to release of ball in the history of the league. Their issues are so much bigger than one player. But hey, revel all you want. I suppose it is good as it helps you think less about your players getting suspended for PEDs and released for DUIs.

lol. He has never had 30 minutes to pass but he has had the fastest snap to release of ball in the history of the league. Their issues are so much bigger than one player. But hey, revel all you want. I suppose it is good as it helps you think less about your players getting suspended for PEDs and released for DUIs.

So salty.

haha still you gotta admit brady has never been pressured this much. 

Are we seeing the end to Brady's reign

Not sure. Have to see the rest of the season play out but he has to play better. I think the leash is getting shorter. Jimmy coming in last night was no accident or just because the score was out of reach. I think they wanted to get a look at him in a real game and he did no disappoint - 6 of 7 and a TD on his only drive.

Great play by Gronk. Fought hard from the 3 yard line in. Looked like the old Gronk. I hope it continues. He needs to step up too.

That one td was the reason I lost in my ffl. I was winning cause of Charles and then that happened. When's his glass bones going to break again? I kid I kid!

Monday won't be the Pat's biggest embarrassment this season (Bengals, Broncos, Colts, Chargers) but weeks 15,16 and 17 are all of their division rematches. That almost gives then the division because by then those teams will be looking ahead to next season.

I disagree. I don't think you'll see them look that bad again this season.

The whole team looks bad. They're getting blown off the ball up front on offense and defense. The receivers are struggling to create any separation. The LBs and DBs look slow and lack any physicality. There were several times last night where they failed to even try to tackle players. I think it was McCourty who just let Knile Davis run by him on the sideline. They all just look bad. Reminding me of last year's Falcons.

Yep. Pressure from everywhere. One the field and from Jimmy off the field. He needs to right the ship and quickly.

You fans are the only ones who are pushing the Jimmy thing...and its just rediculous to even fathom...Tom Brady has more talent in an old sweaty t-shirt than Jimmy has in every bone in his body. Don't get me wrong....I think Jimmy has the chance to be a special young qb some day...but that day is far from now....if you thought the team is bad WITH Tom then imagine without him....uggh. Everybody in that locker room and on that staff know Tom is the man there...and it isn't even close. I mean I understand the fantasy of the back up qb....if you have Geno Smith starting...but Tom freakin Brady...its a joke...there is no pressure there...if anything Tom creates the pressure on everyone else to step their game up. He holds them accountable and gives them championship aspirations...without him...that team falls off a cliff.

Eh, still the Pats are the favs but it will be a dog fight. The other three teams have major concerns at QB. The Pats have Brady and a very good back up in Jimmy. Sadly though it is the worst division in the AFC by a lot.

Its debatable...AFC South is pretty pathetic along with the NFC East. Records don't tell the whole story....and NE started off just as poorly last year (the only difference is they won some close games they really had no business winning and are losing them this year) but they righted the ship...found their identity and showed what championship caliber qbs/coaches can do for a team. They are missing the running game they had last year...especially Blount...he really was the hammer that made that gave that offense some physicality. If they sort out their OL issues they will be fine...give Brady more than 2 seconds to look down field and he will be great. Unless you have Wilson or Kapernicks legs any qb that gets pressure like that last night is going to look terrible. Its what killed Denver (along with a toothless defense) in the SB and it happened last night.

I think the demise of the patriots is being called a little early. I think they lose to the Bengals this week and then they get it figured out enough to make the playoffs

If they lose to Cincy at home I will be concerned...thats a tough place to play...especially an angry/embarrassed football team....yikes Cincy better be ready for a mauling imo. NE rarely loses at home...and especially not to AFC teams...and especially not after a loss. This isn't arrowhead....home of the loudest fans in football (new record last night)...they are at home...and will play like a bunch of * off dudes.

If the Jets put Vick in then they might have a chance to win the division. Their defense has been good enough to keep them in games with the Packers, Bears, and Lions. Geno is the only person keeping them from going 3-1.

Nobody rights a ship like Vick

Nobody rights a ship like Vick

No Vick isn't good, Geno is just horrible. The Jets have a top 5 defense and two starting caliber RBs. All the Jets need is a QB to manage games and capitalize on the turnovers the defense makes. Look at the Texans. Fitzpatrick is not a good QB by any means but he manages the game and lets the defense win the games.

You fans are the only ones who are pushing the Jimmy thing...and its just rediculous to even fathom...Tom Brady has more talent in an old sweaty t-shirt than Jimmy has in every bone in his body. Don't get me wrong....I think Jimmy has the chance to be a special young qb some day...but that day is far from now....if you thought the team is bad WITH Tom then imagine without him....uggh. Everybody in that locker room and on that staff know Tom is the man there...and it isn't even close. I mean I understand the fantasy of the back up qb....if you have Geno Smith starting...but Tom freakin Brady...its a joke...there is no pressure there...if anything Tom creates the pressure on everyone else to step their game up. He holds them accountable and gives them championship aspirations...without him...that team falls off a cliff.

Its debatable...AFC South is pretty pathetic along with the NFC East. Records don't tell the whole story....and NE started off just as poorly last year (the only difference is they won some close games they really had no business winning and are losing them this year) but they righted the ship...found their identity and showed what championship caliber qbs/coaches can do for a team. They are missing the running game they had last year...especially Blount...he really was the hammer that made that gave that offense some physicality. If they sort out their OL issues they will be fine...give Brady more than 2 seconds to look down field and he will be great. Unless you have Wilson or Kapernicks legs any qb that gets pressure like that last night is going to look terrible. Its what killed Denver (along with a toothless defense) in the SB and it happened last night.

If they lose to Cincy at home I will be concerned...thats a tough place to play...especially an angry/embarrassed football team....yikes Cincy better be ready for a mauling imo. NE rarely loses at home...and especially not to AFC teams...and especially not after a loss. This isn't arrowhead....home of the loudest fans in football (new record last night)...they are at home...and will play like a bunch of * off dudes.

I think the Bengals may be the best team in the afc. The patriots better figure out how to get separation and how to protect brady or its gonna be a long day

The whole team looks bad. They're getting blown off the ball up front on offense and defense. The receivers are struggling to create any separation. The LBs and DBs look slow and lack any physicality. There were several times last night where they failed to even try to tackle players. I think it was McCourty who just let Knile Davis run by him on the sideline. They all just look bad. Reminding me of last year's Falcons.

It looked like the Pats D was wearing boat shoes. They need to punch back instead of standing there and taking it. BB had 5 RB's activated and the two fastest receivers weren't even dressed. Not that Brady has time to stretch the field anyways. BB will build the team backup and they'll be in the thick of things late season. The cigar just blew up in their face last night.  

It looked like the Pats D was wearing boat shoes. They need to punch back instead of standing there and taking it. BB had 5 RB's activated and the two fastest receivers weren't even dressed. Not that Brady has time to stretch the field anyways. BB will build the team backup and they'll be in the thick of things late season. The cigar just blew up in their face last night.  

Where are the weapons? Brady is good enough, but who can he throw the ball to? Where's Tim Wright? Why trade for him, and then give him 49 snaps through four games? Why weren't the receivers activated? Why do you need five backs on the roster period, let alone active on game day?

I just don't understand some things about the approach.

Aside from that, though, it doesn't matter who the receivers are or how many backs you have, not if your line keeps getting beat down like that. And it was the same way defensively, where not only did you get pushed around, but were also slow. Travis Kelce made your DBs look slow. And this is against the Chiefs, the softest team in the playoffs last season.

That's why I compared them to the Falcons. No physicality on either side of the ball, slow on defense, no playmakers... It's a long season, and you're right, there's plenty of time to right the ship. But even if you win that division -- and I'm assuming you will -- there's not a lot you can do about being slow and sluggish on defense.

giphy.gif

Its debatable...AFC South is pretty pathetic along with the NFC East. Records don't tell the whole story

You think the NFC East is worse than the AFC East? Dallas is doing surprisingly well. Philadelphia at 3-1 is playing well too. The Giants seem to be coming together. Perhaps you are referring to the NFC South. They are all not playing as well as was expected.

The AFC East seems to be the worst. Any team there can win the division with an 8-8 record.

Where are the weapons? Brady is good enough, but who can he throw the ball to? Where's Tim Wright? Why trade for him, and then give him 49 snaps through four games? Why weren't the receivers activated? Why do you need five backs on the roster period, let alone active on game day?

I just don't understand some things about the approach.

Aside from that, though, it doesn't matter who the receivers are or how many backs you have, not if your line keeps getting beat down like that. And it was the same way defensively, where not only did you get pushed around, but were also slow. Travis Kelce made your DBs look slow. And this is against the Chiefs, the softest team in the playoffs last season.

That's why I compared them to the Falcons. No physicality on either side of the ball, slow on defense, no playmakers... It's a long season, and you're right, there's plenty of time to right the ship. But even if you win that division -- and I'm assuming you will -- there's not a lot you can do about being slow and sluggish on defense.

I agree 100%. It's a short week but how they come out against Cincy is going to say a lot. The O kind of conceded it's limitations from the get go with the game plan. This is going to be a big challenge for the staff and players.  

You think the NFC East is worse than the AFC East? Dallas is doing surprisingly well. Philadelphia at 3-1 is playing well too. The Giants seem to be coming together. Perhaps you are referring to the NFC South. They are all not playing as well as was expected.

The AFC East seems to be the worst. Any team there can win the division with an 8-8 record.

The AFC East has 7 wins. The AFC and NFC South divisions each have 6 wins so both of those divisions are the worst in football right now.